Candidate #3

You're My Wife.

"Oh!.. How many days have it been?"

"Four! Turning five tomorrow."

"Ummmm.... Normally they'll tell you after three working days." Jiyong replied with a cute thinking face.

"Oh.... I think I didn't make it then." I felt so down instantly.

"Shouldn't be too. They will inform you even sooner if you're not accepted. That's how YG works."

A tiny bit of hope lighted up in me.

"And, don't forget the designs." Jiyong suddenly reminded me. I hummed a yes as I reached for the drawing pad, files and papers at the back passenger seats.

Jiyong sketched new idea for men shoes for the upcoming season. He's basically my advisor too, and sometimes would follow me for material hunting.

"Gomawo Jiyong ah. Text me once you reached home." I said as I waved at Jiyong, eyeing his hot Lamborghini's in the process.

He nodded and waved back before speeding off.

Dang, listen to that y sound.

 

I slapped my thigh once I realized that I forgot to ask him that Choi guy's phone number. Jiyong might have his phone number right, since they work in the same place? I cursed myself for the umpth time for leaving his business card in the car.

I needed to call him and ask for my repair money. Turned out my insurance will cover only half of the amount because I didn't repair in any of their authorized workshop. I am so changing insurance after this! They always rush me to pay insurance to them but when I want to claim, they will always take a long time, saying that they have a lot of procedures to follow.

 

"Was it Choi Seungyoon? Or Choi Sunghoon?" I asked myself as I walked towards the entrance.

 

I was about to punch in the code to my unit but I realized the door was slightly ajar.

Someone came?

The people who have access to my unit are eomma, Minah, Jihyo, Shinhye and Jiyong. But wouldn't be any of them now.

I walked inside, closed the door properly behind me and my eyes caught the familiar black leather slippers on the floor.

"Oh, you're back?" He smiled widely, showing off his perfect teeth.

And of course, another one who has my code, is Ji Chang Wook, the cute doctor neighbor. I know the code to his house too.

 

"What are you looking for?" I slipped into my house slippers and plopped onto the sofa, ignoring Chang Wook who's searching for something from my fridge.

Man, my body ache everywhere and my stomach is bloated.

 

"I was looking for something I can put inside my stew but then I forgot, you're the queen of instant food." He closed my fridge and joined me in the living room.

"Where did you come from? Have you eaten?" He asked.

I hummed a yes with my eyes closed tightly.

"Accompany me eat." He asked, more like a demand.

I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"What did you cook?" 

"Kimchi jjigae, gyeran mari, japchae."

I closed my eyes back. "Not tempting enough." But anything he cooks is super good.

"I was about to order fried chicken though... Hot, crispy, crunchy, spicy, sweet fried chicken.. With some cold beer.. Ahhhhh... It's okay if you don't want, more for me then." He was already at the door.

I sat up right away. Dang, who can resist fried chicken with beer at this hour?

 

"I'll be there in 15!" I rushed into my room to take a shower. Chang Wook just laughed and left to call the chicken place, I guess.

 

The first time I met Chang Wook was at the condominium car park. I guess at that time, both of us just came back from work, and he suddenly greeted me and started to ask about my car, like where did I modified, how much, what are the problems afterwards and all those stuff. Turned out he's driving Audi too and was looking for a good workshop to modify. At first he thought I was just driving my boyfriend's car or brother's car, because my badass baby doesn't look like it has a woman as owner.

At that time, I just moved in for a couple of days and when there's someone that handsome came and talked to me first, of course I wouldn't let go the chance. We talked a lot and as cliche as it is, he's just my neighbor.

Since that day onwards, we became quite a best friend because he's so into cars too. Until one night, I passed out at the corridor because of fatigue and he was the one who carried me to the hospital. At that time, I got to know that he's a doctor. What a major turn off!

When eomma knew about it, she made a total chaos and begged Chang Wook to look after me whenever he got time. She took down his phone number too and nagged around, saying that I live alone and even if I pass out or die in the house, no one will know. She even said that she got no choice but to trust him since I don't really have other friends who live in the condo. Gosh, is this a condo or a hostel? How old am I?

Anyway, that's the story of how we ended up having each others' passcode and became even more closer to each other. He's like another Jiyong. I can really have a heart to heart talk with him and he know most of my stories. He always checks on my medicine and top up anything that I'm running out of too, for free.

And he is a really decent man. He's so kind, really can be trusted and cooks really well. But too bad, he's taken. He even told his girlfriend about the situation and we ate together a couple of times.

However, I don't really think the girlfriend likes me. Of course I won't like me too if I'm in her place. Like some random girl my boyfriend has to pay attention too? But she didn't treat me badly even. We just can't seem to click with each other. Just yet.

 

Later that night, after having some catch up session with Chang Wook and eat until we become a pig session, he kicked me out of his house cause he need to wake up early tomorrow. What a jerk.

 

 

[Choi Seunghyun's POV]

 

"Should I call... Or not.... Call..... Or not.." It was 11.30pm, which meant I've been hesitating for 25 minutes. I've already have Jihyun's phone number saved in my phone. It's just a click away to call her but I'm hesitating, still.

It has been a couple of days since the accident occured. Being a gentleman I am, I feel  guilty to just let it pass. After a few days of thinking, I finally came up with a conclusion that I was at the wrong side. I took my car today from the regular workshop. They repaired it so fast as usual since I know their boss. I was wondering what happened to her car? Does she even has other car to use? The fact that she's not even from any chaebol family made me felt more guilty. 

But hey, she's rich too! Even though she's not from any chaebol family, she worked her off until she became that rich. Who doesn't know her? Even all those chaebol eommas would want to make her their daughter-in-law.

But it still doesn't mean I can just hit her car and pretend like nothing happened, right?

 

I was about to click call when suddenly a call came in. Startled by it, I clicked accept a little too fast.

"Wow, that was quick." Hyeyoun noona was on the other line.

"Y-yoboseyo? Yes, noona?" I replied.

"Seunghyun ah, abeoji asked you to make time for tomorrow's anniversary dinner." I could hear her son, Yeonjun's voice, calling me from the other side. I chuckled as I could imagine Yeonjun and noona fighting for the phone.

"H-hold on hold on. Let eomma talk first. Yeonjun ah!" "SAMCHON!"

Oh my God, I swear Yeonjun is so cute.

"Seunghyun, don't forget tomorrow. 5pm, Boramae Hospital!" Noona shouted.

"Arasso arasso. See you tomorrow." I replied.

"Samchon." I heard Yeonjun's voice took over. Noona must have lost the fight.

"Ne, Yeonjun ah. Do you miss samchon?" I felt like driving off to noona's house right away and cuddled with that cute little dumpling.

"Umm samchon. Samchon.." 

I let out a smile. I never realize that I missed him calling me like that so much.

"Yeonjun ah, Yeonjuuun.."

 

 

[Your POV]

 

It was 4pm and I was still browsing some proper dress for my third blind date which will be in an hour time.

Today, the guy is eomma's university sunbae's son. It's not from some random sources or her friend's friend's cousin's son kind of guy. Truthfully, when eomma said that he's a doctor, I really wanted to say no. To be honest, I just don't like doctors or hospitals.

When I was a kid, my body has a weak immune system. I got sick often, and I will end up in the hospital often too. And the doctors were kind, it just that they always overreact. They will admit me for a day or two longer, and let me go through unnecessary tests for more money. That's the reason why I hate doctors and hospitals. They take diseases as business. How low can they go?

Anyway, the best part of today's blind date is... He asked to meet up in Boramae Hospital, his ex hospital's anniversary dinner. He's currently working in Samsung Medical Center in Gangnam and Minah is working in Gangnam General Hospital. After making sure that both of the hospitals are not the same and the possibility that they know each other is low, I decided my mind. Actually, I was about to postpone to another day if he has event, but then he said it's totally fine, plus, he doesn't have partner too. So yeah, why not? And it's not like I have phobia to visit hospital too. Plus, free dinner buffet, man!

He even reminded me not too be underdressed since a lot of VIPs will be there and also the Health Minister too. Since I'm a little bit conservative when it comes to clothes, I chose the long sleeve maxi dress of my own brand that I released for last season.

 

 

I let my hair down and put on my best no-make-up make up. I used soft peach lipstick so that I won't stand out at the dinner. I mean, I'm not even a doctor or from some VIP family. So let's just enjoy the food and have a good talk with that guy.

 

I went down around 10 minutes before 5 p.m and that guy was already waiting. So punctual! As expected from a doctor. He offered to fetch me since I do him a favor by accompanying him today.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted him warmly and slightly bowed. He's 5 years older than me, so I don't want to be rude. Plus, even if this blind date doesn't work out, I still have to treat him nicely since he's eomma's university sunbae's son.

He smiled back at me and I just died. His tall and built figure shine even more in his dark tailored suit. So gorgeous!

"Jihyun ssi?.. Annyeonghaseyo." Even his voice is so manly!

"You look exactly like in your photo." He chuckled as he offered a handshake.

I shook his hand with a pretty shocked face. "I hope that is a compliment." Dang, even his hand is so soft.

"Of course, of course it is!" He laughed as he led me to his car. To my luck, he drives a Mercedes Benz CLS55. What a beauty!

 

"So, why is your car in the workshop?" He asked casually while driving.

