Chapter 19

The Arrogant King and his Silent Queen

Taeyeon POV

Ugh, I just woke up and from the looks of it, I'm back in my room. I get up and go to the bathroom to wash my face so I can wake up fully only to see my red eyes as I stared into the mirror. Oh no did I cry in my sleep again? It's been a while since that's happened, I thought I was getting better but why did I cry? I looked at my phone to see that it was 4 in the morning. I think I'll just put a damp towel on my eyes to get rid of the puffiness of my eyes and hopefully the redness as well. I went and lay down again with the towel over my eyelids then I heard the door of my room open. Someone's walking towards me with light steps and for some reason I feel really nervous, who is it? Why are they in my room? Is it an intruder? A stalker? All these thoughts ran through my mind that I didn't notice that the person was now standing over me from the side of my bed. Suddenly I felt a hand moving the towel from my eyes and that when I decided to strike.

Third POV

"Ahhhhh" Taeyeon screamed loudly waking everyone in the house as they all ran to her room with any weapons they could find. They opened her door and the light only to find Taeyeon sitting on top of a man who's hand and feet are tied up, the boys were confused about which of the two were in need of saving as Taeyeon was now drawing on the poor mans face who's words were incomprehensible as Taeyeon seemed to have also duct taped his mouth.

"Taeyeon what happened? What did he do to you? Are you alright?" Siwon, Kris and Heechul immediately went to Taeyeon checking her over for any injuries while Exo M looked at the poor guy with pity and Taemin just shook his head incredulously at the whole scenario.

"Uh guys, I think it's this guy that needs to be checked over for any injuries, I mean just look at him."Taemin said as he pointed at the man with his hand and feet bound and a drawn mustache and black eye. "Mmmmmph" the man shouted through the tape.

"What are you talking about Taemin! He's the bad guy that tried to attack our little Taeng, right Taengoo?" Heechul shouted in defence while giving the man a deadly glare while Taeyeon gave everyone her most innocent and angel like face but Taemin wasn't buying any of it.

"Taeyeon, who is this really? I know that if it really was an intruder you would've beat the living day lights out of hi and yet here he is unscathed, so spill it." Taemin demanded staring Taeyeon down who was avoiding eye contact with him.

"I just wanted to have a little fun with him, it's been a while since I played with him." Taeyeon said quietly looking down at her feet, pouting cutely. Everyone was confused at who this person was while Taemin just shook his head as he already guessed who it was.

"Aigoo, are you okay Jonghyun?" Taemin asked as he untied the man with some difficulties as Taeyeon had tied him up perfectly. 

"Jonghyun? Who's Jonghyun?" Kris asked Taeyeon lifting her head up so he could look into her eyes, Taeyeon stared back and slapped his hand away making him shocked as she then ran to Jonghyun who was now out of his and was currently taking off the duct tape from his mouth.

"I'm sorry Jongie, I didn't mean to go that far. I was just excited to see you again and you know how I get." Taeyeon said cutely as she fiddled with her fingers taking little peeks at Jonghyun to see if he's mad at her, resisting her urge to run and give him a bear hug.

"Aish, you really got me there." Jonghyun muttered as he finally got the duct tape off his mouth, he saw the way she looked at him and smiled as he knew what she wanted to do, he then opened his arms to her and sighed as he said " I just can't stay mad at you." Taeyeon smiled brightly at what he said and immediately ran into his arms squealing in happiness. However someone was not happy with this at all, 'She slapped my hand away and now she's full on hugging another guy in front of me?! ' Kris thought angrily as he glared at the happy scene playing out in front of him. Exo M could feel the incredibly dark aura they were familiar with as they had felt many times in the past before Kris met Taeyeon. 'Oh no could this possibly unleash the Wolf King?' Exo thought worriedly as the aura they just felt was chillingly similar to Kris's aura whenever he's in his Wolf King mood.

Taeyeon then broke the hug much to the relief of Exo M that is until she decided to sit on Jonghyuns lap with him patting her head while she grinned happily. Talk about adding fuel to the fire, Kris was now burning in anger and a switch flipped inside his head as he had now become the Wolf King as he growled at Jonghyun. Jonghyun felt a chill run down his spine as he shivered, this was noticed by Taeyeon who looked at him and put her forehead on his to check his temperature. Exo M then saw something unbelievable, Kris had levelled up due to the twos interaction and now he had the aura of a demon king but the thing that scared Exo M the most was that he was smiling, the smile of a devil.

Siwon, Taemin and Heechul felt a chill coming from behind them and turned to see a very scary Kris smiling at them evilly. Siwon was frozen from his smile while Taemin and Heechul gulped hardly at this new Kris and the two could pretty much guess what was making him like this. "Uh Taeyeon why don't you and Kris go and get some ice cream from the shop?" Taemin said as Heechul picked Taeyeon up off Jonghyuns lap and put her next to Kris who's deadly aura had subsided dramatically from having Taeyeon next to him much to the relief of Exo M, Heechul and Taemin. However it didn't last long as Taeyeon said with a cute pout "Aniyo! I want to go with Jonghyun Oppa." While shaking her head and turning her back to Kris not noticing the situation at all.

This angered Kris even more as he then grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her out as she screamed for the boys help but none of them wanted to deal with Demon King Kris. Jonghyun was about to help out but he got stopped by Taemin saying "Jonghyun if you know what's good for you, you wouldn't interfere with them right now, don't worry Kris wouldn't hurt Taeyeon." Jonghyun then sat back down in confusion. 'Sorry Taeyeon but we leave Kris to you.' They all thought as they then waited for the twos arrival.

"Yah! Let go of me right now! Kris, your hurting my wrist!" Taeyeon shouted as she tried to release her hand from Kris's grip as they walked out the door of their house. Kris then pinned Taeyeon against the front door and stared intensly into her eyes causing Taeyeon to look away as she didn't want to melt at his heated gaze. 

But Kris was annoyed at her avoidance and lifted her head so their eyes were connected again as he growled out saying "Look at me." Taeyeon flinched at his rough voice and looked at him in confusion and fear. Kris saw this and pulled himself away from her as he stood away from her and controlled himself before saying coldly "Lets go." And walking off towards his car leaving Taeyeon dumbfounded at his actions. She then ran to catch up with him and entered his car, she then stared at him wondering what he was thinking while Kris ignored her stares and just focused his eyes on the road, silence enveloping them the whole ride there.

Taeyeon glanced at Kris as they were now walking to the ice cream shop with him once again ignoring her and just looking forward. "Kris Oppa, why are you ignoring me?" Taeyeon said cutely with her aegyo as she looked at Kris with her puppy dog eyes. However this cute act was successfully ignored by Kris, but just barely thanking his height as it prevented him from seeing those dangerous puppy dog eyes.

Taeyeon pouted at being ignored by Kris and decided to try a different approach "Oppa~" she said in her most cute voice while intertwine her hands with his and swinging it as they walked, Kris almost died with her cuteness and the skinship but he controlled himself and resisted as he let go of her hand and put his hand in his pocket so she wouldn't hold it and kept walking.

Now Taeyeon was getting annoyed as she pouted angrily saying "Fine then, I'll go and find another Oppa who I can hug and kiss and..." She was then interrupted by Kris who came stomping back to her shouting "Yah! Don't you dare!" Making Taeyeon smirk at his reaction saying teasingly "See you do love me~" as she giggled cutely.

Kris then glared at her and said "Yes I do love you, I love Kim Taeyeon!" Earning stares from everyone around them but the two just ignored the crowd that was now forming. "Huh? Sorry I didn't hear that, you love who?" Taeyeon said mischeviously as she made a dorky face with her hand to ear acting like she's listening intently. Kris chuckled at her playfulness and suddenly got an idea.

 He went behind her and back hugged her before whispering sweetly in her ear "I love you" earning a giggle from Taeyeon who whined saying it was ticklish and turned to face him and beckoned him to bend down with her finger to which he obliged. She then pulled him down forcefully with her lips on his ear as she whispered "I love.......ice cream" before running into the ice cream shop leaving Kris there disappointed as he pouted and entered the ice cream shop after her.

