Gift of Language

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

The next day

“Hmm...” I mumbled beginning to stir from my sleep at the feeling of someone touching my head.

 

I opened my eyes to find Krystal laying beside me, and sunlight filling the room from the sunrise. 

 

“Hey good looking,” she said softly letting her hand skim down the side of my face.

“What? Krys...I didn’t....you’re here...I’m so sorry...” I mumbled trying to waking up.

“Shh. Everyone else is still asleep. I managed to sneak in. My mom dropped me off. It’s still early,” she explained.

“How are you?” I asked concerned.

“I’m sorry for what happened last night. I was just overcome. I didn’t know how to handle it and I didn’t want to make you feel sad too. I’m not exactly sure how I feel at the moment. I did receive that wonderful text right before I went to sleep though. Thank you for that,” she said giving me a weak smilie. 

“You’re welcome. I sent it right after Sunyung went home for the night. Because that’s how I feel. This is going to be hard, but you are the most important thing in the world to me. And we are going to have to relay on each other to get through this.”

 

She was on the brink of crying again so I pulled her into me and placed a kiss on her head.

 

“No more crying. You can’t be sad when Sunyung gets here can you?” I asked holding her face.

“Do you think she is going to be sad to leave us too?” she asked me, playing with the collar of my t-shirt.

“Of course she is. I don’t even know if she is really going to understand that we won’t be seeing her everyday. I’m torn between wanting her to not be sad, but also not wanting her to forget us,” I responded.

“Oh I hadn’t even thought of her not remembering us,” Krystal said in a scared voice.

“Baby no. I didn’t mean that. Calm down. It’s ok, it’s ok,” I said rubbing her arm.

“She can’t forget us,” Krystal said hugging me tight.

“She won’t.”

 

Three hours later

 

“I have an idea,” I said to Krystal as we were watching Sunyung play on the floor with her toys.

“What?” she asked.

“Why don’t we teach her some English. That would be something she would always remember,” I suggested. 

“That’s a great idea,” she said excited. 

“Ok let’s try it,” I said sitting down on the floor with her next to Sunyung. 

“Are you having fun Sunyung?” I asked picking up one of her toys.

“Yes appa,” she said stopping to smilie at me.

“Sunyung, Soojung umma and I wanted to know if you have ever learned any English before?”

“English?” she questioned confused.

“Yes, it’s the language people speak in America.”

“Appa and I were born in America,” Krystal told her.

“But we’re not in America,” the little girl said trying to understand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter