Eyesight

If Only I Could Turn Back Time

MIN JUNG'S POV

It's been 3 weeks since the transplant..and my eyes are still covered with bandages to prevent infection. The last time we spoke to Dr. Woo, he said the bandages will be removed two days from now. I can't wait to see Myungsoo's face again. I really missed seeing him.

I kept on remembering how Myungsoo's face looks like. And it made me smile widely and blush a little.

I didn't know that he was staring at me until he said, "Babe, what are you thinking? And why are smiling like a crazy person?" Then I heard him chuckle.

"Omo you saw me? Aissshh" I said and I hid my face on my palms. 

" aigoo you're so cute when your blushing baby" he replied then hugged me.

 

"Seriously baby what are you thinking?" He asked me

I was shy to tell him about it then I just told him quickly. "Iwasrememberinghowyoulooklike. AndhowexcitedIamtoseeyouagain." I said that with no pause, no breathing. Then I hid my face on his chest to hide my red cheeks.

He laughed at me. "What? I didn't understand a thing. Can you repeat it. And.this time say it slowly." He said.

"Yah you will just laugh at me again if I say it." I replied, then pouted.

"I won't laugh. Promise." He replied.

"I said I was remembering how you look like and how excited I am to see you again." Finally I said it without hesitation. 

"Oh so you missed my handsome face? Don't worry babe this handsome guy is all yours". He proudly said.

"Aigoo conceited much baby?" I replied chuckling.

 

 

*skip to revealing day*

 

"Mrs. Kim today is the day. I'm gonna remove your bandages and we'll see how the operation goes." Dr. Woo said.

To be honest I was nervous. What if the operation did not go well like what we have anticipated. Aisshh I'm thinking too much. Myungsoo must have sensed my nervousness cause he suddenly held my hand and said "everything will be alright baby".

 

As I felt my bandages being taken away by Dr. Woo my nervousness grew a little bit more.

Soon I can feel that all that's left are the two patches on both my eyes. Dr. Woo carefully removed them as well. Then he spoke. "You can open your eyes now Mrs. Kim." And I did what he told me.

 

 

 

 

 

MYUNGSOO'S POV

slowly Min Jung opened her eyes. Her eyes were squinting a little. Maybe adjusting to the light. Me and Dr. Woo waited for a few minutes so she can get acustomed to the surroundings. 

Then we heard her shriek a little. 

I thought something's wrong but then she spoke.

"Baby! I can see again! I can see things again! Although not yet clearly. But I can see!" Then she cried tears of joy. I hugged her immediately. I knew it will be successful. I cried too due to happiness. Finally my wife can see again.

"Mrs. Kim congratulations! The transplant went well. Well about the blurry things, it's normal as you can see. Cause your eyes are still adjusting to the light and surroundings. But after a few days it will be clear. You still have to stay here for a few days for final observations before letting you go home. I'll leave you both now. Congratulations again." Dr. Woo said then shook my hand and Min Jung's before he left us.

 

I hugged her again. I was really happy she finally got her eyesight back. Thanks to Onew-hyung. 

"Baby I want to see you". She suddenly said. 

So I faced her, then she stared at me. I was waiting for her reaction. Then she touched my cheeks, then my nose, my eyes then my lips.

As she was doing that she was crying.

"I missed your face so much Myungsoo. Although it's not totally clear yet but still I can see the outlines well. Oh gosh I missed your handsome face baby". She said then hugged me tightly. 

I hugged her back and it was one of the happiest moment of our lives.