Gosh, he smells so good. "Oh, someone hit me from the back. So I have to get that repaired." I focused on the road even though I wanted to stare at his face so bad.

I think, I shall stop being so erted.

"Wow, was it that bad?"

"Yeah, pretty bad. My bumper was all dented in. Have to change the whole thing." I frowned.

"Wow, that bad."

I hummed a yes and nodded along. It was an awkward silence afterwards. What do I talk about?

 

"So... Dong Wook ssi, is this your first blind date?" I was just trying to make a conversation.

He took a glance at me and I swear my heart skipped a beat.

"Please be comfortable and call me oppa.. I'm way older than you, right?" He paused. "Plus, our eommas are friends. Even if you decide to dump me after this blind date, I hope we can be friends or oppa dongsaeng kind of thing?" He chuckled.

Wow, we even think alike! Are we soul mates?!

I laughed. "Sure, why not?"

"So regarding your question.... Umm, nope this is not my first blind date. I think the same goes with you?"

I chuckled. "Kinda."

"So tell me, why the guys before me were dumped? So that I won't do it again." He was very easy-going and comfortable to talk with. Not to mention that he's freaking charming.

"The first one is from some chaebol's family... He's okay.. Everything was good, just at that time, a waiter accidentally spilled some coffee on his suit. He was super mad and freaking loud... The second one is some politician's son. He doesn't even want to work and acts like a playboy.. I just thought I had enough. I told both of them let's not see each other again." I chuckled.

Dong Wook laughed. "Still pretty fine. For me is even worse."

I turned to face him as a sign for him to continue.

"There's one that like branded stuff kind of woman and even wanted to meet up in some five star hotel restaurant. I don't really like her style of living. High maintenance woman, you know... Then another one is too talkative and just doesn't know when to shut . It felt like I finished a marathon when I came back from the blind date. I got so tired of listening. Even when I'm in the hospital, I don't listen that much."

We both laugh.

"Then there's one time, I came late because I have an emergency in the hospital. She was kind of mad because she said she's busy and I was wasting her time bla bla bla.. Even after I apologized and explained, she was like doesn't even give a .. So I thought, me neither. And I left."

I nodded.

"Then one more girl--"

"Wow, how many blind dates have you went to?" I cut him.

"More than you imagine." He said dramatically.

"Wow." I clapped my hands while looking at him in awe and he waved his hand like in some red carpet event. "Thank you, thank you."

 

 

Once he parked his car, we walked side by side to the hospital's main hall. The hospital was way bigger than I imagined.

"Your first time here?" He suddenly asked.

"Yes, and I hope my last time too." I rolled my eyes and he laughed. Who on earth visit the hospital for fun?

"Right."

It was almost 6 pm when we entered the hall. The dinner will start at 6 pm sharp. Starting by the speech of all the people I don't know and I don't care, followed by this talk and that talk. It was almost 8pm when we were allowed to eat. What a cruel dinner.

They were a lot of people there. From the hospital staffs to patients to VIPs and then the Health Minister too, who I heard from Dong Wook, actually owns the hospital. I asked Dong Wook to socialize with his friends while I eat. I mean, no harms to be alone for a few minutes, right? And if I tag along every he goes, how would he introduce me to his friends? A girl I'm on a blind date with?

The food was so good and I feel so glad that I decided to come. After I was done with my food, Dong Wook came back to me because he felt sorry that he brought me here and ditched me even though it supposed to be our date.

I just laughed. "No I'm fine. Don't worry."

Dong Wook suddenly grabbed my hand and introduce me to his friends. I was shocked but then felt touched for no reason.

"Guys, meet Jihyun. Eomma's friend's hot daughter." He said while he rested his arm at the back of my waist. I shook hand with his friends and of course, they were teasing me and Dong Wook.

But he was very honest. He told them that we really are not in a relationship. 

"Not yet." He looked at me and I just laughed. They must be his closed friends.

 

"Are you tired?" Dong Wook looked concerned.

"Nope. I'm having fun, for real." I chuckled.

After socializing with few more people, I was hyped up and felt like it was my dinner instead. They all were super kind and funny. And Dong Wook is really considerate.

"Lee Dong Wook Sunbae!" A girl called from behind me and Dong Wook smiled at her. I turned to look at the owner of the voice and felt like fainting right away.

Oh my God!

It was none other than Shin Minah! I felt like hiding behind Dong Wook but what's the point of doing that, she already caught me.

There was a surprised and confused look on her face and she slowly pointed at me. I respond with an awkward grin.

"W-who?" She asked Dong Wook confusedly. Dong Wook was about to answer when there's another familiar creature stopped behind Minah.

It was then my turn to be surprised and confused.