Chapter 21

The Arrogant King and his Silent Queen

Third POV 

*clap clap clap* Kris turned around quickly at the sudden applause, to find Taeyeons mother leaning on a wall behind him clapping her hands. "Here I was planning a way to possibly sabotage your relationship with Taeyeon and yet it seems you did all the work for me." Shin hye said with a smirk as she laughed at Kris's misfortune. Her taunt pulled Kris out of his self destructive frame of mind as he was now overcome with anger as he started to go on a rampage as Shin hye just watched him calmly while Exo M, Siwon and Heechul came out of their rooms and tried to calm the now demon king Kris. Once Kris calmed down, finally letting out all his bottled up emotions, he then dropped to the ground as he went into self loathing as he remembered the look on Taeyeons face as she looked at him, disappointed, hurt and even worse, heartbroken. 

Seeing that Kris was done with his rampage, Shin hye went on to say, "Although I was going to sabotage your relationship, if you would even call what you two have a 'relationship', seeing the reaction my daughter had to your jealousy, it seems that you hold a special place in her heart Kris. She doesn't lash out like that to just anyone you know, only to those she cares and trust would she ever get so emotional over as she trusts that they would never leave her and it's through that trust that you are able to see the real her. Now, seeing as she feels this way, I am willing to offer my services to help you win my daughter back. So what do you think Kris?"

Shin hyes words lifted Kris out of his self loathing as he rose to his feet and looked at Shin hye defiantly, saying "If what you say is true, then there is no need for your help. I will win Taeyeon back by myself, relying on thers to win her back would just make me a coward." Shin hye smiled at his answer as he walked away.

'Well Kris, you have more guts than I thought, to actually try and face my daughter in this situation without any back up. Fine I won't help you this time but there's no way you are getting out of your initiation. I'll leave that until the both of you are official.' Shin hye thought as she chuckled to herself, walking out of the living room, leaving the remaining Exo M, Siwon and Heechul, who were injured by Kris's rampage, confused and worried for Taeyeon who seems to be the main cause for the rampage and clash between the two.

'Taeyeon what happened here and where are you?' Heechul thought as he and the rest slowly got up from their spots, to get their wounds checked.

Meanwhile at Tiffanys house.......

"So, what would you girls do in my position?" Taeyeon asked in anticipation, the whole situation just overwhelmed her and now she needs advice from her girls. She couldn't believe that she actually had girl friends to talk with about this stuff. Her whole life she had been surrounded by overprotective guys who would eat the man alive if she were ever to mention a possible love interest and of course she could never talk calmly with her mom long enough for the subject to ever be brought up. She was always alone. But now she had SNSD to rely on and she didn't have to keep her feelings inside anymore, she felt a sense of relief, letting out all her emotions and telling them what happened

The girls were silent after hearing her story, contemplating about how they would react in the situation or what they think Taeyeon should have done. Jessica was the first to speak up as she said with conviction "Taeyeon, your reaction was wrong on so many levels, are you sure you're a girl?" Taeyeon was taken aback by Jessica's words with Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoung nodding.

"Yah! What do you mean by that? I think that Taeyeons reaction was justified." Tiffany defended with Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun on side. "Pany~" Taeyeon shouted as she ran tearfully into her embrace before hiding behind her and looking at Jessica with a pout.

Jessica fought against her instinct to run and pinch Taeyeons cheeks as she stood her ground saying "I know that what Kris did was wrong but you can't say it's entirely his fault for misunderstanding are you? Also what he did was out of jealousy, showing how much he loves you and isn't it good for a man to show his possessiveness? Taeyeon, you are no ordinary girl and you are surrounded by men who love you, don't you think that what Kris did was not because he didn't trust you but because he was insecure. You know any girl would've have welcomed such actions as it makes them feel wanted and loved." Taeyeon listened to her words carefully and nodded her head, understanding her reasoning.

"Taeyeon, you know we would jump whoever tries to hurt you but you have to see it from Kris's point of view." Yuri said gently with a caring smile causing Taeyeon to nod her head like a little kid as she came out from hiding behind Tiffanys back with Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung and Jessica coming to cuddle and pat her adorable head.

But then Seohyun spoke up saying "I can't accept his actions, what he did was disrespectful towards Taeyeon unnie and I think what Taeyeon said was right. He could've just asked her who Jonghyun is and resolve his jealousy but he kept it to himself. What does he expect her to do if he doesn't voice his opinions and feelings, Taeyeon unnie isn't a mind reader. Unnie was right, trust is important in a relationship but communication is also important to maintain that trust, so Kris is at fault in this fight."

"Maknaes right, Taeyeon shouldn't feel guilty because Kris decided to act on his jealousy. He should've talked to you about it and cleared the air. I think the way you reacted and this break is good for the both of you, so you can think things through and Jessica, I think the way Taeyeon reacted to the situation was very much a girls reaction because isn't it a girls duty to trouble the guy they love? Otherwise love wouldn't be as fun." Hyoyeon said as she backed up Seohyuns opinion.

This got Taeyeon fired up as she went back to Seohyuns side with Sunny and Hyoyeon poking their tongues out at the other girls saying "Merong~" with Yuri and Yoona making death gestures, acting like gangsters. It was then that Tiffany interrupted them shouting "STOP!!"causing her member to be quiet as everyone looked at her.

"Now, we've heard both sides and I think that they both make sense of the situation. So it up to Taeyeon now to make a decision." Tiffany said as all eyes now fell on Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled as her thoughts were finally clear thanks to the girls. "I think I should still make Kris suffer a bit for his rudeness and his lack of faith in me." Taeyeon said which made Jessica, Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoungs backs slump while the others celebrated her answer. "But taking into consideration the circumstances at the time and Kris's feelings, I've decided to forgive him but not without a little punishment first." Taeyeon continued with a chuckle causing the rest of the girls to celebrate, with everyone agreeing to her decision.

"Now that, that's out of the way, let's continue with our slumber party!" Tiffany shouted as the girls changed into their pyjamas and started to tell each other stories and play games late into the night, having heaps of fun.

However, at the Exo mansion, things were anything but fun, with everyone being gloomy and bored. "What was our life like before Taeyeon came to live with us?" Luhan asked with a sigh as he lost once again on his favourite video game. 

With Taeyeon in the house, it was more lively and eventful, there was never a day that went by without Taeyeon doing something that made the boys day. Like the time she managed to pull a prank on the unsuspecting Chen, making on of her guy friends cross dress as a girl and go on a blind date with him, he almost kissed a guy if it had not been for a rough wind that went by, causing his wig to fall off. Or the time she joined forces with Chen to prank all of them, faking Chens death and putting evidence in everyone's rooms for others to find so we became wary of each other, thinking we knew who the killer was and that they were amongst us.

Now that the guys thought about their time with Taeyeon, one word came to mind in their heads. "Troublemaker" they all said in unison much to their surprise before they started to crack up laughing, some of them laughing so hard that tears came out. Once the laughter died down they all sighed together, wondering when Taeyeon will be back. It was then that they focused their eyes on Kris, glaring at him as they blamed him for Taeyeons departure.

Kris noticed the glares and shook his head explaining "It's not my fault she left, she was already planning to leave because of her mother and I suggested that she go to Tiffanys house." The guys remained skeptical but chose to accept his explanation as they finally know where she went.

"Oh but you can't count yourself out, as the reason why she left now can you Kris?" Jonghyun said as he glared at Kris for blaming the arrival of Taeyeons mom, his aunty, for the reason for Taeyeon leaving. He knows that they are on bad terms but not enough for her to leave and with what he saw Kris do to Taeyeon he could only assume it was Kris's fault, not knowing about Taeyeons past experience with her mother.

Kris knew about her past, in fact pretty much everyone in the room except Jonghyun knew about it so they disregarded his words and kept silent. It was evident that Taeyeon doesn't want Jonghyun to know about what her mother did to her, seeing as he was kept in the dark for so long. "Think whatever you want." Kris said as he dismissed the topic, standing up to leave the room but he was stopped by Jonghyun who had a tight grip on his wrist saying "Apologise to my aunty and take back your words. Even if those two are fighting right now, they have a strong mother daughter bond. So take it back."

"Jonghyun, let him go. What he said was right." Shin Hye said as she entered the room they were all in. Jonghyun let go of Kris and looked at Shin hye confused with everyone else being silent, not knowing what to do in this situation. Was she going to reveal her past to him?

"Keep quiet old lady, she doesn't want him to know." Kris growled as he knew what she was planning to do and it was against Taeyeons wishes so he was angry with her sudden need to disclose the truth. Was she doing this to hurt Taeyeon? To bring up her painful past and cause her beloved cousin to look at her with pity? What is she trying to do by telling Jonghyun the truth.

Shinhye scoffed at Kris saying "It's not only her story but mine as well so back off, outsider." She put emphasis on outsider knowing that Taeyeon and Kris's relationship is yet to be official, pushing his buttons to gage a reaction. But she got none as he just walked past her and went to his room quietly saying "Do what you want." With that he closed his door and Shinhye closed her eyes and breathed in before asking Jonghyun "Shall we take a trip down memory lane?"

Taeyeon POV

We were in the middle of interrogating our maknae who was caught going out at midnight during their last school trip. I was so curious because it's Seohyun were talking about, the sleep at 10pm so your new skin cells can develop Seohyun. Not only that but the fact that she left with full makeup and a killer dress only adds fuel to the fire. We were finally getting an answer from her when my phone rang, seeing that it was Jonghyun I decided to leave the interrogation and answer my phone.

"Yoboseyo? Jonghyun ah, did something happen?"

"Taeyeon ah, I know....." Jonghyun said weakly over the phone causing confusion and worry to take over me, what was he talking about?

"What do you know Jongie? Oh did the boys tell you that I was the one who told them about that one time I beat you up as kids? Don't believe them and it wasn't me." I joked to alleviate the tense atmosphere that seemed to surround our phone call.

Jonghyun sighed on the other side before saying "I know what happened between you and aunty Taeyeon. She told me everything. Why didn't you tell me what was happening to you Taeyeon? You know I would've been there in a heartbeat to defend and protect you."

The truth hit me hard at the realisation that my most favourite beloved cousin now knew about my tormented past and I didn't like it, I didn't like it at all. "Jongie, who told you."

"Does it matter who told me? Taeyeon I'm asking why you didn't tell me." Jonghyun said in exasperation but I wasn't listening.

"Kim Jonghyun, who told you?" I asked coldly with force, using his full name to show my seriousness.

Jonghyun remained silent on the phone for a while before responding "Aunty told me Taeyeon." With that I hung up the phone and threw it somewhere, paying no mind to Jonghyuns bombardment of calls afterwards. That woman, who is supposedly my 'mother' actually told Jonghyun about our past? The only family I had that didn't judge me because of my status or rumours that went around about me. The only family that saw me for purely what I am and accepted it. What will he say to me now? How will he look and treat me now? With sympathy? Pity? Would he treat me with the carefulness my father and Taemin had treated me all these years? Just thinking of it ignited my rage. She has seriously crossed the line this time and I just can't stand to be in the same country as her.

I walked into the main room where the rest of the girls were. I called for their attention saying "Hey girls, do you want to go on a little getaway? My treat." The girls screamed yes and set to packing, contacting their families about the trip, to which their parents agreed as I introduced myself as Kim Jongkooks daughter. 

"So where are we going Taeng?" Jessica asked as she stuffed what seemed to be a whole closet full of clothes into a suitcase.

"Just going to see some oppas I know."