Staying Positive

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

 

Two Weeks Later

 

“Ok you ready to get this thing off,” the doctor asked Amber.

“Definitely,” she said placing her cast on the doctor’s table.

“Good. It won’t take long to cut it off,” he said.

 

A few minutes later it was off. It was still in one piece but there was a line cut down the length of it. The doctor set it aside, then took another x-ray of her arm.

 

“Alright Amber, I’m going to go take a look at the x-rays do you want me to dispose of this?” the doctor asked holding the cast.

“Actually could you just leave it here?” she asked.

“Sure. I’ll be back in about fifteen minutes with the results of your x-rays,” he said leaving the room.

“Do you want to keep it?” I asked walking over to her. “I thought you would be glad to be rid of it.”

“With tomorrow being our last day on the show it’s hard not to be sentimental about it,” she said tracing the drawings that Sunyung had made on the cast.

 

I didn’t know what to say to her. We had both been avoiding the subject of tomorrow. Sunyung’s fifth birthday was a week away so we had planned a party to celebrate it and our time on the show for our last day. We had put all of our energy into planning and making it the best party for her instead of being sad. Because I was at a loss for words I just put my arms around her and rested my head on her shoulder from behind. I felt her take a deep breath, and bring her hand up to rest on top of mine. She tried to stay calm but I could feel the tension in her body.

 

“Don’t do this to yourself,” I pleaded with her. “It’s just going to make it hurt more.”

“But I don’t want to forget anything that happened.”

“You won’t. Having this will not make you remember. You will always have these memories in your heart,” I explained.

“She drew this for us,” she said dejected.

“I’ve already saved some of the other drawings she did. It’s ok if you don’t keep it. That doesn’t mean that you don’t care or appreciate that she drew it. We also have pictures and I’m sure that we are going to be taking a lot tomorrow. 

“I guess I can leave it here,” she sighed running her hand over it.

“Ok Amber it all looks great,” the doctor said coming back as I put some room between us.

“It’s completely healed?” I asked.

“Yep, it’s as good as new. Even stronger actually. You are free to continue with your normal routine. Just try to be careful in general.”

“I will. Thank you for your help,” she said shaking his hand.

 

Back at the House

 

“Appa!” Sunyung said jumping on her as soon as we entered the house. “You’re superhero arm is gone,” she said touching her arm as Amber held her.

“Yes it is. It was only temporary. I’m all healed now. But I’m still a superhero. I think we should be superheroes together. What do you think?” she asked her.

“Sure but how?” the girl asked shrugging.

“Like this,” Am said before moving to hold her so she was laying flat on her stomach supported by her arms. “Any good superhero knows how to fly,” she said starting to spin her around to make her feel like she was flying.

“I’m flying,” Sunyung squealed. 

“Hold your arms out like superman,” I suggested.

“Faster Appa,” she yelled holding her arms up.

“Faster than a speeding bullet. It’s Sunyung,” Amber said in a loud voice beginning to move around while spinning her. 

 

I moved into the kitchen leaving them to continue playing. The rest of the girls were preparing the food and decorations for tomorrow’s party. 

 

“Hey Krys. How was the doctor’s visit?” Luna asked me as I started to help her with the goodie bags for the guest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter