The Ice Princess

Illegal Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jessica!” Donghae called for his wife from their bedroom. The poor guy was struggling with his tie, trying to put it on. It was safe to say he has no experience in this. “Jessica!” Donghae called out again. Jessica popped her head in the room within seconds. “Yes?” Jessica asked her husband who was standing in front of the full length mirror trying to tie his tie. Already he was dressed for Jessica’s father’s party that they had dress promptly to. He was wearing an black Armani suit that made him look very manly. Secretly Jessica was proud of herself for choosing a fitting suit that suited him.

 

 

“Can you help me with the tie,” wearing a tie to his wedding was the only time he has ever wore a tie in entire existence. This is Lee Donghae we are talking about, the Donghae that cleaned floors, acted as a driver and would change bed linens. Lee Donghae has never been to anything so fancy so tying a simple ties war already hard enough for him, yet the high stakes he has for tonight. Being introduced to the rest of Sun Bin's business partners, it was all terrifying. 

 

With all that, he is taking all his frustration out on this simple tie he cannot tie. Luckily his wife is here to save him, the first of many as the night will progress. "Here," Jessica laughed as she fully entered the room after watching Donghae getting all heated up. She was wearing a long branded gown that matched her skin tone. Her make up made her look naturally pretty and her hair was in soft curls. She wasn't wearing anything to extravagant event though the dress was thousands of dollars, Jessica still made it look like a simple dress. This is one of the  many reasons why he loves the girl, she doesn't wear anything to extravagant just something to make her look natural in. That is Jessica's look, the natural look. 

 

"Here," Jessica approached Donghae and helped him fix his tie, something she learnt from attending to these parties for years. Watching her father and Ren get ready for work, watching her mother tie her father's tie. Jessica always enjoyed watching her mother tie her father's tie, it seemed romantic as their heads are inches apart and their body touch. For some unknown reason, Jessica found that romantic. For then on since, she always has the desire to tie her husband's tie.

 

Sure it was with Donghae, but it could be seen as practice for her real husband in the future. She never got to do this to Ren becuase Ren already knows how to tie a tie since he was born. In preschool instead of learning how to tie shoelaces, he was learning how to tie a tie, there is paid help who can tie his shoelace. Still Jessica continued to tie poking fun out of it, Donghae on the other hand was also enjoying it but in another way tat cannot be defined. Their bodies were close, Jessica's face was inches away from him. He doesn't mean to be some ert but Donghae enjoyed this physically. How many times can you say that you get to have this opportunity to get this close with your crush? And if you do, wont you think about how they are touching you? 

 

This was all a dream for Donghae, having the girl he loves beautifully present herself right infront of him. To call her his wife was also a bonus that Donghae didn't even ask for. However, life could be so cruel. It was like giving a kid a taste of some lollies and taking it away once they like the taste. This fitted Donghae's situation, life was letting him have a taste of his dream, but in the long run his fake marriage with Jessica would expire. In a years time, they'll both be going off on to their separate pathways, Jessica is off to New York while he is going to stay in San Francisco working hard to help his family financially. It surely was frustrating.

 

Jessica finished tying the tie, usually she would just leave and leave Donghae to it but instead she stayed. She stayed in that position, gripping on Donghae's tie and looking deeply into his eyes. For a few seconds they stayed like until Jessica let go of the tie and walked out of the room. It was such a weird stunt that Jessica pulled but it wasn't the first time. For days now, since Jessica saw Sun, Jessica has been acting weirdly. Donghae believes that Sun might have said something but every time he asks, she always declines it. It maybe the stress of the party and how everyone will be looking at her as a Lee now. She maybe worried about the responses she will get about her marriage. Jessica has been acting weirdly by zoning out whenever she was with her husband, acting extra nicer to him. It was weird especially for Donghae as they haven't fought for more then a week. Which is completely unlikely for the two. 

 

---

 

On his right arm Donghae had his wife clinging onto it. The perfect looking couple walked into the amazingly decorated ball room in a hotel which was hired by Jessica's father to host his extravaganza. Donghae was certinaly impress as he has never seen anything before, but Jessica didn't give him time to look around as he was introduced to English speaking guest who wanted to meet Jessica's husband. As said before this night has lots of high stakes, it was a night where Jessica and Donghae introduce themselves as a married couple. In Jessica's eyes its all a bad idea, as it is only drawing attention to them bringing a bigger risk of getting caught. In her parents eyes, it's a way to show off their wealth. 

 

Donghae didn't understand most conversations as they are all in english. There were some words he caught here and there, but other then that all he knew is how to greet himself which Jessica taught him. He was just told to smile and nod and let Jessica do all the talking. "Your husband is quite the look, you picked well Jessica," one of Jessica's business partner's wife expressed.

 

Jessica just smiled "Thank you, he is, that's why I chose to marry him," Jessica answered in English as Donghae next to her smiled and nodded as if he understood what they were talking about. "Your father told me he's from Korea?" Another one of Jessica's father's business partners asked. The girl nodded, "He's a childhood friend of mine, I guess you can say we had crushes with each other form a young age," the woman in the conversation squealed, excited to hear something so cheesy yet romantic. "So cute! You're blushing!" another one of the guest pointed out by pointing to Jessica's already red face. 

 

Blushing? Jessica turned to Donghae and reached to his ear, "Is my face red?" Jessica whispered it in Korean. Her husband nodded making Jessica turn bright red, luckily the whole conversation is in English and that Donghae cannot understand. He doesn't even know why Jessica's face is red as a tomato. "It's alright you know, I wish my wife still blushes every time she talks about me. This just shows that your love for each other will never end. So what does you husband do in Korea?"

 

Now the conversation is suddenly getting much more awkward.  Jessica froze not knowing how to answer. How can she tell a group of million dollar business man's and their wife that Donghae is just her servant. Everyone was so busy about planning the wedding and Donghae's papers that everyone else forgot to practice on what they have to say when it comes to situations like this. "He's.." Jessica contiuned hoping a word would come into her mind. 

 

"He's a 'servant'" Jessica and Donghae turned around upon hearing the word 'servant' in Korean. It was Ren, with his infamous devious smirk. Jessica just glared at him knowing he is here to cause some trouble, she knows him awfully to well. He approached the group conversation with a drink in his hand and repeated what he said before using the word servant in Korean. Jessica was getting worried and you can see it in her eyes that's she is about to attack Ren, while Donghae was confused at what is going on. 

"Servant?" on the guest in the group conversation asked, as he used the Korean term for it. Ren smiled as he raised his glass, "What is that?" the same guest asked. "Yes Jessica, what is that?" Ren looked over to Jessica who was standing right next to him. Donghae could feel how Jessica is feeling great as she took her anger out on Donghae's arm, holding to it tightly. He was still oblivious of his surroundings but he knows for sure that he there is some unwanted tension arising. 

 

"Why don't you mind your own business Ren," Jessica told Ren off before facing the others. "I'm sorry but my husband and I are going becuase there are some unwanted guests here, or should I say guest?" The girl's eyes landed on Ren who still had the corners of his lips curved into a smile. He may have won this round but Jessica wasn't going to give into Ren next time around. Sure he is much richer then her, more powerful then her, has more connections then her. What he doesn't have, is a brain like Jessica. Sure he can come up with many idea's and plans but Jessica knows how to fight, she has great comebacks, she can act and can manipulate people. Jessica had the brains while Ren had the money and power. 

 

With Ren's sudden blow, Jessica knew that Ren knows something. He may not know what, but he is suspicious and when he is suspicious he is not afraid to hire people to do his dirty work. The only thing Donghae and Jessica can do right now is keep up the marriage act becuase not only the immigration is not only watching them closely but Ren is too. 

 

"What was that about?" Donghae asked as Jessica pulled him to a totally different direction from Ren and the others. She didn't want to tell Donghae because she knew that he would just stress out over something that can easily be fixed. "Nothing," Jessica faked a smile but through that smile Donghae knew it was fake. The tension he felt earlier was obviously there, so something did go down but he just couldn't keep up because of the English. "Then what was up with the guy saying something about a servant?" Curious Donghae asked. 

 

The two have been fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter