Chapter 20

The Arrogant King and his Silent Queen

Third POV

Kris was sleeping peacefully until he felt a soft hand on his face as the hand started caressing his cheeks with Kris slowly opening his sleepy eyelids to the angelic sight of the girl he has fallen in love with smiling her beautiful smile at him. However that sight soon changes as Taeyeon looks away from him and tears start to fall from her eyes as she sobs to herself saying "Am I strong enough to go through this again? I barely survived before..." She then started bawling her eyes out at the horrible memories in her past.

Kris immediately shot up in bed and pulled Taeyeon into his embrace as gently and securely as he could, treating her as though she were made of glass as he was sure she would break and shatter if not handled with care. The usual strong and playful Taeyeon he knows is no where to be seen as Taeyeon shows the other side of her, the insecure and fragile Taeyeon. 'Was this what she meant when she was asking if I would accept everything about her?' Kris thought as he continuously carressed Taeyeons hair while rocking her back and forth whispering in her ear "Shh, everything is going to be ok. I'm here for you."

Finally after a while, Taeyeons sobs had subsided as she started to regain her composure and felt relieved to let it all out. She then looked up at Kris with her tear filled eyes like a little puppy, making Kris's heart skip a beat at the cute sight as he tried to control his urge to kiss her right then and there since he didn't want to take advantage of her vulnerability as he had way too much respect for Taeyeon to ever treat her like that. 

"Oppa, what am I going to do? What should I do? How can I love peacefully if she's around?" Taeyeon pleaded as she looked at Kris with hope in her eyes that he could possibly help her out of this situation. Kris was overjoyed at the thought that the usually secretive, independent Taeyeon was now relying on him and not one of her 'Oppas'. But now wasn't the time for that, what can he do to protect Taeyeon in the best way possible? How can he help her?

Then an idea clicked in Kris's head as he clicked his finger saying "Why don't you stay at one of the girls houses until your mum leaves and that way you don't have to deal with her." Taeyeon smiled widely at his idea and giggled with glee before pulling Kris into a nice big hug.

"That's a great idea Kris! Thank you so much for your help. I'll go and call Tiffany now, I'm sure she will let me stay over." Taeyeon said excitedly before she rushed out of the room to retrieve her phone and call Tiffany.

Kris sighed with relief that Taeyeon could relax and live in peace, even with her mother here. The cause of her pain and childhood trauma. He only hoped that her stay would be a short one so that Taeyeon could go back to her happy and cheerful self and so he wouldn't be seperated from her for too long.

"Kris! Guess what? Tiffany agreed to let me stay at her house and it turns out that she's planning on inviting the other girls as we'll so we can have a sleepover! I'm so excited right now, this is my first sleepover ever. What should I bring? Should I bring food and drinks? A game to play? Kris what should I bring?" Taeyeon said as Kris watched Taeyeon go from excited to a flustered panic. 'Cute' he thought as he went up to the flustered Taeyeon and hugged her from the back.

"Don't worry so much, all you need to pack are the necessities that you would usually pack for travelling and such. Also, I think Tiffany would already have the food and activities prepared, otherwise she wouldn't have invited the other girls or allowed you to stay at her house you silly girl." Kris lovingly whispered in her ear as he chuckled at her cuteness and snuggled into her neck.

"Hehe, that tickles Kris." Taeyeon said as she got out of Kris's embrace, much to his disappointment, and started packing for her stay at Tiffanys. She then looked up at Kris only to see him sulking with a pout on his face as he watched her packing her suitcase happily. "Aigoo, Kris~ don't make that kind of face, it makes me feel guilty for leaving you here." Taeyeon whined as she walked up to Kris and pinched his cheeks so he would stop pouting.

Kris then grabbed her hands and stopped her from pinching his cheeks as he then pulled her in closely, and tightly into his embrace, looking into her eyes with an intense longing as he said seriously "You should feel guilty, although it was my idea, make sure you don't stay there too long or I just might go crazy and drag you back to my side by force Taeyeon."

His words and seriousness made Taeyeons heart flutter seeing this possessive side of Kris, she felt shy and tried to sneak out of his arms but that only made him hold her tighter whispering in her ear "Remember Taeyeon. You. Are. Mine." As his wolf king personality kicked in thinking of all the different situations which could occur with Taeyeon away from him. What if Tiffany has a super handsome brother that falls for Taeyeon and tries to make a move on her while she is there, or what if some guy just swoops in out of no where and takes her away, which is quite possible considering the people he has already met who are related to Taeyeon in some way.

Taeyeon shivered at his words, words that marked her as his, words full of passion and want, words that touched her in the very soles of her heart, words she had to explain to him too, seeing as she would also be leaving Kris unattended for who knows how long, so she needs to mark her territory. Taeyeon then noticed how Kris was in deep thought and chuckled to herself seeing him make a funny contorted facial as she guessed what he was probably thinking about. She smirked as she put her hand under his chin and made him face her as she brought their faces closer with their lips just centremetres apart, bring Kris out of his thoughts as he gulped at the new situation he is now in with Taeyeon. Taeyeon then brushed her lips against his before whispering in his ear seductively "Now don't you forget who you belong to my dear because there is no forgiveness for those who betray me understand? I am quite merciless with my punishments." She then took a step backwards with the most innocent smile on her face as she then pushed Kris out of her room so she could finish preparing for her stay at Tiffanys.

Kris was still frozen from his encounter with Taeyeon as the scene that had just happened was still processing in his mind. He got a major wake up call however when he suddenly heard a voice behind him saying "What are you doing just standing in front of my daughters room? Are you a ert?" Kris jumped at the voice before turning around shouting "Yah! I'm not a per..." He froze from shock as he saw the person he had just shouted at, Taeyeons mother.

"S....sorry for sh....shouting at you Mrs Kim." Kris stuttered as he faced a poker faced Shinhye who was eyeing him out making him nervous. Although he does dislike her for what she did to Taeyeon he thought it best to still be polite, seeing as she is Taeyeons mother and nothing in the world could change that. Kris then tried to sneak away seeing as Shin hye wasn't saying anything but he stopped when she shouted "Wait!"

Shin hye then walked up close to Kris and touched his arms and then his chest and abs making Kris confused and uncomfortable before she finally stopped and made a decision as she hit her hand with her fist. She then looked at Kris seriously before sighing "What does my daughter even see in you, you practically have no muscles compared to her dad and Jonghyun. You probably rate at a 3?" She said before leaving the dumbfounded Kris there as he squatted on the ground trying to contain his rage.

This was seen by Chen who unwittingly dug his own grave as he unleashed Kris's fury upon him saying "Yah hyung, what are you doing there? Stop being so weird." From that day on Chen to run away as soon as possible if he ever saw Kris in that position and Kris relieved his anger with the help of his now traumatised dongsaeng.

"Ah, I feel much better now that I let all my anger out." Kris said as he stretched his muscles with a relieved smile on his face. However his mood was to take a turn as he saw the one person he didn't want to see with the person he wanted to see the most. Kim Taeyeon was now sitting on the couch cuddled up close to Jonghyun. Kris was then burnt up with jealousy as he made his way to the couch and squished his way in between the two of them much to their utter confusion. However Kris still doesn't know that Jonghyun in Taeyeons cousin which is the reason behind his behaviour.

"Yah, Oppa~ I was in a comfortable position and now you ruined it." Taeyeon whined as she tugged on Kris's arm however she was silenced once she saw the fierce glare Kris gave her which made her let go of his arm and move away from him, not wanting to trigger his fury. However his glare didn't go unnoticed by Jonghyun who then stood up and pulled Taeyeon behind himself so he could protect her, causing Kris to stand up as he let out a growl from seeing Jonghyun take 'his' Taeyeon away from him.

"What the heck is your problem?!" Jonghyun shouted as he glared at Kris unafraid of his menacing wolf king glare. This gave Taeyeon the confidence to speak up as she said "Yeah, I don't know what's going on with you Oppa, but for some reason your always so angry when it comes to Jongie." She then felt a hand squeeze hers as Jonghyun showed his support.  This didn't go unnoticed by Kris who broke up their hand holding and growled out "Taeyeon is mine and only I can hold her." Before he went in and kissed her passionately as his possessive feelings overflowed giving him the endurance to kiss Taeyeon without fainting. He then pulled out of the kiss with a frozen Taeyeon who was shocked at the kiss and also having a heart attack at having been kissed like that. Kris smirked towards Jonghyun as he said arrogantly "Bet you've never done that before."

Jonghyun on the other hand just face palmed at Kris's stupidity and misunderstanding as he sighed before looking at Kris with a look of pity and patting him on the shoulder saying "You're right, I've never done that, reason being, I'm Taeyeons cousin. You know related by blood hence the name Kim Jonghyun and I've got to say that I feel sorry for you man, your rapped around this little ones fingers to the point that your jealous over a relative? Tsk tsk tsk." Jonghyun then left the two of them alone shaking his head in dismay.

Kris was now frozen as he said quietly to himself "Cousin?" This earned him as whack on the head by Taeyeon who was red in embarrassment at having her cousin witness the two of them kissing. "Aish, stupid, stupid Oppa! Why did you do that in front of my cousin. Ahhhhh I'm going to be teased thoroughly because of this." Taeyeon shouted in annoyance and frustration while continuously hitting Kris who was still in a frozen daze as he once again questioned, looking at Taeyeons for clarification "Cousin?"

Taeyeon looked at him with a wtf face before saying with attitude "Yes he's my cousin! Why else would I act like that around him? No wait does that mean you think I would treat just any other guy like this? You think I would just hug and sit on random people's laps?" Taeyeon was getting riled up as her accusations came spewing out much to Kris's distress as he tried to calm her down calling her name in a loving tone but Taeyeon wasn't listening as she held her hand up to stop him before saying seriously "Kris, is it always going to be like this between us? If I'm with another guy will you glare at me like you did just then? Make me afraid like you just did? Will you just swoop in and kiss me like that without any warning or permission? I get that you were jealous and all but couldn't you have just talked to me about it? Although this happened between us before when your sister arrived did you see me do anything to sabotage what I thought was your happiness? Did you see me interrupt your time with your sister and kiss you in front of her just for my own self satisfaction? From the looks of what just happened I think we have a very big difference in the way we think towards love, especially trust. Maybe me staying at Tiffanys came at a right time, I need time to think things over right now"

"Taeyeon...." Kris called out but Taeyeon just turned away from him and took her bags from her room with the help of Jonghyun and left without a word, leaving Kris standing there panicking as he thought about what he had done. Behind the scenes Shin hye was watching the whole time and clicked her tongue at the stupid move Kris had just made. "I guess I will need to whip him up into shape so that he won't ever make Taeyeon make that face again." She whispered to herself before running to her room to make the preparations. "It's initiation time." Shin hye said with a smirk.