Big Decision

If Only I Could Turn Back Time

MIN JUNG's POV

After the classes have ended mom called me and told me to go home immediately as we have some matters to discuss. I texted L and told him I won't be able to meet them cause of I have something to do. Surprisingly he also said the same thing. 

Upon entering our house, I saw mom and dad talking seriously at the living room. I went to see them.

"Sit here honey" said Mom

" what's wrong? Why do I feel like it's sometjing very important?" I asked them.

 

"Well, it is indeed important. You see our company is facing recession right now, and if we don't do something about it we might lose the company that your mother and I have built." Dad said.

"Then what solution were you thiking?" I said.

 

"Honey, this is the only way we can solve this problem. I hope you'll understand us. Were doing this for your own good." Uttered Mom.

" you're going to marry L", said Dad.

 

"WHAT? are you kidding me? Mom, Dad you know he has a girlfriend. And besides you know he's my bestfriend I can't do that!" I replied.

"Exactly why we chose him, cause he is your bestfriend. And his parents are our closest friends, and they already agreed with it. They want you to be their daughter in law." Dad exclaimed.

"But........why did you suddenly decided to do this without even consilting me first!" I shouted and run for my room while crying.

I cried as I repeated in my mind what mom and dad said. I'm crying cause I know L won't agree, cause he won't love me like I love him. I'm crying cause I know he'll choose Suzy over me.

 

 

L's POV

I drove Suzy to their home then went straight to our house. 

Mom and Dad were waiting for me at the living room.

"L, We need to talk" said Appa.

 

" you know how long we've been friends with Min Jung and her family right?" Eomma asked.

"Yes I do know that Mom, why'd you asked?" I replied

 

"You see son, their company is facing a major problem right and if we don't help them they might lose everything they have built. And we can only think of one solution fir this....you marrying Min Jung." Appa said

 

"What?! Are you crazy? I can't do that! I have a girlfriend. And I don't want to ruin my friendship with Min Jung. Can't you just help her family in another way?" I replied.

"It's the only way L. And besides we want Min Jung to be our daughter in law. Please do it for her and for our family." Eomma said.

" why don't you do it yourself!" I said angrily and walked to my bedroom upstairs.

 

"Arrrgh! Jinjja? Why do they thought of me marrying Min Jung" I muttered. "Aigoo are they crazy?"

 

 

MIN JUNG's POV

As I was crying to my room L called me on my phone.

"Hey so I guess you've heard already about the marriage thing?" He said.

" yes and I thought it was crazy for them to even think about that. So what do we do now?" I replied.

" I really don't know. My mind is not at the normal state to think straight at this moment". He said.

 

" me too. I'm torn in between. I want to help my parents but at the same time I don't want to hurt you and Suzy. I know how much you love her." I said while crying over the phone.

 

 

L's POV

I Called Min Jung to talk about the "marraige thing" 

" hey so I guess you already heard about the marriage thing? I said

" yes and I thought it was crazy for them to even think about that. So what do we do now?" Asked Min Jung

"I really don't know. My mind is not at the normal state to think straight at this moment." I replied her.

"Me too. I'm torn in between. I want to help my parents but at the same time I don't want to hurt you and Suzy. I know how much you love her" uttered Min Jung while sobbing.

 

It hurts me to hear her crying cause she's my bestfriend. I was supposed to cheer her up bur here I am making her cry cause she's thinking about me and Suzy. While all I ever think about was what will happen to my relationship with Suzy. I was so selfish, bestfriends should help one another but here Iam thinkibg only about myself.

Then I did what will change our lives forever.

" hey don't cry. You're making me sad. I don't want my bestfriend to cry.". I said

"I'm so sorry for causing you this trouble L. I really am sorry." She said.

"Don't be sorry. Min Jung, let's get married. I will do it. I will do it for you." And there goes the line that both of us shocked.

 

 

 

MIN JUNG's POV

L told me the most shocking thing ever.

"Don't be sorry. Min Jung, let's get married. I will do it. I will do it for you." Said L

"What in the world L? Are you crazy? Don't do this out of pity L. I know you're only doing this cause you pity me.  I don't want your relationship with Suzy to be destroyed." I said.

" I'm doing this not because of pity, but because I love you cause you're my bestfriend. Don't worry about Suzy, I'll explain everything to her." Replied L.

"But....." I said..

Suddenly I thought about this crazy idea that I know would make L happy. Its the only thing I can think of so L and Suzy won't be apart ( sounds so martyr huh? Well that's what love acan do ti you. Even if it hurts as long as you see that someone special happy then it's ok) 

 

" what if we get married but eventhough I'm going to be your wife,  Suzy will still be your girlfriend. I won't mind it, it's the least I can do for you L. I don't want to ruin your relationship with her. It's going to be our secret. We won't tell your parents about this. " I said (gosh did I really said that)

"You sure about this? Can you do that for me? Please I don't want you to get hurt." He said.

"I'm sure. I know being with Suzy makes you happy. And I want my bestfriend to be happy", I replied. 

"Ok then! Thank you for doing this! You really are the best! I'll tell Suzy about this. Hopefully she'll agree." 

"You're welcome. I'll tell mom and dad now about the marriage. And L, thank you so much for doibg this. I owe you big time. I'll hung up now, I'll sleep it's been a long day. Good night. God bless." I ended our conversation with that.

 

What in the world did I just do? I agreed to marry L and for Suzy to become his girlfriend even if were going to be husband and wife? 

Jeongmal micheoseo MinJung! Aigooo.... well at least it will keep my friendship with L and it will make him happy. What can go wrong right? Besides I have chosen this I will bear the pain that's with it. Even if it hurts, even if I cry, I will still do this, cause I love him. 

 Maybe I need rest now. To clear my mind. And just tell eomma and appa tomorrow about my conversation with L.