"Yah! Do you only love ice cream?" Kris sulked as he stood next to the excited Taeyeon who was busy looking at all the flavours, wondering which one she should pick today. Taeyeon then faced Kris with her hand under her chin as she started to think in a cute manner as she pretended to think about Kris's question while Kris looked at her expectantly.

"Mmmm I don't only love ice cream. There are other things and people that I love." Taeyeon said with a cute nod before going back to her beloved ice cream. Kris didn't like her answer and was disappointed that she still hasn't told him that she loves him and it's only him who ever says it.

"Who are those other people you love? Am I included?" Kris asked as he wanted a definite answer from her. Taeyeon just ignored him and continued her search for the ice cream she would eat today, irritating Kris as he started to lose his patience.

Kris then grabbed Taeyeon by the shoulder and made her face him as he asked her with intensity in his eyes "Do you love me or not?" This gained the attention of some of the attention from the people of the shop although most of them were already watching the two since they walked in with Taeyeons beauty and cuteness and Kris's handsome features.

Taeyeon looked Kris straight in the eyes with the same intensity as Kris, maybe even more as Kris's fierceness started to waver as he stared into her beautiful eyes. Taeyeon then carressed his face and said seriously "Kris are even sure you want to know the answer to that question? Can you handle my feelings for you? Can you accept me wholly including my past, my fears and all my demons and imperfections? I know that you love me Kris but I don't think you know me enough to accept everything about me. For me to say those words you want to hear is to give all of my heart and soul to you, basically my everything and trust me when I say this but you may not like what you will find there. So please understand me when I don't say those words to you just yet because I want to be sure that you will catch me when I fall because when I fall, I fall hard. So let's just take it slow, can you do that for me Kris?"

Kris, along with the entire crowd listening in on their conversation were amazed at the depth and thought of the words Taeyeon had just spoken. Kris now understood the weight of the words 'I love you' and now knew why she had chosen not to say it. Nonetheless he pulled Taeyeon into his embrace and hugged her tightly before bring his lips to her ear saying "I love you." This made Taeyeon smile as she looked at Kris and said "I accept your love and I hope to say those words you long to hear very soon." As she gave Kris a chaste kiss on the lips as they then smiled at each other as they gained a new understanding of their feelings towards each other and were one step closer to the day they would profess their love for each other.

Suddenly there was an applause from those around them in the ice cream shop as people were touched by the scene they just witnessed with some even crying. Taeyeon blushed as she realised she just let out her most deep inner thoughts out in a public place while Kris smirked seeing her so flustered and whispered in her ear possesively "Don't make such a cute face in front of all these people, you should only show that face to me and no one else." As he hid her face on his chest and ordered the ice cream which they got for free because of their romantic scene.

On the drive back home Taeyeon noticed something about the ice cream "Oppa, did you know that choco banana was my favourite ice cream or did you just get it?" Taeyeon asked cutely as she was happy to have the flavour she wanted as she thought that the ice cream shop didn't have it.

"Well although a certain someone thinks that I don't know her that much, you would be surprised at how much I do know about you. Like your favourite colour is purple, your not afraid of scary movies which I am quite disappointed about." Kris said playfully earning a smack from Taeyeon who whined saying "Oppa~"

"Aish, I'm driving right now you know, oh and that's another thing you hit like a man due to you intensive self defence lessons from your father who you pretend to be apathetic towards but in reality you love him to death." Kris continued as he amazed Taeyeon with his observations and knowledge of her.

"You know so much about me, but how?" Taeyeon asked curiously as not even some of her closest friends know that about her and always scolds her because of her behaviour towards her dad.

"Well I've just been paying attention to you and you know occasionally asking for info from SNSD. Oh and don't think I don't know when your up to something because I do. You make this kind of evil smirk after you give us your most angelic smile and that's when I know that something's up so don't get any ideas." Kris teased as Taeyeon made a shocked face as she thought that only Taemin knew that about her and even then he doesn't notice it much anyways.

"I feel so bad right now. You know so much about me and yet I don't know much about you Kris." Taeyeon said guiltily as she pouted with her head hung low.

Kris chuckled at her cuteness and said sincerely "Well that's why we're taking it slow right? I'll show you the real me so that you can be assured that you won't have to worry about giving me your all because I will love and cherish every single thing you give me and the love I have for you right now is likely to grow more and more and I am sure it will never lessen."

Taeyeon was so touched with his words that she started to tear up thinking 'He really does love me and I love him too but ill have to keep that to myself for now as I know that my heart is currently incomplete and when I feel that it's right would like to give him my whole heart and not just bits of it.'

They finally arrived back at home with the couple smiling from ear to ear, completely happy and content with their current relationship as they walked into the house holding each other's hands tightly while carrying a bag of ice cream each.

Suddenly Taeyeon dropped her bag of ice cream as she looked at the figure behind Jonghyun who ran to her as soon as he saw her saying excitedly "Taeyeonie this is why I came down, it was to bring your omma who wanted to visit you."

Taeyeon now had a full view of the woman standing a couple of metres away from her as she threw the woman her most angelic smile greeting "Annyeonhaseyo Omma."

But Kris knew better than to trust that smile and apparently so did Taeyeons mom as she scowled at Taeyeons fake smile saying harshly "Don't show me that fake smile of yours, I may not have seen you for years but don't expect me to not know when your faking it or not. Why don't you just show me your true colours and skip on the pleasantries?"

Taeyeons smile suddenly changed into an evil smirk as she now glared at her mother saying "Alright if you want to skip the pleasantries then why don't you tell me the real reason behind your visit here you old hag?" 

Jonghyun and Kris were truly scared at the atmosphere that was now surrounding the two women which were on par if not worse then demon king Kris. The two kept on glaring at each other but Taeyeons mom suddenly stopped her glaring and said "It's as Jonghyun had said, I came to visit you on the requests of your father and Taemin."

Taeyeon then shouted angrily "Taemin! Get out here right now you traitor! How dare you bring this evil witch here!" It literally looked like there was steam coming out of her ears as she was over come with rage.

"Aigoo, what a temper you have. No wonder Taemin left the first chance he could get after checking that I had arrived safely." Taeyeons mom said as she checked out her nails not minding that she had just added fuel to the fire.

Taeyeon then composed herself as she gave her mother a smile saying "Well then mother, I would appreciate it if you would kindly GET THE HELL OUT right now. The door is right there and if you would excuse me, Kris and I are now going to go to my room so I don't have to see your horrid face. Thanks for the visit and please don't ever come again." Before grabbing Kris by the wrist and dragging him to her room leaving a dumbfounded Jonghyun and a laughing Shin hye.

"Aigoo that girl is too much like me for her own good." Shin hye said as she laughed knocking Jonghyun out of his daze.

"Sorry aunty, I didn't know that she would react like this. I never knew she could be so rude and especially towards her mother." Jonghyun said as he shook his head.

But Shin hye just smiled as said bitterly "Aniyo, she has every right to treat me like that as I wasn't the best mother to her when I was raising her. I had a lot of stress and problems at the time which I had to carry by myself as Jongkook was always away with work which led to me taking out my frustrations on her. I was a horrible mother back then as I am now since it's only through bickering and fighting with her that I can actually talk to her without breaking down. I came here to rebuild my relationship with my daughter which I know will take a very long time considering the horrible things I said and done in the past and also due to my current state who still cannot carry out something so simple as a normal conversation with my daughter but know that I will try."

Jonghyun was confused about what she was talking about as he had no idea about what happened between Taeyeon and her mom in the past and was currently amazed that Taeyeon had such a dark past as the Taeyeon he knew was always bright and smiling.

Meanwhile in Taeyeons room Kris was currently comforting Taeyeon who was now crying in his embrace, it shocked him how quickly the strong, fierce and scary Taeyeon from before had changed into the fragile Taeyeon who was now sobbing in his arms.

"Shhh, Taeyeon please don't cry. You don't have to worry okay because I will be there to protect you." Kris soothed as he thought in his mind 'Yes, I will be here to protect you no matter what or who the person is that is trying to hurt you, this is my promise.'