Basics of Marriage

Illegal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae hesitantly opened the front door of the apartment. When he opened the door, to his surprise it was… “Hyung? noona? Mia?” 

 

“Donghae!” Donghyeon greeted his younger brother with a big hug lifting him of the ground before entering the apartment at his own invitation. Behind him, Donghyeon’s wife and his 4 year old child followed. “Oppa who is…” Jessica came to a full stop when she saw Donghae’s older brother, and what seems to be his family entering her apartment with their baggage’s which Jessica could tell they are extending their stay. “Surprise!” Donghyeon announced as he gave the younger girl a hug.

She wasn’t to excited to see them in her household especially not this special night, neither  was Donghae. They still acted as if they were welcomed into their house for the sake that they are relatives. “Hi, I’m Donghyeon’s wife,” the elder woman stepped forward and greeted Jessica by shaking her hand. “And this is our daughter Mia,”Donghyeon’s wife introduce her child to Jessica as she held Mia in her arms. “It’s a surprise to see you guys here, in our apartment, in America!” Jessica tried to fake her delight at the same time trying to not sound so sarcastic. When the guest weren’t looking she gave her husband an alarming stare, which he responded by shrugging his shoulders not even knowing that his brother was in town to visit.

“You came in just in time, I was just setting dinner up. If you want to join oppa and I?” Jessica lied. The female guest smiled at the well mannered girl. “Thank you for your offer,” she smiled and followed the owner of the house to the dinner to help set up.

—-

“Sorry for barging in like that, but we came here to surprise you guys, to see how your marriage life is,” Donghyeon explained as he took a spoon full of Jessica’s delicious dish she made in a small time frame. “If you don’t mind, I was wondering if we can stay here for the night?” this was Donghae’s brother asking for help, he is blood relative. There’s nothing they could say but agree to Donghyeon and his family staying in the apartment. Donghae looked at his wife to assure if she was okay with this, Jessica tried to fake it but nodded in response. “You’re welcome to stay as long as you want and when you want,” Donghae told his brother.

With delight, the guests felt welcomed instantly, however the married couple sitting infornt of them felt invaded. “So, unni I didn’t get to see you when I was in Korea, you didn’t even attend my wedding,” Jessica explained as she tried to hold on to a friendly conversation. Little did she know, she was about to learn Donghyeon’s wife has such intriguing mouth.

“Yes, I was attending my grandfather’s funeral in Busan. I took Mia with me so that is why you couldn’t meet us. I wish I was there for the wedding, I heard it was epic,” Jessica nodded agreeing that it was the most epic wedding of the year. “It’s okay, I finally get to meet you now. It’s hard to believe someone as coward as Donghyeon oppa manage to get a pretty girl like you. I remember when I use to visit Korea in the summer he use to crush on this tomboy from across the road where we live,” 

 

The table fell silent, Donghae wanted to rescue his wife but the best he could was to tell her the truth. “Jess, that is noona,” Donghae announced pointing at Donghyeon’s wife. Realizing what she had just said she could have sworn she was about to choke on her food. Darn her blunt mouth and her honesty. “I’m so sorry!” The embarrass Jessica quickly apologised wanting to die right there. 

 

Luckily the latter didn’t take it to heart, she simply laughed it off assuming it was funny as it was the truth anyways, she was the weird tomboy growing up. She went on with the conversation forgetting about her their past conversation, “However, I remember you. you were the rich heiress that scared every nanny away. Who knew you would end up marrying Donghae.”

“You can say she fell for me hard,” Donghae joked receiving a threatening stare from his wife sitting next to him. “I remember you guys use to play in the streets, watching you guys from the play ground you both were so inseparable,” Donghyeons wife further explained. “I remember that one time when at the park when Donghae helped Jessica out of the well,” suddenly the dark memory was arose in their minds again. “It’s was a tragic event for us children playing at the park at that time,” Donghyeon’s wife added. 

 

“Can we acknowledge who pushed me in the well first,” Jessica glared at her husband indicating it was his fault for endangering her life in the first place. “You pushed me and saved me to show off to the other children playing in the park,” this was true in some ways, however Donghae didn’t do it to show off to the other children, he did it to show off to Jessica that he is her life saver. He tried to do it sutelly, but Jessica is to smart not notice it his intensions. “It’s like some things don’t change, how long have you guys been married now?” Donghyeon asked.

“5 months,”

“6 months,”

The two looked at each other as they said different months at the same time. “Ya how can you not remember how long we have been married for?” Donghae accused his wife. “You’re such a bad wife. We have been married for 5 months not 6!”

“Sorry it’s just you have been so irritating that it feels like it has been years since we got married!” Jessica poked her tounge at her proud comeback. Jessica and Donghae’s usual bickering was somehow somewhat weird to watch from a perspective of someone who doesn’t know their relationship in the past. Donghyeon loved watching the two quarrel, even when they were kids. He loved that they weren’t just any other couple, they would quarrel but deep down they love each other very much. He loves the fact that this is their way of expressing their love for each other.

“Wow usually for newly webbed couples, the honey moon stage lasted for several months?” Donghyeon’s wife chuckled laughing at the cute little arguments they were having. She did find it cute but from experience this was not how married couples treat each other, something about it is out of order but she just couldn’t put her finger on it.  “Please it didn’t even last for a week,” Donghae complained.

“We didn’t even get to the honey moon stage at our honey moon,” Jessica added. Suddenly Donghyeon’s wife was confused, if they quarrel all the time, how could they fit the love in their relationship? “But don’t worry!” Donghyeon noticed the crease of the eyebrows on his wife’s face. “Jessica and Donghae are always like this right?” He gave the two a rhetorical question.

“Yeah I guess,”

“Whatever,”

The truth is, Donghyeon’s wife knows nothing about the whole illegal marriage thing. Donghyeon has decided to not tell his wife, which is for the best as she is known to have a big mouth when it comes to big gossip scandals. If the big mouthed wife finds out Donghae and Jessica real intensions of marrying, within minutes everyone in the neighbour hood would know. She believes that Donghae fell out of love with Sun and married Jessica for something a new, which everyone else thinks as well. “Well then,” Donghyeon’s wife continued, “Do you know when you guys are having kids?” she asked.

Jessica manage to choke on her food again, while Donghae’s eyes widen at the blunt question directed towards him and his wife. Having kids was the last thing on their minds. They haven’t even told their parents that they have developed special feelings for each other. “No no, not yet, we are still young,” Donghae defended as Jessica tried to recover from the question by swallowing a lot of water to avoid the question.

Donghyeon did feel some shame in his wife’s bluntness bu at the same time he was secretly smirking to himself, if only his wife knew the kind of relationship Jessica and Donghae have and the story behind their marriage then she would have found it as funny as he finds the situation. “Oh really Donghae? From what I remember you always told Sun how you alw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter