Chapter 16

The Arrogant King and his Silent Queen

Kris POV

This girl seriously wants to kill me!! I don't know what happened but Taeyeon has been acting strange today. All day she's been sticking to me and never letting me out of her sight. Not only that she has been overly cute and the skinship she's been giving me, oh don't even get me started on the skinship. Kim Taeyeon you are going to give me a heart attack!!

"Kris Oppa~" That beautiful angelic voice calls out as the equally angelic looking girl comes running towards me. Speak of the devil.

She ran and hugged me before looking up at  me with those adorable hazel eyes making my heart face for the nth time today as she unknowingly sets me up for another near heart attack. 

I pushed her off me before she could attack me with her cuteness again saying "Taeyeon I think it would be best if you didn't do that to me anymore." It would be better for me so I won't have constant heart attacks throughout the day. I love hugging her and holding her but I'm just not used to it yet and I am confused as hell as to why she would be acting this way.

"Um okay then Oppa. If that's what you want." I heard Taeyeon say faintly I saw her face from the corner of my eye and I could see that she was hurt. Oh no what have I done. I turned to face her and tell her the truth but she had already left.

What did I just do?!

Third POV

From then on Taeyeon started to avoid Kris as she didn't want to be a nuisance to him. She thought that maybe her presence was an annoyance to him and so tried to keep a distance from him much to her Oppas happiness who now surrounded Taeyeon wherever she went.

Kris on the other hand was desperately trying to get Taeyeons attention but to no avail. To make matters worse he started to get extremely jealous as Taeyeon laughed and played with Heechul and Siwon during school while she completely ignored his existence which was hugely different from how she treated him before. It's like they were back to square one again.

One day as the bell rang for class Taeyeon was laughing with Heechul before he pulled her into a long tight embrace and caressing her face lovingly then headed off to class. That made Kris snap as he rose from his seat and went and dragged Taeyeon out of the classroom and into Exos private room locking the door before pinning Taeyeon up against it.

"Why have you been ignoring me lately? I know I said that it would be best if you didn't do skinship anymore but does that really give you an excuse to ignore my entire existence? And what's up with you and your Oppas huh? Your off playing and laughing happily with your Oppas while I'm here wondering how to get you to stop ignoring me. Do you know how that makes me feel huh?!" Kris growls out angrily letting out all his bottled up rage for the past few days.

Taeyeon was scared of this side of Kris that she had never seen before. In fact no one had ever treated her like this which caused her to freeze in shock. She was wondering why Kris felt so angry? Wasn't this what he wanted?

"Answer me." Kris said so coldly that it made Taeyeon shiver. She looked him in the eyes trying to decipher what could've made him have such anger and rage inside of him.

"I thought this was what you want." Taeyeon said calmly with a poker face not wanting to show her fear. She was truly scared of Kris right now, not knowing what to do in this situation.

"What I want?" Kris scoffed at her answer. "What makes you think you know what I want?"

Taeyeons defense was now crumbling under Kris's glare. She started to tear up but held it in not wanting to let him see her cry. "Well since I don't know you that well then I guess that our friendship won't last. Seeing as I know nothing about you then why don't we become strangers to each other?"

"Why do you twist my words like that?" Kris said angrily as he stepped back from Taeyeon with one hand on his forehead from the frustration she is giving him not noticing the tears that are threatening to fall from her eyes.

"What else can I imply other than that? You said it would be best for me not to do skinship with you but that's what I do to everyone I care about and it's not like I can stop. So I avoided you so I won't bother you or make you feel uncomfortable. You just said what makes me think that I know what you want? Well I thought we were getting closer but I guess I was wrong so if I'm such a nuisance in your life then why don't we be strangers so I don't bother you anymore. I am not twisting your words Kris but I happen to know a lot when it comes to seperation and let me tell you this. What's happening now between us is just the start of a long road which leads just to that, seperation so I thought it would be easier to just get it over and done with before I get hurt again." Taeyeon explained tearfully as her tears finally fell down her milky white cheeks.

Kris finally noticed the tears and immediately rushed towards her pulling her into his embrace and wiping away her tears saying gently "Oh Taeyeon, you couldn't be so further from the truth. Can you feel and hear my heartbeat as I'm holding you? This is the reason why I didn't want so much skinship with you. My heart beats so fast and loudly that it makes it hard for me to even breathe, and when I said that you don't know what I want. It was only because I was frustrated that you didn't get what I meant or how I felt but I guess that was my own fault as I didn't explain it properly to you so I'm sorry Taeyeon. I really am." Kris said sincerely while her hair.

When he got no response he lifted Taeyeons head to face him only to realise that the girl was sleeping!! "Aish, once again she misses out on my confession." Kris said while shaking his head before laying Taeyeon down on one of the beds they have there.

He kissed her on the forehead whispering "Sweet Dreams." But as he tried to get up Taeyeon grabbed him and pulled him onto the bed hugging him tightly while mumbling "Hmm I miss you Kris, let's stop fighting arraso." She then kissed Kris accidentally on the lips causing Kris to over heat with his heart thumping loudly in his chest before blacking out once again.

As Kristae were sleeping happily in their own dreamworlds what they didn't know was that a group of people were watching them. Unfortunately Kris had forgotten that the Exo room has security cameras in which all the Exo members have access too and Kristaes little fight had been recorded and watched by SNSD and Exo K.

"Omg!! That was so intense, too bad Taeyeon Unnie fell asleep or else maybe the two of them would be a couple already." Hyoyeon exclaimed while clapping her hands excitedly.

"Aish our pabo hyung showed his scary side to the girl he loves." Sehun said as he shook his head.

"Well if he shows that side again to our Taeng then just see what we do to him. He's lucky we heard what he said after he made Taeyeon cry or else he would be dead." Jessica said coldly as she glared at the tv screen.

"Don't worry Noona, your not the only one who would have him dead if he made Taeyeon cry again." Baekhyun agreed with Jessica.

"Okay enough with all this death talk and let's get started on Operation: Kristae." Suho said as he got all of them in a circle to discuss what's going to happen.

Taeyeon POV

I woke up to see Kris right in front of me lying in bed. I must've fell asleep due to all that crying and I feel like I missed out on something important. 

But why is Kris lying here with me? Does that mean he wants to be with me again? I feel butterflies in my stomach thinking of me and Kris together again. It hasn't been that long since I started avoiding him and all but I have to admit that I missed him a lot. It just didn't feel right not having him with me.

I tried to figure out if I loved him or not by constantly being around him but it was when we were apart that I finally began to understand my feelings. I guess I did fall in love with this arrogant giant after all but it seems that he doesn't feel the same way.

Third POV

Taeyeon started to caress Kris's face smiling beautifully at his cute sleeping face. Kris awoke slowly as he felt small soft hands touching his face waking up to a gorgeous looking Taeyeon smiling brightly at him. 

Kris thought he was still dreaming and decided to take advantage of this wonderful dream by pulling Taeyeon closer to him lying next to him as he engulfed her in his embrace whispering "Good Morning" as he cuddled her tightly.

"Kris, it's not morning. In fact by the looks of it, it's lunch time right now." Taeyeon said matter of factly hiding her joy at the fact that this time it was Kris who intimated the skin ship and not her.

But her happiness was short lived as Kris immediately shot up realising that what he had just done was not a dream but reality. His heart beat sped up at the thought of what he had just done with Taeyeon who was now sitting up on the bed disappointed and pouting at his reaction just then.

"Am I that bad that you don't even want to be near me?" Taeyeon said sadly as she was upset.

"No it's not that..." Kris tried to explain but Taeyeon cut him off saying with her poker face "It's fine, you don't need to explain. I'll be leaving now."  getting up to leave hoping that he would maybe stop her but he didn't. Instead he looked at her helplessly from behind not knowing what to do.

"Aigoo, Kris definitely needs some help if he's ever going to get Taeyeon because at the moment she thinks he can't stand her." Suho said as SNSD and Exo K were still monitoring Kristae.

"Arraso everyone knows what to do so just get into position and we'll start." Jessica ordered as they filed out. SNSD going to the upset Taeyeon and Exo K going to the distressed Kris.

SNSD POV

"Taeng~" Tiffany called out as they all rushed to the petite girl in front of them. The said girl turned around with a cute pout on her face opposed to what the girls were expecting.

"Aish that pabo Kris! I can't believe he hates me. I mean seriously this the first time ever that a guy actually hates me. Well not for long I'll make sure that by the end of the day Kris will know how awesome I am and he will be sure to love me!" Taeyeon ranted cutely while stomping her feet like a little kid.

SNSD were speechless at Taeyeons bold statement but just smiled and went to hug the adorable girl. "That's right Taeng. You show him what he's missing out on." Hyoyeon said encouragingly with the support of the rest of SNSD.

If only she knew that he already loves her but we'll leave it up to him to tell her. Plus where else can we get such great entertainment?

Exo POV

"Hyung whats up?" Kai asked as all of Exo K entered their room. Kris however didn't move at all as he was still in a daze about what just happened between him and Taeyeon.

"Aish! She thinks I hate her!" Kris shouted as he stressed out messing up his hair in the process. Exo K were holding in their laughter having known the whole situation between the two.

Suho managed to contain his laughter putting on his best worried face asking "Who thinks you hate her?"

"Kim Taeyeon. The girl you let come and stay at our house, the girl who turned my whole world upside down, the girl I fell in love with." Kris said mindlessly.

Aigoo why can't he express his feelings like that when he's with Taeyeon.

"Don't worry Hyung, all you have to do is man up and confess." DO said bluntly.

"Don't you know how hard it is to confess to such a goddess?! Just one look at her and my legs turn to jelly, one of her beautiful smiles and I have a heart attack and the skinship! You wouldn't believe what she does to me." Kris ranted with the rest of us feeling embarrassed with all the cheesy things he's saying.

Suddenly the door opened revealing a drop dead gorgeous girl in a beautiful purple dress. Well speak of the devil.

Third POV

"Kris Oppa~" Taeyeon said cutely with aegyo having changed into her favourite purple dress, running towards the absolutely shocked Kris who was frozen still with his disheveled hair.

Taeyeon ran and embraced Kris whispering in his ear "How do I look Oppa~" she was now looking him in the eyes with Kris burning up in her embrace.

Exo K felt sympathetic of Kris as they finally understood what he's going through. Who wouldn't completely melt after having that done to them?

But Kris made a wrong move by pulling himself out of her embrace shouting "You see what I have to deal with?!"

Taeyeon was absolutely offended at what he just said "What do you mean by that Kris?!" She shouted infuriated.

"No it's not like that." Kris tried to explain but his explanation fell on deaf ears as Taeyeon was too angry to even listen.

"Other guys would be glad for me to touch them and hug them but you have to 'deal' with it?! I'll show you not to look down on me!" Taeyeon shouted as her pride had taken quite a hit from Kris's constant rejection.

"Sehunnie come here pwease~" Taeyeon said with aegyo as Kris glared at the maknae warning him not to go if he wanted to live.

"Sorry hyung but how can I say no to that?" Sehun said as he walked towards the adorable Taeyeon who is giving him puppy eyes.

Once Sehun was by her side Taeyeon began to dote on one of her most favourite dongsaengs patting his head as he lay on the couch they were now sitting on with his head on her lap. 

"How do you feel Sehunnie?" Taeyeon cooed with her angelic voice. Sehun then snuggled right into Taeyeon with a look of bliss on his face.

"Jinja daebak Noona, hehe Saranghae~" Sehun said cutely while Taeyeon let out a gorgeous smile as she chuckled at her lovely dongsaeng.

"Hyung this is what you will have to see everyday if you don't act fast. Taeyeon isn't just any girl and already as you should know heaps of guys are chasing after her. So hurry up and confess before it's too late." Kai advised Kris.

