Getting to know Jihyun

You're My Wife.

                             

 

 

 

 

Damn it, Jun Jihyun. Don't be such a coward! I mentally screamed at myself.

 

Just seconds after that, I heard a knock on the door. I quickly reached down to get my phone.

"Miss, are you okay? Your face is quite pale." The same nurse asked as she put down a cup of hot water on the table beside my bed. I bet she didn't hear my scream.

"Oh yeah. I'm good.." Please, don't leave!

She nodded and smiled as she came closer to give a thick blanket.

"Please have a good rest... Good night." She said sweetly as she dimmed the light.

No! Not the light!

"H-hold on!... Umm... Isn't it time to eat my medicine yet?" I tried to buy her time.

 

"Ne? No, it's not. You just had your medicine, remember?" She smiled.

"Oh... Yeah I did..." I chuckled awkwardly.

"If there's nothing else--"   "Hold on.. What about the IV bag?" I cut her.

Both of us looked at the IV bag. There's still like half of the bag to go. 

"Umm, I mean... Can I... Yea, can I take it off? It's a little painful." I lifted my arm that was poked with the needle.

"Um... But Chang Wook seonsaeng-nim said you need to finish this mineral IV. It's your last one.... Should I prescribe you with some painkillers?" She asked concern.

"Aniyo. Gwenchanayo. It-it's not that painful." I chuckled awkwardly again.

 

"Ne... Please call me if you need anything else." She bowed and I know, I can no longer hold her back.

Should I ask for more magazines? Maybe, comics?.... Wait.. You think this is a bookstore? I sighed as I messed up my already messed up hair.

Should I call Chang Wook?... But he has his own life! I sighed again.

But I'm really scared of thunder. 

As if on cue, I saw an eerily bright lightning outside the window and soon enough, the father of all thunderstorm screamed hi.

 

I jolted off my bed and ran towards the door, away from the huge glass window. And that's when the door slide opened.

I was a little too fast to stop so my head hit that person's chest hard before I practically bumped backwards because of the force. I landed flat on my .

I was about to look at the man who just entered but then I closed my eyes and yelped when there's a loud thunder again. Without me knowing, my hands were already clenched tight on that man's pants, begging for help.

"Jihyun ah!"

I shot my eyes opened at Chang Wook's voice.

 

"Wook ah." What is he doing here?

He squatted down to my level and placed his hands on my shoulders.

" Yah, gwenchana?" He asked as he gave me a firm shake. I must have looked so out of myself.

"Oh... Oh gwenchana." I slowly stand up with his help and saw the IV bag hanger on the floor and the needle on my arm went missing.

"Aigoo. Look at you." He was looking down to my feet where I only have one slipper on my right foot and that was the left slipper.

Wow. So embarrassing.

"What are you doing here?" I asked after I got back to the bed and he helped me to attach the IV bag again with a new needle. He was wearing a light brown sweater and a long black coat outside, and he even styled his hair up tonight.

"I knew you'll be scared, so I rushed here... Why didn't you call me?" He replied casually, focusing on the needle.

"Cause you have your own stuffs too."

"Yes I do. But this is emergency. You should have called.... And how can I just ignore it when I know how scared you are of thunders?"

 

I still remembered when there's one time it was raining so heavily and our condominium out. I was too scared to even move so I gave him a call and I was crying, begging him to come over. When he found me, I was on the floor in my bedroom, having difficulty to breath. And since then, he got to know how I'm terrified of thunders and dark places and how easily I can get panic attack.... And how often I depend on my anti-anxiety pills.

"But this is still nothing... Remember there's one time in our condo--"   "Shut up." I cut him and caught him chuckled. 

Yeah that time. I cried so much that I got a heavily runny nose, my eyes were swollen as . I looked so disgusting that even he got shocked when the electricity is back. Well, my life.

He would sometimes tease me time to time to make me feel relax, that it's not a big problem to have severe fears of thunders and darkness.

 

"Gomawo, Wook ah." For everything. For always thinking of me before yourself.

 

"What for?" He flashed his killer smile as he knows I can never say it out loud.

"Ah molla." I cringed at myself. Eew, what did I even say thank you.

"Ah, what forrrr.." He dodged my shoulder.

"Ah shut up."

The rain outside was getting lighter and lighter but I would grabbed his sleeves from time to time whenever I was shocked by the thunders. And he would just chuckled it off every time.

 

"Wook ah.."

We were watching the drama special on TV when I looked out of the window and asked him seriously,

 

"Should we order chimaek?"

Ooh, the weather right now is so perfect for some cold beer and hot fried crunchy BBQ chicken. Just thinking of it, made me drool.

"YAH. You think this is a hotel?"

I frowned at his answer.

Pfft, he's so boring!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Seunghyun's POV]

 

I looked at myself in the mirror for one last time. After making sure that I have no booger in my eyes and nose, I touched up my hair a little and went out of my bedroom. I brushed off some threads on the dark green sweater I'm wearing and grabbed the envelope on the table before speeding off to meet that fierce bossy ahjumma.

"I can't believe she asked me to meet her in a freaking zoo." I said to no one as my thumb kept on pressing the button on my steering wheel, finding for some good songs to jam on the radio.

 

I was so busy the day I came back from Jeju Island and had to postpone the plan to meet Jihyun. Today, I finally have some free time so I thought I should meet Jihyun. I should at least check how she's doing, and I needed to make her sign the offer letter anyway. Sajangnim has been nagging non stop, asking why am I taking so long to think.

And the funny part is, when I called her this morning, she was being such an , saying how she's so busy and she has no time to meet. Like hello, you're unemployed!

But of course I don't have the balls to say that, and I have no idea how I agreed to come and find her instead. But seriously, in a zoo at the Seoul Grand Park?

What is she doing there? Visiting a relative?

I laughed at my own thoughts. Dang, I should be a gagman!

 

 

I was stoned in my place for like, I have no idea how long and I wouldn't care less. Without me realizing, I break into a small smile. And I couldn't take off my eyes from Jihyun and her huge smile while she played around with a freaking tiger in the huge cage. There were some zoo volunteers in the cage with her as well, smiling and laughing together with her while they clean the place.

Jihyun didn't realize I've been watching her. And I wouldn't want to distract her either. The scene is just so beautiful....

Her smile... Is her smile always that gorgeous?

 

I gasped at my own thoughts.

What did I just say?... Snap out of it Seunghyun! She's a witch when she's mad. Remember that!

But still,

couldn't help but to stare at her. I may look like a freak, watching her from a distance and smiling alone but all I know is that I have grown some kind of a feeling where I would want to be the reason for her to smile like that.

What the am I thinking. I shook my head to get rid of those stupid thoughts. That's when I realized, one of the volunteers saw me looking at Jihyun and she straight away pointed to my direction to let Jihyun knows.

Jihyun straight away looked to the girl's direction, still smiling, but when our eyes met, her smile died on the spot.

 

What the... Is she that unhappy to see me? I was super disappointed. But I still fixed my eyes on her and watched her every moves. The volunteers said something to her and she rolled her eyes so hard and make somewhat a disgusted face, before she said something to the tiger. To the tiger, seriously? What are you? A tarzan?

I just watch her as she laughed and patted the tiger before she turned to face me again.

She pointed to somewhere and I realized she was signing to a small cafe beside the cage before she left the cage. I put on my sunglasses back and quickly made my way to the cafe.

 

 

 

 

 

[Jihyun's POV]

 

There wasn't much people in the zoo today, as it's a weekday I guess. I have been here since morning, playing with Bingu who I haven't met for almost a month!

I tied my messy hair in a loose bun and brushed off some leaves on my shirts and jeans before I sit down on a table near the window, facing the cage. I saw how Bingu ran around and played with his imaginary friend, and laughed.

He's so bingu!

I heard someone coughed beside me and I straight away turned to see Seunghyun in a casual green sweater and black pants, with his shades on, and his phone in his right hand and an envelope on his left hand.

Mweoya?

I was dumbfounded to see that his outfit totally matched mine, like we're wearing a couple outfit. No wonder the kids teased me so hard, and they wondered how I seduced someone as fine as Seunghyun.

"Ha-have a seat." I said awkwardly and Seunghyun looked awkward too. I guess he's thinking what I'm thinking too.

"Oh ya... Would you like some...?" I trailed off while showing to the beverages menu pasted on the counter wall not that far from our table.

"Ic-iced Americano..." He said awkwardly.

. Why does he need to act so awkwardly. He's making a friendly people like me awkward too. I was already made up my mind to treat him very well today, like a close friend. Well, since I pissed him off that day.

"One Iced Americano and one double chocolate milkshake for me." I said to the familiar waitress.

"Ne, eonnie." She replied smiling.

"Eonnie?" Seunghyun said softly but I heard him.

 

"Yeah, I've been a volunteer here since I was in high school." I said smiling. 

"Oh." He said while showing this expression where everything now make sense.

"I see... How are you?" He asked all of a sudden. But all my attention was on his shades. I freaking hate it when someone's wearing shades and try to make a conversation with me. It feels like they are drawing a huge wall and it feels very distant.

"Um good... What about you?" Oh boy, I can see myself on the reflection of his shades.

"I'm fine too."

 

Awkward silence.

 

"I'll go check our orders." I smiled and stand up. I can't take this awkwardness anymore. He nodded. I guess he can feel it too.