Bingu

You're My Wife.

I wonder if he's still mad about that day. I mean, ever since the first day I met him, we would bicker non stop instead of having awkward moments like today.

Maybe he is still mad. I sighed at the thought.

After I slashed my refillable zoo card as payments, I made my way back to the table with both drinks in my hands.

 

"Oh, I should have gotten the bill." He said in his hoarse voice.

"Nah it's cool. I don't think you purchase the zoo card anyway. They don't use cash in here. Only this refillable card." I paused.  "Here you go." 

And passed him his Iced Americano as I slurped on my milkshake.

Dang it's so good!

 

"You like chocolate?" He suddenly asked. Awkwardly, if I may add.

Seriously, Seunghyun? What kind of a start is that?

"I looooove chocolates." I answered smiling anyway.

"What about you? Are you like, a coffee person?" I asked. "Jamkkanmanyo." I cut him right before he answers.

"Can you take off your shades?" I asked laughing slightly.

 

He was dumbfounded but then obeyed as he chuckled.

"I'm sorry I don't really like it when someone talks to me with his shades on." I continued to slurp on my milkshake casually.

"Mianhae. I feel insecure without my shades." He said half joking. Well, it was relatable.

But wait, did he just use informal speech with me?

 

"So where were we? Coffee?" He asked as he locked his eyes with me. Damn, that strong gaze. 

Now, I kinda regret asking him to take his sunglasses off.

I nodded and smile nervously.

"Yes I love coffee. Well who doesn't?" He said like it's so bizarre for a person not to like coffee. 

"Umm... Me?" I laughed. "I would always go for hot chocolate instead cause I don't take caffeine. But if I must choose coffee or tea, tea it is."

He looked surprise. "Jinjja?"

Banmal again.

 

"Ne.... Umm, so Seunghyun ssi, should we talk about this?" I pointed to the envelope on the table. He said we need to meet prior to work-related stuffs which I assumed in the envelope. And, I still need to go to the shelter and boutique later. I'm such a busy woman!

 

"Oh yes. Sure. Please read first." He said as he passed the envelope to me.

I opened the envelope carefully and start reading the details. It was an offer letter.

Oh, yes!

"Should I brief you on how YG works?" He suddenly asked.

"Yes, please." I took my eyes off the paper to focus on Seunghyun.

 

"Okay. So where do I start... Hmm....YG Group, a young but well-established company compared to the other big 10 of South Korea. It's only two-generations old, but has expanded tremendously well. It wasn't really that great before, until sajangnim took over. Seriously, Yang Hyun Suk sajangnim is on another level.... Up till today, we have a lot of subsidiaries namely, YG K+ Construction, a construction company that works closely with us the head of YG Group; YGEX Investment Management, was known as Phoenix Holdings Inc. before we bought over. We provide services like any other investment management companies, and now we have branches in Korea, UK, US, Japan and China; then we have our own furniture lines, The Black Label Furniture, which is doing great too, inside and outside of the country. And lastly, our latest project, the HIGHGROUND Hotels & Resorts, which is still in construction. Well if you wanna know more, you can just go on Naver."

 

I nodded. Okay, I know that much. Hyo Joo briefed me as well. But we couldn't access the shareholders' part. 

 

"You met most of the big people in YG Group in your interview. So there's Yang Hyun Suk sajangnim, the President. His younger brother Yang Min Suk hwejangnim, the chairman... Even though he's the chairman, he's just there to fill up the position. He's not active in the management side and he only have like, what? 9% shares in YG? And sajangnim has around 22%. The other shareholders are like our employees, customers, publics, Samsung, Hyundai, Asiana Airlines and etc. which holds like, I don't know.. At most 5% each I would say?.." Seunghyun paused to slurp on his drink before he continued,

"Ah right! There's one public shareholder in YG Group that holds a lot of shares. Around 16%?"

"A public? That's a lot!" I was surprised. "So I bet, he bought shares from other shareholders bit by bit?" I assumed.

Not him right?

"Yes. And from what I hear, he holds quite some percent of shares in 6 out of the big 10 in our country as well... So, because he holds a lot of shares, he attends not only annual meeting, but any meeting, regularly, front seat. And he has influence in any decision making.. I repeat, any."

"Wow, how old is he? Is he still single?" I asked in an obvious joking manner.

 

Seunghyun gave me a skeptical look. "I wouldn't suggest for you to try him because his temper is no joke... But well, your temper is not bad either."

I gave him a glare. Well, if he's Jiyong, I would have hit the back of his head. But he's not. And he's older than me. So yeah.

"So what does he work as? Is he in the industry?" I was curious.

"Definitely not in the industry but.... I have no idea what he works as, well part of it maybe because I don't really care?" 

I rolled my eyes at his answer.

 

"Jealous much?" I provoked. But he laughed.

"I have more than enough money to spend on myself, so nah."

Oh I totally forgotten about his medicine business chaebol-turns-minister family.

"Next?" I demanded for him to continue.

 

"Right, just thought that I need to give you some heads up since you'll meet him soon. Even though you're accepted in YG, it's still unofficial. You still need to get at least half of the board of directors' votes. Though you can actually lay back cause you're well-acknowledged in this industry, don't you?" He rolled his eyes as he said that.

Hey, what's with that eye roll!

"So you might not have a problem in gaining their trust. Butttt, I'm not sure about that one guy."

Well if he's trying to make me feel nervous, then he succeeded big time.

 

"But anyway, those worries can wait..." He finished up as he signed to the paper, asking me to carry on. 

"Ah... Ne.." I fixed my eyes on the paper as I go through the contract.

 

"Should I sum that up as well?" He suddenly offered after 5 seconds of silence.

"You sure have no chill." I said under my breath.

 

"So you'll be on a three months probation period where--"    "Three months probation period?! You're kidding." I cut him.

Like hello, I am Jun Jihyun.

"Everyone else go through the same. What makes you think that you deserve a special treatment, Jun Jihyun ssi?" He's kinda y when he's serious. And that voice!

"So in YG, during these three months, you're called as a trainee."

"A trainee?" I slurped on my milkshake.

 

"Yes, but no worries. You'll only have to work closely with the executives. Including me."

"Well that's a lot to be worried about." I can already imagine him being bossy and ing around.

"Well that's depends on your performance."

Both of us locked our eyes together, like we are in a staring competition. In a zoo?

Or we're like shooting drama, the part that involves staring and some dramatic music as background.

Seriously?

 

I broke into a creepy smile when something hit me,

"Speaking of performance.... How long have you been in this industry, again?"

 

He looked at me suspicious. "Around... almost 5 years.. Wae?" He cocked his eyebrow upon replying.

My smile turned bigger. I mean, even though I am not an architect myself, I've been working very closely with architects and I contributed as much as them.

"So.... In terms of seniority, I am the sunbae, right?" I cocked my eyebrow too. He should know when did I first start my career because he saw my resume.

I've been working part time ever since I finished high school in a small architecture firm in Korea, where I started as the junior account assistant. But then, because it was a very small company and there wasn't enough employees, I get to learn a lot about architecture since I need to help around the architects at that time. And my roles got bigger as I further my studies. I did a lot of part times when I was in the UK too. Basically, I knew as much as them, theoretically. But it's just that my drawing so hard.

His face changed into a such unpleasant expression. Knowing that I caught him on his tongue, I continue,

"But why do you keep using banmal speech? Do I look easy?" I said with my best witch aura and expression.

 

"Jamkanman....yo. It-it's true that you're the sunbae in the industry. But," He broke into a small smile. "In YG, I am the sunbae, isn't it?"

, I should have thought of that.

"B-but we're not in YG now!"

"And we're not working either."

 

Both of us went silent. Then, who's the senior now?

Well this is my territory, does it count...?

"Since we're not working right now, so there's only an oppa here."

I swear I saw him smirked for a second there!

I snorted at his remark.

"Oppa my ."

"Oh, one thing I forgot to tell you. All executives in YG goes by oppa, noona, hyung, eonni. You better get used to it." He smiled cheekily like a 5-years-old.

 

Well his PA told me that once. What's his name again? Mina? Minu?

"Or, I don't mind you calling me sunbaenim.. That sounds better too." He continued.

I closed my eyes. Ouch, can you hear my pride crumbling into pieces?

"Whatever Seunghyun." I said under my breath.

"So, you can take all the time you want and read the documents at home. Just fax it back to YG when you're ready."

 

I don't think he even want me in, isn't it? I eyed him suspiciously.

"So next... Let's talk about the car accident." He shifted in his seat.

"Oh right! I just picked up my car this morning... Wait, let me find the bill." I said as I go through my phone. I hope I didn't delete the digital receipt.

"That was fast."

I just ignored him. Like, what is there to talk about? He's at fault. He should pay. And done.

"Ah, found it!" I showed him the receipt in my phone.

 

"Arasseo....yo. Just send me the receipt and your bank account number. I'll get it done asap."

"Good." I said as I send over the file to him and my account number as well.

His phone beeped twice, signing that he received my texts.

"Efficient." There's sarcasm in his tone. But I faked a sweet smile anyway.

 

"So, next.."  "Wait, what else do we have to settle?" I was actually already about to stand up.

Bingu is waiting for me! Even though he doesn't look like he's waiting for me or even remember my existence, but yeah. I took a glimpse at Bingu who's playing with other volunteers.

"Don't tell me you're rushing for that tiger over there?" He looked at me like I'm supposed to choose him over Bingu.

"Hey, he has a name." I looked at Seunghyun enjoying his Iced Americano.

"What? Sabor?" Seunghyun chuckled before he shook his head and continue slurping on his drink.

 

"No. It's Bingu." I looked at him without emotion. Sabor is the lion character in Tarzan. Not funny.

Seunghyun suddenly choked on his drink.

"B-bingu?" He said before he coughed like hell. Ouch, that must have hurt so bad.

"Yeah. And Sabor is a lion, not a tige--- You okay?" I would pat him on his back if we're close. But we're not. So yeah.

"Y-yeah. I'm good.. Wh-why Bingu?" He looked confuse.

I smiled and looked at Bingu.

 

"Cause he is one. Look at that.." I pointed to Bingu who's playing hide and seek with the volunteers. Like, what kind of tiger plays hide and seek? He's just acting like a cat. A huge playful cat. Lazy and weird sometime. It almost seems like he doesn't know how to be a tiger. And we can't even put him together with other tigers cause he's such a big coward!