It all started with a kiss.

Kim Jaejoong , My Dream Star .

Around three months later...

 

I moved fast. I felt  different. I knew I was being followed. I tightened my hold to my shoulder bag . 

Hard lif . Even light is still scattered and a lot of people is around me, I'm still not complacent. Come on seriously, who would feel okay when you're in the street, feeling crept out as hell, and with these people staring at me.

When I take a step , every now and then Korean will look at me and say, "Neon jeongmal yeppuda." *

Do you know the meaning of it? Because I don't. 

Awkward.

I made faster and bigger steps like Satan is chasing me with his big fork. Relief pushed over me when I saw a huge bookstore. Right, I'll enter this bookstore and waste my time here. Yes, and I will check new releases.

I was about to push the glass door when someone touched my shoulder. That ing alien turned me around to face- what the . My boss. Yes, Satan indeed. 

"Kyla, it's me," The man said when I was about to scream. This guy scares me everytime I look at his fugly face. Don't get me wrong, I am not a judgmental person. When you have an old guy without manners going gaga over you... you know.

"Boss," I said, suprised. But instead of breathing normally again, my heart beat even faster. I simply moved back so he can remove his hands on my shoulder. Eww, I should take a bath and wash this shirt like ten times.

On the very first day I started this freaking job, I noticed his big crush on me. He was smiling the entire time especially when I greet him. And he often calls me just to make me do mundane things. And yeah, I'm not mistaken because around the  first week since I started this job, he confessed his feelings to me. But I can't say to him no because firstly, he is my boss. Secondly, I really want this job.

I know I have alot of money but, I want to live the simplest way. Feel a little responsibility weighing down on my shoulders for once.

"Sorry , Did I scare you?" He smiled while batting his eyelashes. Trying hard to impress me. But still you are the same fugly frog I met. 

"A little, boss." 

"Don't call me boss. I saw you walking. I was in a restaurant with some friends. I followed you so I can accompany you to your home and I want you to meet my friends. I don't want you to commute this night." He said while grinning.

Instead of being giddy, it chilled my spine. Jesus Christ help me

"Um, sorry bo- Sat ," The name of my boss is Sat. I wished his name was Fray. Because his face is like slashed by Jason on a 13th Friday night. Hah.

"But I have a friend waiting for me. He's upstairs. Probably, he is losing his patience now." I continued, obviously emphasizing the word 'he.'

Please work... please work... 

"Oh, then we can invite him to go with us." 

He didn't get the hint. Idiot 

Well okay let me explain this mean things I say. Yeah, he is kind to me but I feel he is hiding something. Sometimes, I could see it in the glint of his eyes. But it's temporary .

Because he is ing rich, why not fix his nose that is almost going sideways and his deformed eyes! And his face is full of acne marks. I mean, we are in Korea bro! Nothing is impossible even for a sugar daddy.

And why the hell I am the one he likes. I know I'm beautiful but... yeah . Kidding. I just came here and-! Gosh.

"Actually bo- Sat, the person waiting for me is my boyfriend." I said, simply dismissing him. Maybe it will work this time.

I saw the shocked reaction on his face. But after a couple of nanoseconds, he beamed again. 
A smile meaning he doesn't believe me . 

"Really? I can meet him, can't I ?" He asked sadly, but challenge was evident in his eyes. Holy , this old dickhead just won't give up.

I secretly bit my lip. I'm dead. He is really a smart .

The truth is, nobody is waiting for me and you know, I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND.

I can't even speak Korean for Pete's sake! And I just arrived here months ago. God, such a stupid excuse.

"Um, because er, he might get angry if I bring a person with me, especially a man."  I was showing my friendliest smile with my left hand on my waist. I'm getting tired of talking to this guy...

"I'm not different Kyla. I'm your boss." He insisted .

Even before I thought of another way to fend him off, his cellphone rang.

"Kyla, head to the person who is waiting for you. I'll just answer this call , then I'll follow you." He flirtly said. YES HE EVEN HAD THE GUTS TO FLIRT WITH A TAKEN WOMAN WHAT THE ACTUAL-

I think I need to puke right now. 

I know I can't say 'no' so I went inside swiftly. Now what the hell I'm going to do? 

I sighed in frustation and headed to third level of the bookstore. 

 

 

I turned my head left and right. But I can't see anybody that could help me. It's already night so, few are only inside,  and most of them are women. Argh.

I had never been desperate to find a lover. Only today. If I find a man to introduce him as my boyfriend to my boss , I'm sure he'll stop from bugging me. Anybody can help me. But not like him.

My gaze stopped at the man standing in the far right corner. He is wearing a black hooded sweater and denim jeans. Baseball cap and glasses with black frames on. I can't see his face clearly. But he is tall and his posture is good. He looks kind and the type who likes saving people out from trouble. And the desperate ones. 

I took a glance at the escalator or the only way to get to the second floor before I breathed heavily and bravely get close to that guy.

"Excuse me,"  

He turned his head. I took a step back. He had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. I suddenly got embarrassed  when he finally faced me. The man was handsome! Super-duper handsome. He was like a demigod that's lost in this crazy world. Even he was wearing glasses that almost covered up his entire face, it didn't hide his handsomeness. 

His eyes are pretty small, like it's job is to make millions of women die, sharp nose, heart-shaped pinkish lips. I think his skin is much smoother than mine. I feel like I'm so impudent to use him. Worse, he might think that I use it as a strategy to get his attention. 

Now wait a minute, he looks dead familiar... uh.. is this- no. I'll just think about this later.

Anyways, the question is, can he speak English? 

"What do you need?" He asked in a cold, masculine voice. Thank God he can speak English. With an adorable accent. Wow.

How to do this? Lord help me please. 

"Can I ask for your help?" I asked, sounding so desperate

His forehead made deep lines. "If you need help, you should not ask me but the salesladies." 

Snobbish. My fantasy is now ruined.

"Uhm... Well," 

I took a glance on the escalator . My God, I saw the cowlick of my boss!

I got so confused and panicky that I hid behind the guy so my boss can't see me. Luckily, this man has a broad body. 

"What are you doing?" He asked with a trace of annoyance in his voice.

"Look, I am really sorry for this but- my boss slash stalker is there. He was following me here and there." I replied. 

I found myself so pathetic. 

He turned his head to my boss. "He doesn't look like a stalker." He said, sounding not convinced. 

"He is. Please help me." I requested . 

"And how can I help you?" He asked, still not convinced. But he moved a little so I can be covered. 

"I need  someone to pretend as my boyfriend so he can stop." 

He frowned again. He stared at me suspiciously. I even thought that I looked like a cheap girl but I can't think of anything.

I don''t know why my freaking mind is so twisted..

"I will not do that." He said while moving away from me . 

I'm slightly annoyed. He was like saying that I'm not his type. What an arrogant demigod.

Yes. A ed-up demigod. Arrogant demigod. Probably Hades' son.

Due to my confusion and annoyance because my boss saw me, I stopped him, stood on tiptoes and kissed him. 

Suprise was written all over his face. I gave a sweet smile even my heart is beating wildly when I kissed him. 

"Honey, Sorry because I'm kinda late. I met my boss so yeah..." I trailed off upon seeing his confused face. Uhh, did he understand it? 

"Actually he wants to meet you," I continued while making some hand signs. I showed my no-fail puppy eyes. His eyes became slits, obviously saying 'eww' in a subtle manner. 

My boss cleared his throat behind me.

We both turned our heads. I saw my boss' eyes inspecting every part of this man. My heart jumped up and down . Fear, uncertainty, and, envy were written all over my boss' face. I sighed inwardly. I wish this man will grant this desperate request. 

"Um hon- this is my boss, Mr. Kang Sat. Bo- Sat, this is my boyfriend... " I took a glance to him. I didn't get the chance to know his name. He is still serious and not looking at me. You are dead Park Kyla. 

"Jaejoon," He said, while extending his hands to my boss . I finally can breathe normally. Wait, Jaejoon-?! No, no. This can't be.

Sat reached Jaejoon's hand. "Hi Jaejoon, nice to meet you. Now I know why she is almost running to go home." He commented, exposing a perfectly fake smile.

I winced secretly. He didn't know why I want to go home is I want to avoid him.

"She always missed me that badly," He replied while shrugging. Wow, perfect English you got there dude. 

"You look oddly familiar though... have you been on TV?" I can feel Jaejoon stiffen but he doesn't answer. My boss cleared his throat again. "Well, nice to meet you again. I need to get back to my friends in the restaurant. Annyeong, Kyla. "

I raised an eyebrow. Okay I know 'Annyeong' is goodbye. The cute accent is... a major problem. And his creepy voice.

I smiled tightly while waving until he was out of my sight.

I released a ton of carbon dioxide to let out my worries. Then I smiled. "He won't disturb me. That's for sure," I said to myself . 

"You said he is a stalker," 

"Yeah.." I looked up to see Jaejoon. His lips are the first one that caught my attention. When I remembered I kissed him, I looked down and pretended to read the titles of the book on the shelves. 

"He is your boss," He said again.

"Yes, he is my boss but a stalker too. He is always looking at me. He is always sticking to me and I almost died because of nervousness because I thought some alien is following me. I get an allergy when he is close to me. Thank God." I smiled at Jaejoon. "Thank you."

He glared at me."Thank you? That's it? You made me do something that I don't want to do. My talent fee?"

I looked at him, feeling cold all of a sudden. "Are you joking?"

"I don't joke around," He answered seriously . 

So that's why his face is so smooth and no laugh lines because he looked like he doesn't laugh or smile. What a lonely boy.

"So what do you want? No to expensive. I'm poor." No, even though helped me, no, I won't use my card on him. Just no.

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised up. I sighed and continued. "You are not believing me, don't you? You see-" 

"Okay. I'm hungry." 

"You will let a woman pay for your food?" I asked him . What planet this guy came from?

"It will be more ironic if I'll treat you. You're the one who asked for my help." He replied in a matter-of-fact tone . 

I stopped myself from sneering him. "Fine , let's go to McDonalds."

I started walking. 

"I don't eat in fastfoods. I want to eat in an American restaurant."

I badly want to eat too, but I don't like splurging my money you stupid demigod. Yes. Stupid demigod .

"American restau... Expensive!" I complained. "And besides McDo came from America. " I replied mocking his matter-of-fact tone earlier. 

He just rolled his eyes.

"I don't come cheap. My talent fee is high. In fact, I'm worth a franchise of a resto. Your discount is pretty big. " 

I badly want to punch him for his arrogance. It's a good thing it's my pay day today and I can't use my card. "Okay okay, come here."

Come here to taste spaghetti made in hell. I will strangle you and slap you with iron meatballs.

"Good." 

Good? Do you want me to bury you alive?  So ungentleman. 

 

 

 

 

 

****

Heh, what do you think? 

*neon jeongmal yeppuda means you're really beautiful. 

image