Chapter 17

The Arrogant King and his Silent Queen

Kris POV

Aish, how many times do I need to pass out for? I woke up and looked around finding myself in the sleeping area of our club room. I was about to get out of bed until I felt something or rather someone holding onto me, I looked down to find a cute sleeping Taeyeon cuddling closer to me as I slowly got up. Sheesh even after my explanation about how I feel about her and why I can't be close to her, she's still like this huh? I suddenly hear my phone ring and I freeze from shock as I saw the caller ID. Taeyeon started moving around from the sound of my phone luckily letting me go as I quickly answered my phone away from Taeyeon, she doesn't need to hear this conversation.

"Yoboseyo...."

Third POV

Taeyeon woke up after her nap waiting for Kris to wake up, only to find that Kris was missing. She shot out of bed looking around for him panicking as she couldn't find him anywhere as she began to run around looking for him shocking quite a few students as it was the first time they had ever seen the calm beauty look so distressed. She ran and ran until she made it to the last place to check, the rooftop and there he was standing there embracing someone, but not just someone but a very pretty girl.

"Oppa, saranghae!" The girl said as she smiled at Kris which he responded with his charming smile as he patted her on the head looking at her lovingly.

"Oppa, loves you too Sulli." He sincerely said as Taeyeon saw his genuine love for the girl evident in his eyes which shot arrows into her heart as tears brimmed the edges of her eyes. She ran out of the rooftop with the door accidentally slamming as she left shocking Kris and Sulli.

"Oppa, what was that?" Sulli said in shock as she hooked her arm on Kris hiding behind him, Kris shook his head at her actions and chuckled.

"Aye is my dongsaeng still afraid of ghost?" Kris teased his sister. Yes his little sister who had just come back from Canada and his little sister who knows so many embarrassing things about him which he knew for sure she would tell Taeyeon about which was an absolute no no for Kris, as well as the fact that his sister had a severe brother complex towards Kris, so severe that she would do anything and everything to keep Kris all to herself. Kris appreciated this as he hated being surrounded by girls however he now has Taeyeon and he knows how merciless and harsh his sister can be to girls that tried to get closer to him, therefore to protect his precious Taeyeon he wouldn't tell Sulli about her or let them meet.

"Oppa, don't tease me like that and let's hurry up and go to the cafeteria! I'm hungry!" Sulli whined as she dragged Kris down from the rooftop towards the cafeteria which they came face to face with Taeyeon as soon as Sulli opened the door. Kris panicked as he didn't expect them to encounter Taeyeon so soon but what happened next made him confused and hurt, for some reason Taeyeon passed by him like she didn't know him, as if they were strangers with no relation whatsoever.

Sulli on the other hand was in awe of seeing Taeyeon, she looked so elegant and beautiful with a sort of charmingly mysterious air about her along with that queen like aura she personified as if she lived in a totally different world from them from which they couldn't even imagine or try to join her own little world. She was brought back to reality as she heard Kris calling her as he waved a hand in front of the dazed girl. "Oppa, who was that girl just now?" Sulli said dreamily as she imagined having such a girl as her sister and how awesome it would be.

Kris gulped, contemplating whether or not he should say her name as Sulli may have already caught on and was planning something against Taeyeon. He chuckled nervously as he said "What girl? I don't know what your talking about. You know Oppa doesn't care about girls except for you and mum." Unfortunately for him Taeyeon was listening in on their conversation, even more heartbroken then before, making the misunderstanding between him and Taeyeon worse as Taeyeon ran away crying.

"But Oppa, you should definitely marry the girl we just saw before. You should've seen her, she's the only girl I will ever approve of as my sister in law so you better not go after any other girls arraseo?" Sulli warned as her adorable face turned serious with a menacing glare before changing back to normal as Kris nodded his head with a smile as Taeyeon had just won the approval of his scary sister so now all that's left to do is to is confess. Kris blushed at the idea but then frowned as he remembered what a dense girl Taeyeon was and the way she ignored him before, he's confused about why she would do that. Did he do something to upset her? What did he do?!

"Sulli, don't worry, Oppa will definitely capture that girls heart, just wait and see, you of all people should know that there's no girl your Oppa can't win over." Kris said confidently with Sulli squealing in delight at her awesome brother however on the inside he was absolutely panicking, just how is he going to win her heart when he can't even stay conscious with one kiss from her?

Kris kept on trying to talk to Taeyeon with Sulli by his side as she wanted to meet the goddess she admired but every time he even came close she would avoid him with the help do SNSD and her oppas who gave him their most deadliest glares. Kris was trying to desperately to talk to her but to no avail as he was confused about the whole reason why she would avoid him in the first place.

He met up with s in their room to which he received a collective sigh from the whole group. "Hyungs how could you be so stupid? I thought you loved Taeyeon but it turns out your just playing with her." Suho said disappointedly as he shook his head with the rest of Exo giving Kris a look of disappointment.

Kris looked at them confusedly asking "What are you guys talking about? I only love Taeyeon and what girl? I've only been around Sulli, my sister with the massive brother complex, remember?" Exo facepalmed themselves at their own misunderstanding as they all knew about Sulli but unfortunately everyone else didn't as Sulli chose to study abroad.

"Aigoo, gege everyone has been thinking that Sulli is your girlfriend. Taeyeon saw the two of you saying you loved each other on the rooftop and she misunderstood as she didn't know Sulli is your sister." Tao explained, making all the puzzle pieces in Kris's mind fit as he made out the whole picture.

"So that's why she was full on ignoring my whole existence with the girls and he oppas giving me death looks whenever I tried to go near her." Kris said as he ruffled his hair in frustration at the situation he had currently been put into. Just how is he going to get out of this one with Taeyeon already believing that his sister is his girlfriend. Of course she would misunderstand as he hasn't even said the words 'I love you' to her yet.

Kris then followed Taeyeon around everywhere waiting for a chance to tell her the truth as he looked like a stalker with his cool image close to being nonexistent with his not so discreet stalking techniques which Taeyeon caught onto all the time but chose not to react as it hurt to think that Kris is one of the few people who can make her feel genuinely happy but now she has to move on since he has a girlfriend. This thought made her heart ache as she felt her emotions were close to the brink of explosion. She needed to release her emotions now or they would eat away at her like the time she lived with her mother, it scared her of how close she is to possibly shutting down like she did before so she had to let it all out, better yet sing it out. 

Taeyeon went to a secluded music room and sat at the piano playing a melody before starting to sing her heart out:

Fifth Harmony - Who are you

Chorus

Do you miss me? Am I crazy?
Am I losing hold of your love baby?
Either you want me or you don't
I need to know, I need to know

Who are you today?
Will you be the sun
Or the pouring rain?
Who are you tomorrow?
Will you make me smile
Or just bring me sorrow?
Who are you gonna be
When I'm lost and I'm scared?
Who are you gonna be
When there's nobody there?
Who are you today?
'Cause I am still the same

A tear ran down her face as she finished singing with her eyes opening to meet another pair of eyes, eyes that she loved, eyes that didn't belong to her, eyes that hurt her with the fact that she can't have him. She quickly wiped her tears as she got up to run away from him but her caught her by the wrist bringing her into his embrace. She struggled to get out of the embrace as she felt it was wrong to disrespect his 'girlfriend' like that. However her struggling only made him tighten his hold on her.

"Kris, let go, what if your girlfriend sees?" Taeyeon said as she stopped struggling and instead tried to gently pry his arms away from her but her plea only earned a shake of the head from Kris as he childishly refused to let go. 

Kris then pulled out of the hug to look Taeyeon in the eye with a serious look on his face making Taeyeons heart race as he stared at her intensely. Taeyeon tried to look away only to have Kris put his hand under her chin making her face him with Taeyeon feeling butterflies and guilty at the same time as she thought of Kris's happy girlfriend, well of course she's happy, she has Kris. Taeyeons eyes started to grow dark as hurtful thoughts entered her mind.

Kris noticed the change in her beautiful eyes quickly embracing her again as he patted her head explaining "The girl you saw before was my sister, not my girlfriend Taeyeon. She just came back from studying abroad, which is why people don't know about her." Taeyeon looked deeply into his eyes trying to find any hints of lying but she found nothing but sincerity and honesty. Kris was relieved as he saw her eyes brighten up again when he looked at her once more.

Suddenly Taeyeon let go of the hug and looked at Kris, this time she was the one with a serious face. "Kris, I think we should just be friends for now." She said which sent Kris into a panicked state as he thought that she didn't believe him or maybe she didn't feel the same way he did but his panicking was silenced by the sound of Taeyeons cute giggle.

"I said let's be friends for 'now' not forever. I just want to get to know you more as there is a lot of things we don't know about which is one of the reasons for the misunderstanding today. Let's just start off slow and build our way up okay Kris?" Taeyeon explained to the confused and panicked Kris who had now calmed down.

"Arrasseo, we'll start off from the beginning so some people won't get jealous and make assumptions." Kris said teasingly earning himself a smack from Taeyeon who was now blushing.

But she quickly recovered as she smirked and got closer to Kris's ear whispering "I'm looking forward to seeing how you get out of the friendzone you Arrogant King. I'll be waiting for you to try and woo me Wu. Yi. Fan." Making Kris blush profusely while Taeyeon happily skipped away.

"She's not going to make it easy for me is she?" Kris said to himself as he rubbed the back of his neck with a handsome smile on his face as he went yo catch up to his mischievous Queen.