Playing Outside

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

The Next Morning

 

Last night couldn’t have been more of a success. We ended up winning Best Female group. It felt like all our hard work had finally paid off. Not that Krystal would ever say it out loud, but to go head to head with her sister and win made her very happy. Jess was very congratulatory. SNSD has won the award several times before. She also mentioned that we looked great together. Walking on the red carpet it took a lot of restraint not to put my hand on her waist, or keep staring at her. The whole night we were walking on cloud nine. We got to see so many of our friends and catch up with them. Krystal was a little angry at me my spending so much time talking with the Miss A girls instead of staying at our table with her. But Min saved me by dragging me back to   f(x)’s table. That’s why Min is one of my best friends. But this day was going to be just us and Sunyung. Today we were going to have a wonderful outing as a whole group. 

 

 

 

“Here we are. We can spend all day here if you want,” I said helping her out of the car. 

“Cool. Will you play with me appa?”

“I’m at your service. I brought the basketball. I thought I could teach you how to play,” I said picking up the ball.

“The ball is too big for me,” she said taking it from me.

“That’s why I brought this,” I said opening the back of the van.

I took out a plastic child’s basketball hoop and a smaller basketball that went with it.

“I got this for you. Do you like it?” I asked.

“Wow. This is for me?” she asked astonished.

“Yep, you wanna try it out?”

“Yeah!”

“Let’s trade,” I said taking the big basketball from her and giving her the smaller one.

“Am the girls went to go sit at the picnic table. What are you guys up to?” Krystal asked walking up to us.

“Umma, appa is going to teach me how to play basketball.”

“Is she? That sounds like fun,” she said.

“Do you know how to play?” Sunyung asked Krystal.

“Sort of. I’m not very good though. Your appa has tried to teach me before, and it didn’t go very well. It wasn’t because appa wasn’t a good teacher. She was very patient with me,” Krystal said.

“You can learn with me,” Sunyung suggested.

“You’re right. Maybe the second time around I’ll be more successful,” she said taking the ball out of my hands.

“Ok. Sunyung I’m going to put your hoop in the middle of the big basketball court over here, so that I can teach umma on the adult hoop,” I explained.

All three of us walked to the center of the basketball court and I setup her hoop.

“Alright. Sunyung why don’t you try shooting the ball first.”

She bounded up to the hoop and placed the ball in the hoop.

“That’s a start. Why don’t you try shooting from back here,” I laughed placing her a few feet away from the goal.

She held the ball up and tried to throw it like a baseball. It fell short of the hoop, before rolling away. Krystal placed her basketball down and went to get the smaller one.

“That was better Sunyung. But I’m going to teach you how to shoot it correctly,” I told her taking the ball from Krystal.

“What did I do wrong, appa?” she asked.

“You were trying to throw it like a baseball. When you play basketball you have to use both of your hands to shoot. You want to hold the ball like this and then push it up and towards the hoop. Try it,” I said handing her the ball.

She shot it again using both hands and it went over the goal. I jogged over to pick up the ball and bring it back to her.

“You don’t have to push it that hard. Just guide it in. Keep trying while I try it with umma,” I said as I handed her the ball once again.

“Come over here Krys,” I said picking up the big ball and taking her hand.

I walked her over to the free throw line of the full size hoop.

“So you really want to give this another try?” I asked in disbelief handing her the ball, and moving to stand behind her.

“I don’t think I will ever be good at this, no matter how hard I try. But it’s hard to say no to her,” she said.

“I know how you feel. This can still be fun if you give it a chance,” I whispered putting my hands on her waist.

“It definitely has its perks,” she agreed leaning into me.

“Just relax, and guide the ball in, like I showed Sunyung.”

Krystal took a deep breath and then held the ball up. I took a step back and she took the shot. It hit the rim and bounced back towards us. She picked it back up and turned to me.

“I was close.”

“That was really good. You’ve almost got it. You just need to bend your arms more,” I said turning her back, and moving her arms into position.

She took another shot and it bounced off the backboard and fell into the hoop.

“Oh my god! I actually did it!” she yelled jumping into my arms.

“I knew you could do it.”

“No you didn’t,” she said hitting me playfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter