Thunder

You're My Wife.

[Seunghyun's POV]

 

It was almost 5 a.m, which meant it had already been a little past 5 hours since I've been looking for Jihyun.

I've moved a few of my people to search through every hotels, motels, hostels, guesthouses, saunas or even hospitals in the whole Jeju Island but still, the Jun Jihyun I'm looking for is nowhere to be found.

"Hyung, they found another Jun Jihyun in Four Seasons Hotel." Mino's voice was tired.

And I was half asleep.

 

I took a deep breath before replying,

"Arasseo... Gomawo Mino ya. I'll handle it myself. You should rest." I gave Mino a pat as I walked to my phone on the dining table to make a phone call.

Mino looked reluctant but obeyed after I gave him a convincing smile.

After all, everything was my fault.

I was just fifteen minutes late according to the bell boy. He said he saw a girl with a leather jacket hailed a cab and all his descriptions matched Jihyun. Her mobile phone was switched off so I couldn't even track her location. I should have bugged her phone the next time I met her. Just at the thought of her passing out somewhere in the middle of the street, at this hour, is enough to make my heart dropped.

 

"Ne, doryeonnim?" Somebody answered on the line.

"Is it her?" I asked as I massaged the temples of my forehead.

"Chosung hamnida, doryeonnim. It's not her. We'll keep on searching."

I closed my eyes at one of my men's replies.

"Arasseo. Gomawo." I ended the call.

 

"God. Jihyun."

She's driving everyone insane.

 

 

I was waken up by my ringtone and I had no idea when did I fall asleep. I took a glance at the clock on the wall before I picked up my phone. 

5.45 a.m.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Doryeonim, we've found Jun Jihyun ssi on the passengers' list for the first flight back to Seoul.... 6.30 a.m, Gimpo airport, Asiana Airlines.." 

Thousand of questions rushed into my head.

Why is she rushing back? Why did she even come to Jeju? How did she get injured? Where were she for the last 5 hours? Did anything happened to her? Is her phone out of battery or did she lose her phone? Has she eaten? Does Minah noona knows what's happening? Does Dongwook knows? What is Dongwook to her? Are they a couple? What disease she suffered when she's young? Was she or is she still anemic? When did the last time she do a thorough check up? Why does she hates doctors? Does she hates hospitals as well?

 

But most importantly, the first thing I needed to do after I reach Seoul,

Is to find her.

And to kidnap her to the hospital.

Plus, I still need to talk to her about YG. She has been accepted but I put her offer letter on hold cause I am still contemplating, even though everyone gave her a green light.

"Doryeonim?"

 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the voice.

"Ah ne... Gomawo." I replied short as I ended the call.

The scene when she apologized earlier was still fresh in my mind. I think people who acknowledges their mistakes and apologizes is very cool. Especially when they do it sincerely.

Cause I just can't.

I find it very hard.

 

 

 

 

 

[YOUR POV]

As soon as I landed in Gimpo Airport, I rushed to the taxi area to go home. I ate in flight and I just realized I had a small cut and dried blood stain on the side of my forehead, right under the edge of my hair down to my ear and neck, after I saw myself in the mirror when I visited the washroom.

The side of my head has been throbbing so bad, that I actually think I might have to get a check up.

 

"Ahjussi, may I borrow your phone to make a call? My phone ran out of battery." I asked softly to the driver after about five minutes of the journey.

"Sure." He smiled as he looked into the front mirror and I smiled back as I bowed slightly.

"Kamsahamnida." I said as his phone changes hands.

I quickly punched in Chang Wook's number as his number is the only one that I've memorized for emergency purposes.

 

"Are you at home?" I asked right after the other side picked up.

"Yoboseyo? Who--- Is this Jihyun?" He asked back.

Ah, right. I'm using someone else's handphone. 

"Yes. Are you home?" I asked again.

"Whose phone are you using? What happened to your phone? Are you in Seoul?" He bombarded me with questions again.

 

I swear talking to Chang Wook in phone is so hard. He always ask instead of answering.

I have no energy left to answer any of them.

"Yah, eodiya?" I asked short.

"Oh.. No I'm not at home. I'm in hospital. Do you want me to pick you up? Are you in airport?"

Guess I have no choice. I was thinking to just ask him to check me up in his house, cause he actually have all those equipment in his house. I swear his house is like a mini pharmacy and emergency room combined.

 

"I'm heading to your hospital now. I'm having..... quite a headache." I said.

I always find him instead of Minah cause I don't want to make her worry and the hospital Changwook working at is nearer anyway. It's just like a seven minutes journey from our condominium.

"What? Wh-why?" He panicked.

"I'll be there soon." I ended up the call as I feel the headache worsened. My body started to drench in cold sweat.

And my breathing became heavier.

 

 

 

"Ji hyun ah!"

I heard a familiar voice as I turned to find the owner of the voice.

"Wook ah." I called out from my bed. The nurses made me lie down in the emergency room and have already attached the needle for the IV bag on my arm. They cleaned the wound on my forehead as well. And I have also changed my top cause the leather jacket was so uncomfortable.

"How are you feeling?" Chang Wook looked so worried. Well obviously because he's aware of the fact that if it's a small matter, I wouldn't even visit the hospital.

"Not so good." I answered shortly as I just looked at him doing his job. He's checking the IV bag, and my temperature and my heartbeat and so on. Short after, he smiled weakly as he pat my head. My heart warmed up at his caring gestures.

"I collapsed in flight yesterday. They say I had a hypothermic attack and it led to a cardiac arrest." I started softly as the pain killers started to kick in.

"What?... Then what happened?" He asked round-eyed as he sat down on the stool closed to me.

"There was happened to be a doctor in the flight."

"I see..." Chang Wook paused as he locked his eyes with mine.

"I told you so many times... Your body is really weak. Your immune system itself is so, so weak. You must have enough rest and eat on time... Yah, are you listening?" He raised his voice at the last part.

 

"Y-yes yes." My eyes were on him but I was dozing off. I do feel very weak.

"This can't do... You need to be admitted." He stood up to call a nurse but I was fast enough to catch his hand.

"Can I rest at home, please?" I don't like to stay overnight in hospitals. They make me feel more sick.

"But you just won't stay at home." Chang Wook sounded a little pissed off.

"I will. I promise.. Look at me, I'm so sick. I wouldn't go out." 

He sighed.

 

"But still, just stay one night here and have a proper rest."

"Okay, but don't tell the girls. Or even Jiyong and eomma." I requested as I looked at him in the eyes, waiting for his reply.

"Please?" I begged.

But instead, he just released his hand from my grasp and walked away. I frowned as I eyed him talking to one of the nurse.

 

Chang Wook assigned me into a private room cause he clearly knows that I hate to share room with other patients.

It was noon when Chang Wook entered the room to check on me.

"This is like the best vitamin IV. Make sure you finish all." He said as he put up the new IV bag he brought in.

I chuckled. 

 

"Have you had your lunch?" I asked.

"Not yet. Do you wanna eat together?" He asked as he settled down on the single sofa beside my bed.

"Sure!" I nodded.

"I'll be right back." He flashed a smile and I hummed a yes before I fixed my eyes on the TV.

 

 

It was only 10.30 p.m and I've already finished reading three newspapers and two magazines.

Changwook's shift ended like 7 hours ago, and he stayed with me until 6 p.m, when he finally said he has something to do tonight. I hate it when I'm left alone in the ward, but I couldn't hold onto him, right?

He has his own life.

It was already very nice of him to listen to my story, and also to take a look at Hyeon Woo's case report, and picked out some of my stuffs for me and bring the rest of my luggage home. I definitely remind myself every time that I shouldn't depend on him, but eventually,

I still do.

 

I traced my fingers on the huge plaster on my forehead as my eyes roamed around the room. They landed on the huge glass window and the tiny droplets that have formed outside. 

It's raining.

. Will it become heavy? Will there be thunderstorms? I started to worry. 

Should I call the girls?

Normally, at least one of the girls will accompany me whenever I get admitted or if any of us get admitted, but this time. I wouldn't want to tell them cause it will be a very long story. Especially on how I get my forehead wound.

 

The rain soon became heavy and heavier. I turned up the TV volume louder then I grabbed my phone to play games. To be honest, I'm scared. I can literally feel my heart beating faster and faster every moment. Without I realized, I have already pressed on the button beside my bed, calling for the nurse in charged.

After a moment, the door to my ward slide opened.

 

"Yes Miss Jun, did you press the button?" The nurse asked smiling.

"Yes... Umm.. I.. Can you get me some hot water?" What the heck am I even talking about?

"Hot water? Sure... Anything else?"

"Can I get extra blanket as well? It's very cold." I just say whatever that crossed my mind.

"Sure. I'll be right back."

I muttered a thanks and just watch her walked away, feeling pathetic as ever.

 

"EOMMA!"

 

I almost fall off my bed by the loud thunder, and my phone, safely landed on the floor. My chest heaved up and down very quickly as I breathe, and my hands were clenching so hard on the bed sheet.

, that was one ed up thunderstorm!