Hello, Choi Seung Hyun of YG Group.

You're My Wife.

'Is he for real?'

"Seunghyun ah, what are you doing?" All eyes in that room were on him.

"Are you... probably his ex or something?" Sajangnim asked me this time.

I widen my eyes at his question and glared at that guy.

"Ex my ." I muttered to myself.

 

"Don't you hear me? I said leave!"

Whoah. Look at this ahjussi's temper. I would have jabbed him or kicked him on his just if this wasn't his territory. 

Nevertheless, I kept myself calm and gave him my bored eyes.

 

"Moving on, this is the result of the mentioned project earlier. As you can see.." I focused on my slides back, grabbing all the attention. From the corner of my eyes, I can see small smiles from the directors.

Hell yeah, I'm so immune to this kind of scumbag. 

"Hah." I can hear him gasped in disbelief.

"Do you think I'm playing arou--"   "It's either you sit down and listen or you can just excuse yourself. I apologize, but we're all doing very fine without you since just now...... Choi Isanim." 

Before he could stop me again, I cut him.

I was thaaaaat close in securing a position here. No way on earth I'll allow him to mess this up, this time. Especially after he put my baby in a mess.

"Though I hope you can be a bit more professional... Well is that too much to expect? I wonder." I continued with my stern voice.

"Right. What happened to you? This is not like you at all." One of the director asked.

And for the hundredth time in that morning alone, he gave me the I've-already-killed-you-in-my-mind look again, to which I replied with my best I-don't-care-cause-I've-killed-you-too look.

 

I don't normally hate people without knowing them first. I don't judge people too. But this guy right here is one special case. As soon as he opened his mouth, I can't suppress the urge to hate him like there's no tomorrow. 

 

I signed to him to have a seat at the empty table. Not waiting for his response, I continued with my slides and ignored the small laughter I received from the directors.

 

 

After for what it felt like years, I finally got to finish my presentation with so much difficulties. That just have a loooot of questions to ask. Like for every slides, I would say?

'Who on earth does he think he is? Does he owns the company or what? Whose son is he?'

"Actually I've heard a lot of stories about you. It's a good thing to have you here, interviewing you and sharing opinions with you young lady, who knows a lot. It's a really good time." Hwejangnim said, with other directors nodding afterwards. Except that scumbag who showed like he wanted to puke at the compliment.

"It's too exaggerating. I still have a lot to learn, and a lot to improve. There's still a long way for me to go." I said from the bottom of my heart. 

"I have a question.... What actually is an accountant doing in architecture field?" And again, a question from the scumbag of the year.

'Wait. Why am I being so bad towards him? This is so not me.' I should stop cursing him in my mind. After that one whole morning doing so.

 

"As I mentioned earlier, my major is in Accounting and Finance.. but actually, it would be a waste for anyone who can do accounting just to sit behind the computers. From the figures, these people knows a lot and actually capable of running the entire company on their own. You see, the knowledge of accounting is like a back bone to whatever field I'll be joining, because everything is all about money, records... accounting. In other words, it's good to understand the financial reports on your own and make a decision out of it, no matter in what field you're in. And for my case, I don't do architecture on my own. I give out ideas, I do researches, I settle the presentations, proposals and also meeting the clients part. I work together with architects as a team. So don't worry that someone who doesn't even have knowledge about the field can't do well in that particular field. I mean, as long as you put in much effort and interest, the result will surprise you."

That guy didn't look satisfied with my one meter long answer.

"But since you don't have the knowledge of that field, how do you make sure that you'll make the right decision in any situation? I mean, you still have to know about that field too. You can't just decide based on your accounting knowledge. It doesn't make any sense."

"Well to begin with, I don't believe in taking the right decisions. I take decisions and make it right. Anyone can make mistakes in decision making, but the most important part is that, what are you going to do to make it right? And as I mentioned just now, I work as a team. I've also learnt from past experiences and I always have the passion for it."

"I see. Next question. Your resume states that you were the managing director of GS Group, and before that you've worked in Daewoo Corporation... You've changed company in a short period of time, I would say. And both are big companies too. So ummm, is changing companies your habit or something? Don't get me wrong. It doesn't look good on your resume too.... Why did you leave your last job?" He asked again.

I knew someone would raise this issue up. Luckily I have googled a few of sample answers last night.

"I have worked with the last company for four years and the company before that, since I've graduated from school. Throughout these period, I have learned a lot from working with amazing entrepreneurs. I worked my way up from a normal executive up to managing director for the past years and the regions I've led, had beat both my ex companies' sales projections by at least 25% each quarter since, as I state in my resume... I've been in a very comfortable zone. However, I'm starting to feel like I need some new challenges in order to improve and grow up. So that's why I eventually left."

So brilliant!

"But you don't even know what position you might get here. And you don't expect us to hire just anyone and make her our CEO or CFO straight away, right? Despite of being how great you are... And let say if you even make it, you do aware that the salary of your future position might be way lesser than what you've been earning before, right? Is that still fine?"

"Yes it is still fine. As long as you put me in the front line, cause I like meeting people.. I'd be more that thankful. About the position... Well, I can just work myself up, right?"

That guy gave me a 'meh' face.

"Very positive. High confidence. I always thought accountants are boring ladies. Like with huge spectacles, pimples, stuttering." He said to which earned laughter from everyone in the room, including me, despite of giving a fake laugh.

'Haa bastard is just being bastard.'

"Next question. How do you prove yourself that you're not actually going to betray us and sell our information out or you're not a commercial spy, or something?" He asked again.

I smiled at his question.

"You tell me, would you step out of your comfort zone just to spy on other company? Plus, what company send off their director to spy on others?.... And betrayal is something that I would never ever do, but of course, it's still too early to trust me, supposedly?"

"Good if you understand." He let out a small smirk as he locked his eyes with me. I just kept calm as usual.

 

As everyone can sense the tension aura between me and that guy building up, one of the director with the cardboard 'PARK HONG JUN DIRECTOR' in front of him, asked.

"Umm, I'm not trying to discriminate females and males, but you do know that this field, or any other field, at the top are mostly conquered by men. What makes you think that you can compete with them?"

I smiled. "Sometimes the best man for the job, is a woman. Someone told me this sayings before and I've been doing well because of it until today. Actually there aren't any difference between man and woman. If you want to talk about maternity leave, of course that's a difference case. But mostly people said that they will not hire a woman for a certain position because we are not emotional intelligent. We make decisions with heart, not with mind, they said." That scumbag nodded so hard at my point.

"But don't tell me there's not even a woman who make it to the top? And are all guy emotional intelligent? I don't think so." I took a glance at that guy. He's one of them. So not professional! I mean, daa, what happened outside the company, should remained outside. He glared at me back.

"Woman, who make it to the top, in fact, there are a lot. It has been increasing for the past years, domestically and internationally. To me, it's just a not very wise statement that I will need to brush it off. And if you want to look at it, there's always another options to solve it. Even the maternity leave part. Maybe she can work at home, attending conference or meeting online. With technologies, everything is possible. So I never think being a female is something I should scared of or would be my disadvantage, up till this day." I continued with full confidence.

I received a few nods from the directors.

"Well I guess we can wrap this up. We'll discuss about it and our side will contact you soon." Sajangnim said as a wrap.

Feeling exhausted like I just got back from a war, I packed up my things. After saying thanks, I excused myself to leave the room. 

 

"Pheew, what a day."

 

 

 

[Choi Seunghyun's POV]

 

"I want her in." Park Hong Jun voiced out right after Jihyun left the room.

"Me too me too." No Seung Hwan said while chuckling as cheerful as he always is.

"Well.... She looks reliable." Yang Hyun Suk Sajangnim uttered his opinion too.

"Right? Hyung did you see when she answered our questions just now. Uuuh, I get goosebumps." Park Hong Jun said to the Yang brothers.

"Teddy Park, who's your hyung? Didn't I tell you to call me sajangnim during office hours?" Sajangnim replied with his hand almost smacking Hong Jun's head.

"Ah, I'm sorry.."

"Hold on. Sajangnim, hwejangnim. She's just.. Normal. I know this kind of girl. They only talk a lot but when it comes to work, they can't do it well." I voiced out, clearly unpleasant with the fact that Jihyun is favored by the other 4 big powers in YG. No way!