Kris watched the maknae in jealousy as he felt his heart break with every touch Taeyeon gave him. Taeyeon looked up to check if Kris was watching and what she saw shocked her.

She saw his eyes tearing up and he looked broken. She gently stood up and made her way towards Kris bringing her hands up to  cup his face making him look her in the eyes. "Why? Why are you looking at me like that?" She said softly as she was now caressing his face gently.

Kris continued staring her in the eyes before bringing her hand to his lips as he kissed them softly with Taeyeon giggling at the tickling sensation. She smiled brightly at him causing him to move back a bit but Taeyeon held onto him.

"Don't move away from me, don't run away, can't you just stay here with me please. It hurts me when you leave." Taeyeon pleaded with teary eyes holding him tightly in her arms.

Kris was frozen again, his mind blank, not knowing what to do but he snapped out of it when s got his attention. The boys making killing signs accompanied by them acting out Taeyeon cryin saying 'Your dead if you don't stop her from crying'. Getting the signal he wrapped his arms around the petite girl in his arms.

Whispering lovingly in her ear "I won't leave you again but you have to understand something." Taeyeon pulled out from his embrace looking at him questioningly while cutely hiccuping from her crying.

"Understand my heart Taeyeon. Your going to give me a heart attack from your cuteness and with all the skinship." Kris stressed out watching her to see if she understood.

"But I'm not that cute and I do skin ship with you because it makes me feel warm and safe." Taeyeon said innocently as she sulked and pouted cutely.

"Taeyeon, your doing it right now. Here feel my heart right now." Kris said as he grabbed her hand and put it on his chest. His heart was beating faster at her cute actions and her expression of her feelings for him making him feel over the moon.

"Wah, Oppa are you okay? Your heart is beating really fast and heavily, I think you should see a doctor." Taeyeon said worriedly as she felt his fast heartbeat.

"Taeyeon, don't worry I don't need to see a doctor because I know why my heart is like this. It's because of you." Kris explained hoping that she would finally get it.

"Me? How can that be? I haven't done anything." Taeyeon said confusedly still not understanding him.

Exo K face palmed themselves with Kris sighing at this innocent pabo in front of him. He moved closer to her with their foreheads connected, eye to eye. It was now or never Kris thought as he took a deep breath.

"Your very existence makes my heart beat erratically, I lose control of my senses and being just getting lost in these beautiful eyes of yours. Whenever you are near me I lose sight of the rest of the world only seeing you and me, you captivate my attention with your overwhelming presence not only out her but in my heart as well. Without you with me I feel restless and incomplete, seeing you with others makes me want to hide you away from the world with you being mine and only mine forever. Do you understand now, the effect that you have on me?" Kris said passionately never leaving his gaze from Taeyeons as the stared at each other.

Taeyeon was so touched by his confession that she couldn't help but jump on him giving him a tight hug. She gave him a gorgeous smile before pecking him on the lips before asking "Do you love me?" The four letter word that she was expecting but was missing in his beautiful heartfelt confession.

Kris however passed out for the second time that day as he was overwhelmed again by Taeyeons kiss. Taeyeon poked him on the cheek as she always did when this happened giggling to herself before saying cutely with an apologetic look on her face "Oops I forgot he needs time before he's used to it."

"He does love you Noona." Chanyeol said as he went next to Taeyeon joining her in poking his hyungs face.

"I love him too but keep it a secret arraso? I'll wait until he is ready to tell me and I'll reply him then." Taeyeon said cheekily as she now stopped poking Kris's face and was now lovingly caressing his face.

"Wake up soon pabo Kris so I can finally hear you say you love me." Taeyeon whispered planting a kiss on Kris's forehead.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So close but just not yet, I'm sorry that they didn't confess in this chapter, I know you all want them to just tell each other already but I want to make a special chapter for their love confession so please bear with me. 

Im sorry if this chapter isn't how you would like it. 

Please don't be shy and comment what you didn't quite like in this chapter or maybe some improvements or ideas for the next chapter? It would be greatly appreciated :)

Hope you enjoy this update and continue reading!! :D