Chapter 22

The Arrogant King and his Silent Queen

Taeyeon POV

Were here, sunny beaches and palm trees, it's been too long California!! We finally arrived at our hotel and I got off excitedly, I just can't wait to show the girls around, well can't wait for Fany, Sica and I to show the girls around and I get to introduce my girls to my oppas here in the US. I was spinning around happily when I caught sight of a certain someone. I stopped immediately and looked at the person who was now making his way towards me.

"Kris?"

Third POV

Kris immediately went to Taeyeon and grabbed the bag she was holding before walking past her and towards the counter in the Hotel to check the girls in. Taeyeon was in shock at having seen Kris here in California when she thought he was with the others in Korea.

"Taeng, come on, why are you just standing there?" Jessica asked as she went back for the confused girl.

"Sica, correct me if I'm wrong but did Kris just walk up to me and take my bag or am I hallucinating?" Taeyeon asked with a cute worried look on her face causing Jessica to giggle.

"Aigoo, Taengoo~ I was the one who told him about our trip, cause we all know how crazy he can get when it comes to you. So come on and move your , we've got to check ourselves in." Jessica teased as she then slapped Taeyeon on the before going into the hotel.

"Aish, and they call me the byuntae. Plus didn't we agree that I would have some more time to be angry at him?" Taeyeon sulked as she followed Jessica into the hotel. 

Once she entered they had already checked in and were now getting their luggage put into their rooms. "Now that that's sorted what are we going to do now?" Tiffany asked as she looked at the girls for suggestions.

"We can go visit my...." Taeyeon was about to say when she got cut off by Kris who suggested "Why don't we go to one of my beach houses and have some fun there?" The girls all shouted in agreement while Taeyeon just pouted cutely on the side, that didn't go unnoticed by Kris who wanted to run up and kiss here right there and then, letting her have her way on where to go. But he was upset at the fact that Taeyeon decided to go to America without telling anyone, especially him that she's going. Furthermore he had to hear from her friends, he felt like he was being treated like a stranger and worst of all it seemed like his existence meant little to Taeyeon as the thought never crossed her mind that maybe he should be informed about her departure. He literally went into a panic as Jessica told them that they were going to California and she didn't know when they would be back. Taeyeon had lived there for a year before and what if she wanted to stay there for good after visiting? He also heard from Siwon that she was very close to all of his 'male' friends back in the US which worried Kris even more. 

All of his emotions is nearing its peak but he doesn't want to have another outburst like last time so he's holding it in and choosing to ignore Taeyeon and avoid her, but what's even more frustrating is that she doesn't seem to be bothered at all. She had quickly gotten over the fact that her plans had changed and was now having fun with the girls. "Aish, I just don't know what to do with you Taeyeon. What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He whispered to himself as he then went to stand near Taeyeon, staring down any guy that looked her way.

On the other hand, Taeyeon was doing the same thing as she glared at the girls who were staring at Kris and occasionally linking arms with him if the girl was persistent. Kris didn't mind, although he was upset, his first priority was protecting what was his, so he didn't question Taeyeons sudden skinship at all. However, their actions didn't go unnoticed by SNSD as they giggled together, watching the cute couple claiming each other as their own in public, a huge contrast from their often vague relationship back home.

"Aigoo, why don't they just make it official already?" Jessica whispered as the girls were now huddled together.

"I'm so jealous~ I want a boyfriend too~" Sunny whined, using her aegyo causing the girls to scowl at her display of cuteness.

"Make what official?", "You want a boyfriend Sunny ah." Kris and Taeyeon said as they surprised the girls by suddenly joining in on their conversation but luckily not getting the full gist of it.

"Uh, we just wanted to officially put it out there that were single and ready to mingle." Sunny covered up with an awkward laugh, causing some of the girls to facepalm themselves while Kristae chuckled at Sunnys weirdness.

"Arrasseo, why don't I introduce you girls to my oppas, I'm sure you'll find a boyfriend in one of them. In fact, just leave it to me girls, I know exactly who is perfect for who so why don't we go to their dorm right now? I'll just call them to let them know." Taeyeon suggested catching the interests of the girls but causing Kris to frown at the mention of Taeyeons never ending supply of Oppas.

"Oppa~ It's Taengoo!!" Taeyeon shouted into the phone using her aegyo, making the girls giggle at her cuteness while Kris sulked on the side not liking the fact she is showing her aegyo to another man.

"Yah! Taengoo! Do you know how worried we were when you left all of a sudden?!" A man shouted from the other side of the phone.

Taeyeon lost her aegyo as she shouted back in annoyance"Yah! Oppa since when did you yell at me! I'm here in California right now and I've brought my beautiful friends with me to set you guys up with but I guess you don't want to meet with us?" Taeyeon winked at the girls who were silently protesting at not meeting her oppas.

"Jinja yeppeo? Yah, if you say their beautiful then who am I to complain. Come on Taeng, do your Oppa a favour arraseo? You know I love you right?" The man replied in a begging tone causing Taeyeon to smirk triumphantly and giving the girls a thumbs up as they then had a little celebratory dance in the background. Kris however was internally contemplating his feelings and thoughts, hoping and praying Taeyeon wouldn't reply to his 'I love you', she hasn't even told him that she loved him so the possibility of her saying it to some guy he doesn't know of was really bothering him.

"Arraseo Oppa, we will be there soon so you guys better tidy up in there and freshen yourselves up. I know you guys have probably gone back to your old dirty ways since I moved out from the dorm."

"Yah, Taengoo! What you don't love your Oppa now that you live in Korea? C'mon Taeng, you know you love me~" 

 "Arraseo nado saranghae Oppa, I'll see you soo..."

"Yeah and she'll be introducing me so see you later." Kris interrupted before hanging up on her Oppa. 

'Moved out? So she used to live with them? Saranghae? Yah, Kim Taeyeon didn't you say it was difficult for you to say I love you to me, so what's with you saying that to some other guy?' These thoughts and questions were running through Kris's head as his anger was boiling.

"Arrasseo, I'll introduce you to my oppas Kris." Taeyeon giggled, completely missing the anger behind Kris's outburst as she linked arms with him. 

Feeling frustrated with Taeyeons obliviousness Kris pulled his arm out of hers and scoffed as he said to her in an irritated tone "Aish, just go do whatever you want and leave me alone." Before making his way to leave until he heard a sniff coming from behind him. 'Oh crap, don't tell me I made her cry.' Kris thought as he turned around to check on her and there she was, crying with the girls trying to comfort her and glaring at Kris, telling him to fix this.

But before he could even say anything Taeyeon broke free from the comfort of the girls and ran in the other direction of Kris only to bump into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry little miss." The guy said as he helped her up but once he saw her face under her floppy hat he was surprised and then worried when he saw her tears. "Taeyeon?! What...what... What's going on?" He stuttered at the sudden encounter, flustered by her tears.

Taeyeon sobbed one more time before looking up to see one of her favourite oppas, Donghae, looking at her worriedly. She immediately wiped her tears and tried to pull herself together as she said in a strained cheery voice "I'm okay Oppa, I just got something in my eyes." With a forced smile.

"Taeyeon!" Kris shouted as he made his way over to the two, not liking their closeness or their secret conversation, with SNSD following behind him, Jessica blushing as she saw the handsome man in front of her.

At the sound of his voice Taeyeon looked behind her towards Kris and immediately got out of Donghaes hold and stood to the side of him, not wanting to get too close to Kris and avoiding eye contact with him by keeping her head down. This didn't go unnoticed by Donghae who looked back and forth between the two before stepping in front of Taeyeon protectively asking "Who are you to Taeyeon and why are you scaring her?"

Kris scoffed at his question but he was at a loss for an answer, just what was he to Taeyeon? This question has been haunting him since the arrival of Jonghyun and her mother. Seeing the confused look on Kris's face and his inner turmoil, the girls decided to intervene as Jessica gently asked "Taeng, just what is Kris to you?" Catching both Taeyeons and Donghaes attention as Taeyeon looked up from the ground to see Kris's facial expression and Donghae being captivated by the ice princess's beauty.

Seeing the look on his face, it finally dawned on Taeyeon just what was bothering Kris, for him to lose his patience with her from before. So she stepped out from behind Donghae and made her way towards Kris and brought his face down to hers and kissed him passionately, taking his breath away as he was shocked by the suddenness, then she pulled away and giggled before wrapping her arms around his waist and shouting "Wu Yi Fan, otherwise known as Kris is mine and no one can have him!" Shocking the people around them and Donghae before some people decided to clap as they were impressed by her courage to express her feelings.

Taeyeon then looked Kris in the eyes as she held his face close to hers saying "The same goes for myself. I am yours Kris, forever yours even if you don't want me anymore, I'll still belong to you and only you." 

Taeyeon then moved away from Kris and whispered something to Seohyun and Tiffany before standing together with the two, with Seohyun borrowing a guitar from a street performer and tuning it. "This song was supposed to be for when we made up but I think it's needed right here and now so you can understand just how important you are to me. I dedicate this performance to you, a song written by our precious maknae 'Only U'"

Your soft voice rings in my ears
Whether my eyes are open or closed, I keep looking for you
My eyes meet yours as I’m in your warm embrace
Baby give me once more kiss, just one more kiss, whisper to me

I smile at your smile
You make me forget all fear, you make me breath

You are everything I’ve been looking for, will you protect me?
The moment I was with you and your love
Even if pain from the faded past comes
I will always tell you my heart that only beats toward you

You You You Only for You You You

Even when you’re next to me, I miss you
My heart loves you more than I do, can you tell?
I want to spend more time with you
Baby give me one more day Just one more day, don’t let go of me
My eyes draw you out, my lips only call out to you, I only wait for you

(Tell me now) so I can feel you as a sweet scent
(Hold me now) I want to engrave you in my heart
(Show me now) even if this moment isn’t forever, my love is for you
You are everything I’ve been looking for, stay by my side
Even if pain from the faded past comes, be with me forever

You are everything I’ve been looking for, will you protect me?
The moment I was with you and your love
Even if sadness of the faded memories spreads
My beating heart that only has you will be forever
You You You Only for You You You
My love is for you

The crowd that gathered applauded the girls lovely impromptu performance with SNSD hollering at the three girls. Jessica was now standing next to Donghae who had his arm around her, now staring into each other's eyes as they felt a connection, with the song setting a romantic mood for the two.

Kris was in awe of the whole situation, Taeyeon just kissed him, claimed ownership of him as well as giving herself to him and sang a song that professed her feelings towards him. "Is this a dream?" He said out loud much to the crowds amusement and dismay from SNSD.

 Sooyoung smacking him on the back saying "Does this feel like a dream to you? Hurry up and get your girl man." Causing the crowd to erupt in laughter but giving Kris the necessary wake up call to realise that this is reality and that he needs to act now.

Taeyeon was busy with Seohyun and Tiffany, thanking the musician who let them borrow his guitar when Kris went behind her and scooped her up in his arms and kissed her lovingly, putting all of his feelings into the kiss but being careful not to overdo it. But the moment was interrupted when Taeyeon saw someone behind Kris and pulled out of the kiss and Kris's embrace much to Kris's disappointment.

"Oppa!" "Hyung!" Taeyeon and Donghae shouted as they both ran to the man they noticed in the crowd, smiling gently at them with his angelic dimples. This left Kris and Jessica with a scowl on their faces as Jessica was irritated at being abandoned for a guy and Kris was frustrated with Taeyeons actions right after her public confession to him as she was now hugging some random guy she saw on the street.

Once the Taeyeon and Donghae had finished catching up with the mystery man they went back to Kris and SNSD to introduce him. "Hey girls, this is my Oppa Leeteuk. He is the leader of the group I stayed with when I lived in America along with Heechul who you have already met. Oh and this is Donghae Oppa, also one of the guys I used to stay with." SNSD smiled at the two men while Jessica glared at Donghae which didn't get unnoticed as Donghae realised his mistake and immediately tried to win back her favour but as the infamous ice princess, Jessica wasn't easy and she just continued to ignore him much to the amusement of her fellow members and Leeteuk who laughed with Taeyeon at Donghaes pathetic attempts of gaining Jessica's attention while Kris was sulking as he continued to stare at Taeyeon wanting her attention back on him.

Taeyeon finally noticed his stares and said "Ah, right. Oppa I would like you to meet my boyfriend Kris." While linking arms with Kris making him feel better now that she had introduced him but Leeteuks reaction annoyed him as Leeteuk proceeded to laugh even harder at what she said.

"Taeng, do you even know what a boyfriend is?" Leeteuk asked as he wiped away a stray tear that fell from laughing so hard. This reminded Kris of his first meeting with Taemin and the devastation of it all, to which he looked at Taeyeon with hope filled eyes, praying that she now understood what a boyfriend is.

Taeyeon was annoyed at Leeteuks question and pouted like a little kid saying "I do know what a boyfriend is." To which Leeteuk taunted "Oh yeah, why don't you tell me?"

"Hmph, fine. A boyfriend is someone you are in a relationship with who shares the same feelings as yours." Taeyeon replied confidently with a proud look on her face which made he look like a kid who had just won a medal.

Kris was relieved that she understood but Leeteuk continued to question Taeyeon talking to her like she's a little kid saying "Yes, that's right Taeyeon and what kind of feelings are you talking about?"

"Love!" Taeyeon shouted as she continued to have a proud look on her face much to the enjoyment of SNSD and Donghae who watched the adorable Taeyeon answer  Leeteuks questions while Kris was looking confused as to where Leeteuk was going with his questions.

"And what does it mean to love someone?" Leeteuk asked, this time in a serious tone as he watched Taeyeons expression fall as she let go of Kris's arm as a sense of realisation hit her.

"To give your whole heart to them." Taeyeon replied solemnly, alarming her fellow members and Kris while Donghae and Leeteuk looked at Taeyeon sadly.

"Taeyeon have you given your whole heart to Kris?" Leeteuk asked, not to agitate their relationship but to save the two from jumping into their relationship too fast.

Taeyeon then faced Kris with teary eyes saying with a shaky voice "No." Kris looked into her tear filled eyes and saw the underlying pain behind him and how much it hurt for her to say that to him. Although he didn't fully understand what was happening but he knew that there is a place for him in her heart and he chose to believe in her instead of doubting her as he pulled her into a hug, trying to make her feel safe and secure as she had started to apologise to him profusely with her tears now falling down her face.

"It's okay, you know I'm willing to wait for you for eternity. Nothing will ever change that because I love you and to know that I have a place in your heart is enough for me so please stop crying Taeyeon. You've done nothing wrong." Kris said sincerely with a gentle and soothing tone as he comforted the crying Taeyeon who was now calming down.

Leeteuk and Donghae looked at each other and gave a knowing smile before patting Kris on the back saying in unison "Youve passed!" Surprising everyone around them except Taeyeon who lifted her head up from Kris's embrace and whined before she hit Leeteuk and Donghae while the rest of them were still confused.

"Ow, ow, ow, Taeyeon! Stop hitting us already! You know very well why we had to do that." Leeteuk shouted in pain, as he was getting hit more by Taeyeon since he was the one who asked the question, causing Taeyeon to stop hitting them as she just pouted cutely while glaring at the two of them.

Once she calmed down she thanked Leeteuk and Donghae saying "Thanks oppas for the wake up call. I should've known better than to profess my love with my heart still incomplete."

Then she turned to Kris and caressed his cheek with a loving look on her face saying tenderly "I hope you understand my feelings for you Kris. However complicated my feelings are, just know that you are a special existence in my heart and always will be."

Kris then held her hand and moved into her touch saying "I know, and I'm willing to wait for your love, no matter what happens or how long it takes I will be there right beside you so please don't lock me out. Just stay by my side and know I will always be yours." SNSD were tearing up at their heartfelt confessions while Donghae was feeling nervous as he knew he had to top this little display by Kris and Taeyeon if he wanted to win Jessica's heart while Leeteuk was smiling at the two, happy to know that Taeyeon has finally found someone she can love.

Kris and Taeyeon were now close than ever, holding hands as they walked together, leading the way to Super Juniors dorms with SNSD trailing behind, excited to meet her oppas with Donghae following behind Jessica who is still refusing to talk to him and Leeteuk at the back glaring at any guys trying to walk up to the beautiful girls protecting them from the back.

They finally arrived at the dorms, ringing the bell as Leeteuk and Donghae didn't have their house keys with them and the door was locked much to their surprise. After ringing the bell a couple of times and hearing a couple of crashes from inside the house the door finally opened to reveal Taemin.

"You!" Taeyeon shouted as she saw the traitor standing in front of her, now fuming mad, letting go of Kris's hand and charging at the man in front of her grabbing him by the collar saying in a menacing voice "You have a lot of explaining to do mister." Causing Taemin to gulp deeply.

"I....I can explain."