"And what position should she joins as? We already have enough people." I added.

"Seunghyun ah, if someone great like Jihyun ssi wants to join our company, even there's no position too, we should make one. Even there is no room too, we should build one. Even there's not enough desk and chair for her too, we should order new one. That's just how good having her here is. Do you still remember why she left Daewoo Co.? I forwarded the information Seungri got from his so-called reliable cables to all of your emails this morning. Did you even read?" Hong Jun asked.

"Yes I did. That's why I hit someone's car this morning on the way here." I sighed at the fate of my new car. 

"Not just someone. I hit some fierce ahjumma. Ahhh. So scary." I acted out and they laughed. I didn't really want to mention that the ahjumma is Jihyun.

"Your i8?" Sajangnim asked suddenly, totally shocked.

I nodded as I made a loud whining sound.

"Okay, back to the topic. The reason is actually because her project partner sold off their ideas to their competitor company." Hong Jun paused.

"Jeez can you imagine that? After all those efforts you put in, your partner just sold off your idea and tell you at the very last minute, through text! He doesn't even show up. Imagine how she felt when she saw her projects was being presented by other company. Right before her turn. That's why Daewoo withdrew from the public open tender last minute that year. And the daebak part is that, Daewoo put the blame on her because she didn't take care of the situation properly. Aigoo, if I were her, I will change company too. But of course after I kill that bastard, and Daewoo's CEO. Anyway, she doesn't even blame anyone and she even complimented her company just now. Can't you see, how good she is?" Hong Jun explained exasperatedly.

"Aish but hyunggg.." I whined.

"Seunghyun ah, since when you're not this professional? Gwenchana. We all do mistakes. It's okay to work with your ex in the same company. And plus, Dong Wook is resigning too, to open up his own company. So Jihyun can just fill in his spot. Just nice." Hong Jun explained.

"Okay hyung. First of all. She's not my ex! I don't even know her." I defended harshly to which Hong Jun made a if-you-say-so face. "And second, if Jihyun fills Dong Wook's position....... Then it means, she'll be in my team?" I cringed at the fact of working with that fierce ahjumma.

"You guys would make a perfect team. You'll contribute the inputs, and she'll generate the outputs. You told me before right, that presenting projects and meeting clients are not your ? Then why not take someone like her into your team? She's very good in those. Out of all projects she presented so far in this field, there's only a few that were rejected. Do you know that?" Hong Jun said in enthusiasm as if he knew her for years.

"B-b-but hyung, what if she sells out our ideas. Are you sure she's trustworthy enough?" I whined. 'Nooo! I don't want to work with that ahjumma. Jebal.'

 

"Seunghyun ah, since when you've become like this? You never reject someone without a solid excuse. And you're always so positive." Hwejangnim who had been silently watching, suddenly asked.

I know I don't have any chance to fight anymore. Especially when our chairman has liked her.

"It's nothing. It's just... I just.. Maybe had a little too high expectation on her. I thought it's going to be someone with an incredible aura, but turned out just to be a talkative ahjumma." I sighed exasperatedly making them burst into laughter.

But actually it was the truth though. When I heard that someone great would come in to interview, I got so hyped up. Especially when I heard it was a female. And when I read through her working story from the email, I feel like I knew her for a long time. I felt warmth and I felt her spirit. And I saw myself in her too. That's what I don't like. She's clearly a dominant. An alpha. So am I. But I still thought maybe I can be nice and treat her like a dongsaeng so that we can work together.

Who knows I would bumped into her this morning! And I don't even know that it was her. I mean, I should have seen her photo on her resume. But sajangnim said I might like her before talking to her in person cause she's pretty, so later on I can't judge her from her skills. 

'Just what kind of bull is that?' But who knows it would turned out this way. 

'And man, she cursed a lot!' I'm so not into girls who curse. I mean, I do curse too but it's like twice a year? And she's a girl. A girl shouldn't curse. 

'And recalling all the ing this and ing that she spat this morning, heol. She likes ing so much, I see.' This is what happen when you sent your children to study abroad. They brought back those wild cultures. 

'But I'm so good. I study abroad too but I grew up so well. Anyway, I should tell Jiyong about this! But of course, after I settle my car first.' I sighed for the umpth time on that day.