Parental Advice

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“I shouldn’t have told her. I ruined the lovely meal you put together,” I said shaking my head in frustration.

“You didn’t ruin anything. I’m sorry that I brought it up. I had no idea that she was going to react like that. I mean we could see how much both of you care about her, but I had no idea she was going to take it this hard,” Mrs. Jung said sadly.

“Truthfully we have enjoyed looking after her so much that we probably thought this day would never come. The whole experience has just been so intense. We’ve developed a bond with her. That wasn’t for the cameras, we really care about her,” I said getting emotional. 

“Oh honey it’s going to be alright. You are just going to have to give yourself time to adjust,” she said touching my hand from across the table.

“She’s going to take it hard. We both are,” I choked out.

“I’ll go talk to her. Do you think that would help?” she asked me.

“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea sweetheart,” Mr. Jung said. “I’ll stay here with Amber,” he continued moving his chair closer to mine, and putting a hand on my back.

“Ok, I’ll try not to be too long,” she said standing up and walking towards the stairs.

“Amber you can talk to me if you want. But if you’re not comfortable talking to me, then you don’t have to,” he said rubbing my back.

“I can’t tell you how sorry I am for all of this,” I said finally looking at him.

“Stop apologizing. You have done nothing wrong. I just want to help you with this. Now that we know how much you mean to Soojung I want to be a part of your life. I know that it must be so hard for you to live so far away from your family, while Soojung still lives with us. If you’ll let me, I’d like to be a father figure to you,” he said in a calm tone.

“Mr. Jung that would mean more to me than you know,” I told him.

“So do you wanna tell me why you are so upset about this? Did you just get too attached?” he asked.

“I just...she is the most incredible little girl. It’s impossible not to fall in love with her. I’ve never had to take care of and watch over someone like that before. I only have an older sister. I can tell that she loves me back as well. I know that I shouldn’t have become this attached, but it was so natural. It felt so good to have someone to depend on me, and look up to me. I know that may be hard to understand,” I said looking at him.

“I completely understand. Don’t forget I have two children of my own. The day they both were born were some of the happiest moments of my life. Being a parent changes your whole outlook on life. You are not the center of the world anymore, they are. It’s both exciting and scary. And most of all rewarding. You really like being an appa, don’t you?”

 

I nodded in response to his question. Then looked down shamefully. 

 

“It’s ok. Thats’ ok. I think this experience has taught you so much but it was a lot for you to handle emotionally at your age. I know you said that it helped push you to tell us about your relationship, which I’m glad about. But you are still just a kid. You don’t have to take on that responsibility yet,” he said.

 

I nodded again to show him that I was understanding what he was saying.

 

“But you want to have it, don’t you?” he asked sensing how I felt.

“I mean I know I’m too young. But after looking after Sunyung I can’t deny that I want to have kids. I didn’t know before if I would ever want to, but I know for sure now.”

“That’s a really big decision. It’s a lot to think about. It’s also obviously one that don’t make alone. I think the best thing for the both of you would just to try and take what you’ve learned and save it for the future. You don’t have to rush. Just take things day to day. Enjoy what you have going on in your life right now. And when the time is right you will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter