Not Okay

Illegal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica looked at her empty apartment for the last time. When the sun rises once again, this house will no longer be hers. It will have a new owner, new furniture and their existence in this house is just nothing but long forgotten memory. It sadden Jessica how so much has happened in this apartment, good and bad but all will be a simple memory to her when she turns the keys to the new owners of this house.

It was 12 at night and the removalist have moved everything, all her belongings are packed and are sent of to her parents house where she will be living until she figures out when to leave for New York. Donghae’s belongings are sent of to his hotel while other appliances such as the beds,  kitchen utensils, pillows and other furniture that is essential for home is donated to a worthy cause.

That is everything that once belonged to Jessica and Donghae.

Everything but the Dresser Donghae made Jessica. It was the only thing that Jessica pelage to keep and her parents let her to it. It was the only thing that Jessica could remember Donghae by. Sure they had photo’s that bring back good memories, but this dresser was also evidence that Donghae, somehow, maybe liked her back. If she force to believe that what her and Donghae shared wasn’t real then can she at least pretend that he did, even for a split second.

This dresser gave Jessica hope that he will come back.



“Jessica,” Jessica turned around to find the one person she was needing, the one person she trusted was there. Right before her eyes.

 

“Donghae?” the unhappy tears turned into tears of joy, for the first time in days Jessica could smile again. It was weird the fact that for the last fortnight she has been greeted by many people but not one of them could make her smile like she is smiling now.

She needed that one person and after waiting for 2 weeks for him to come back, he did. If she could, Jessica could just raise her middle finger to all these people that told her for the last weeks that he wasn’t coming back. Now he is here, right infornt of her, what can they say about that now?

Jessica couldn’t function correctly, she was confused as to why he was here. Is this a dream? Or is this real? “Why are you here?” Jessica whispered. Even if they are in an empty dark apartment with the city lights reflecting in the window as the only light source, Jessica could only whisper. Due to being in an shaken mood, she couldn’t think straight yet nor have the function to talk properly.

“I’m sorry,” Donghae bowed his head. “I came to apologize for everything,”

Usually if you do bad deeds to the ice princess, the ice princess will never forgive you. She's the type of girl to never forgive and never will she forget. However, Donghae is an exception. A single apology and Jessica is willing to forgive him, anything to have him hers again.

“It’s okay, I’m willing to forgive you,” Jessica smiled.

“You shouldn’t,”

“It’s okay oppa,”Jessica walked closer to comfort her husband but he stepped back confusing her. “Is something wrong?” she has to ask about his distant personality.

“I want to give you this,” Donghae passed a yellow envelop, which Jessica shouldn’t have accepted but did anyways. She walked towards to the light source which is the lights reflecting through the apartment’s window so she can read what ever is in the yellow envelop.

Jessica pulled out the pieces of paper and read it to herself. It was her biggest nightmare written on a clean slight of white paper. Divorce papers.

“Why are you giving me this?” Jessica asked wanting to ripped the papers.

“I was promised a year of marriage, so I came here to end hte marriage," 

"But.."

"Last year you said that you wanted to help me get married to Sun but I couldn’t afford it. So I married you knowing that I will get all these opportunities, to at least afford a ring for my fiance. Obviously Sun didn’t take it well, but through the duration of this marriage I was in love with one girl, that was Sun,” This all came an utter shock to Jessica. Hearing the first of this, Jessica oculd have sworn to drop dead right there. “But you said you loved me?” Jessica reminded Donghae the words he used in the past. 


“I only did that because the immigration was seeing right through us, Ren was picking on us. I didn’t know you’d fall for me easily and for that I am sorry,”

Donghae could hear the heart ranching break of Jessica’s heart, tearing him apart as well. “So you’re saying this is all fake, you pretended to love me so that you can use me to come to America to finally marry Sun?” Jesica laughed in utter shock. She didn't know what to do, in disbelief she laughed not knowing how to respond to this. “What about the times when no one was watching us, why didn’t you tell me?”

“You know the immigration, they have their ways and also you are a bad actress, if I told you you would have acted differently,” Jessica stared at her ex husband longer.

“That doesn’t give an excuse that you led me on! Now look at me,” Jessica cried. Just because she let Donghae break all her walls down, see the real her underneath this facade she is now longing to recovery from this bump in her life. This is why she built up all these walls in the first place, to keep people from breaking her broken heart more then its already damage.
“I didn’t think you’ fall for me. I know how hard headed you are. I couldn’t warn you and I’m so sorry for that. I apologize,” Donghae bowed deeply. After his bow he stepped closer to Jessica wanting to give her a hug before he leaves but she retieved and stepped back. Of course he feels guilty for the whole thing, he didn’t think that Jessica could fall for him so hard. A heriress like her, never did he think about it in years.
 

"So all of it was an act?" JEssica asked trying to put it all together. DOnghae nodded, a piece of Jessica's heart broke. "Was Sun acting?" Jessica asked again knowing that it will hurt to hear the naswer, but she had to ask. Donghae nodded once again. Sure Donghae did a bad thing But sometimes you have to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter