Play Date

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

The next day

 

“Yes one o’clock at the park. See you there,” Amber said ending her phone call as a walked into the kitchen.

“What was that about?” I asked her.

“I just set up a surprise for Sunyung,” she said happily. 

“Really? Does umma get to know?” I asked laughing.

“Depends,” she said pretending to think hard.

“On what?”

“If umma asks appa nicely,” she said repressing a smilie.

“So it’s going to be like that,” I said moving to within inches of her face.

 

For all her teasing she looked extremely nervous at my proximity. 

 

“After yesterday’s alone time together I thought it would be a while before I had to convince you to do anything for me,” I said in a low voice running my fingers up the side of her arm.

“I was...uh...just kidding,” she said struggling for words.

“What’s the surprise?” I asked quickly.

“I made a play date for her at the park with Yooguen. Minho is going to bring him, the producers suggested the idea. They thought it would be interesting for them to interact.”

“That was too easy,” I said making fun of her.

“Ah, how do you do that to me? I had the upper hand yesterday, but I didn’t even realize it,” she said pretending to be frustrated. 

“I think we can both agree that we have powerful affect on each other,” I told her.

 

She grabbed me suddenly and pulled me close.

 

“What deep dark secrets are you keeping from me?” she asked seriously.

“Oh you’ve got me, I’ll tell you everything,” I said in a funny voice. 

 

We both laughed together, enjoying the feel of being so close.

 

“You know you don’t have to try to have an affect on my behavior,” I said sweetly.

“Woah there lovebirds,” Luna said walking in the room. “Sunyung’s right behind me. You might want to separate a little. She’s at that very impressionable age you know,” she continued in a light tone.

“Sorry unnie,” I said putting some space between us.

“I don’t have a problem with it, but the cameras are right behind her. So just be careful,” Luna said.

 

And just like that Sunyung ran into the room, bringing a frenzy of attention and people with her. She was carrying Mr. Hopper and was full of energy. 

 

“What are we gonna do today Soojung umma?” Sunyung asked stopping to look up at me. 

“Well appa just told me that she has set up a surprise for you,” I said bending down a little.

“A surprise?” she asked her eyes lighting up.

“Yep, so go get your coat because we are headed out,” Amber told her.

“Yay!!!” she screamed running out of the room.

 

At the park

 

“It’s a beautiful day,” Krystal sighed getting out of the van. 

“Why do I have to close my eyes appa?” Sunyung asked as Amber lifted her out of the car seat and held her in her arms. 

“Because that is what people do when there is a surprise. You wouldn’t want to spoil the   surprise would you?” Amber asked.

“No,” she said closing her eyes tighter.

“Good. I’ll tell you when to open them,” Amber said.

 

We all followed Amber over to the monkey bars at the jungle gym they had at the park. It was the place that Minho had agreed to meet us with Yooguen. When we got close enough I could see that Minho was already playing with him. He was pretending to climb the monkey bars behind Yooguen. Since Yooguen was six years old he didn’t need help, but only supervision. It has been a while since I’ve seen him, and I never got a chance to meet him in person, but I’ve heard Minho gush about him several times. It was very hard for Minho to adjust to being away from him after the show ended-which is something I also fear. When Minho realized that we were approaching he picked up Yooguen and walked over to stand in front of Amber.

 

“Ok Sunyung you can open your eyes now,” Amber said.

“We’re at the jungle gym!” she yelled excited.

“And look who is here to play with you,” I said pointing to Yooguen.

“Shinee appa?” she asked unsure.

“That’s right. You remember Minho appa from the day we went to the company. But this is Yooguen, you guys have never met before. Minho appa took care of him just like we take care of you. Yooguen is going to play with you today, why don’t you introduce yourself,” Amber said looking at her.

“Hello my name is Sunyung,” she said happily waving to the little boy.

“I’m Yooguen. I’m six,” he replied.

“I’m four,” she said holding up her hand showing four digits.

“Wanna go play on the slide?” he asked her.

“Yeah! Can I appa?” she asked looking at me.

“Of course, that’s why were here. Go have fun,” Amber said putting her down.

 

I watched with a look of affection as she ran over to the slide with Yooguen.

 

“How have you been Minho? I’m so glad that you could come today,” Amber said hugging him briefly.

“I’m great. We just got back from Japan, and we have a week off. And nothing could make me happier than spending day with you guys and Yooguen,” he said smiling. “Oh, Amber what happened?” he asked n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter