Do you believe in fate?

You're My Wife.

[Seunghyun's POV]

 

I sighed for the umpth time. This is like my third flight for the week. Two times to Japan and now to Jeju. We have a big project currently in Jeju and of course Yang Hyun Suk just had to choose me out of all people, to check out the project.

"Hi sorry, can I have some.. Juice please?" I was about to ask for wine but of course not, especially when Mino, my PA has already gave me the you-better-not-ask-for-wine eyes.

Chh. I should have just flied solo.

 

The overhead speaker rang several times and was followed by a brief burst of static.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if there is any medical doctors on board, please rush to the Business Class. Once again, this is an emergency and if there is any medical doctors on board, please rush to the Business Class. Thank you."

"I wonder what's wrong." Mino suddenly said.

I just shrugged it off and continued to drink my juice. It's just like an hour flight. Who needs an emergency treatment in a short flight? It's so rare.

 

After a few minutes, they made the announcement again.

"Aish hyung.. It must be really urgent. Don't you wanna go and see? You're a doctor anyway!" Mino elbowed me and started to whine.

I hissed. As if I'm a doctor by choice, even though I still slayed my study years.

 

"Whoah hyung. Are you really gonna ignore? Even if that's my enemy lying down, I would still help. Chhh.... Are you even a human?" He nagged with his deep voice like mine.

"Then you go." 

Mino shot laser from his eyes. Is he even my PA? I feel like he's the boss.

"Seriously hyung! I swear--"

The third announcement was made and I already felt guilty.

 

" you." I hissed to Mino and quickly stand up.

"Go hyung!" I can hear his chuckles before it got muffled cause I threw my suit on his face.

 

I harshly opened the curtain that separated First Class and Business Class and I can already spot a lady on the floor. They already moved her to a bigger space.

"Sorry you can't--"

I flashed my doctor ID to the stewardess face. I'm still a legal doctor working for Boramae anyway.

"Ah, chosung hamnida. Please take a look at the patient." She quickly stepped away from me and led me to the lady. I ed my sleeve and folded it up until my elbow.

"Please take out any medical equipment and resuscitation kit that you have." I assigned them as I kneeled on the floor.

 

"Can you hold some blanket to cover up the patient from others? I might need to take her clothes off." I said as soon as I see other passengers in the business class were being so busy body, checking out what's happening.

Aish these people... Do you wanna do instead? Chh.

 

The stewardess quickly obeyed and everyone settled in their positions. As soon as I fixed my eyes at the lady, I was taken aback.

 

Jun... Jun Jihyun?!

 

She was super pale. Her breathing was very heavy and she was drenched in sweat.

"What's the situation?" I asked the stewardess as I checked for her temperature. I was expecting for a fever but her body was cold. Her hands were cold. Way too cold. Her temperature was 34.9 degree Celsius.

"She-she wasn't feeling well and said she was very cold. So she asked for more blanket... Sh-she was clutching onto her stomach. And-and there's no medicine in her bag, chances are not because of medicine reaction... Umm.. And she didn't eat anything on board, so might not be allergy reaction either. And she just collapsed just now. B-b-but I can hear her groans." One of them replied, panic. She bent down beside me to help with the equipment.

"I need more blankets on her. Quick!" One of them quickly get more blankets and wrapped her whole body.

I was struggling to attach the blood pressure kit onto her arm as her jacket was very thick and tight, I can't even fold the sleeve. And I can't even her shirt because she was wearing a button less blouse and jacket on top.

it. I grabbed a scissors in the kit, cut open the bottom of her blouse and tear it harshly. I can hear a small gasp from a few of the stewardess. Sorry not sorry.

Jihyun was half in front of me. And her body was amazingly toned, I can almost see six packs, no joke!

 

Dang, she must be a workoutholic. Even though of course that's not the case now!

Seunghyun, focus!

 

I carefully pushed one side of her body out of her clothes, and quickly cover her body with blankets back.

After the stewardess helped me to attach the blood pressure machine, I checked her heartbeat with the stethoscope, but something was definitely off. Her blood pressure was too low and her heartbeat too.

What? Is she gonna die now? But I still need to pay her for her car.

I smacked my head in my mind and started to think what causes her to be like this.

 

Stomach upset.. Gastric attack.. Heartburn indigestion.. They won't do something like this.

"Songsaengnim, she's not breathing." The stewardess said.

Hypothermia!

I checked her vital signs. It was very weak meaning that she's already in the state of unconsciousness.

I quickly tilted up her head and settle down for a CPR.

 

Come on Jun Jihyun, respond.

I was drenched with sweat and carefully counted the chest press.

"Twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty." I blowed air into twice.

And there was still no response.

 

I never felt so desperate before, even when I was attending my patients in the hospital.

I do the chest press again.

You better respond, Jun Jihyun!

 

"Thirty." And another mouth to mouth evacuation.

God please.

 

At the second blow, she finally coughed, and her heartbeat is back. All of the stewardess sighed in relief.

. I almost died of panic!

 

I tapped lightly on her face after I administered oxygen on her.

"Jihyun ssi... Jihyun ssi, can you hear me?"

She groaned weakly and without I realized, I was holding tight onto her hand like my life depends on it.

"Jihyun ssi, stay with me. Stay awake." I lightly shook her body.

"How far are we?" I asked the stewardess beside me but I kept my eyes fixed on Jihyun's tired face. She looked so weak. It was a situation that I never thought someone, that looked strong and fierce like her, would go through. I mean, she looked so healthy every time.

"Landing in 15 minutes, sir. Paramedic in Jeju Airport is ready too."

 

I nodded and fixed the IV bag properly on Jihyun's arm. And wiped the sweat on her face with some tissue too. She just passed a real bad situation but she definitely still need a proper check up. I really can't figure out what just happened. My mind was blank. Either because it's my first time treating someone I knew, or it's my first in-flight emergency, I don't know. But one thing for sure, I've never been that scared before.

 

"Get Jeju National University Hospital ambulance ready too. Tell them we have an emergency and Choi Seunghyun is with the patient."

Of course to my hospital. I only trust my hospital.

"Sorry to ask, but do you know the patient?" The stewardess asked, while the others get ready for landing.

"Ne.. Umm she's just someone I know." I answered with my eyes still fixed on Jihyun's sleeping face.

"I see. Should I call her emergency contact to inform them?"

"It's okay. I'll handle that... And also, does she has any luggage? If so, my PA will bring it with us. Can you arrange that?"

"Yes sir."

 

 

 

 

"YAH! What do you think you're doing?! I clearly told you this is a big project! Do you think I was joking?!" I put the phone far away from my ear. Yang Hyun Suk's flat voice was stabbing my ear drum so hard.

"Chosung hamnida, sajangnim. I had an emergency." I answered softly as I didn't want to wake Jihyun up.

It had been two hours after Jihyun was checked in to the hospital. I missed the meeting but I sent away Mino to take care of it. Luckily the contractors let it pass and rescheduled the meeting. But of course Yang Hyun Suk is mad.

"You better do well tomorrow!" With that, he ended the call.

 

I sighed. Jihyun looked so much better now, but I'm still not sure what happened just now.

Why is she having hypothermia? I mean, it's not even winter.

"The result will come out soon. Don't worry so much. She'll be fine." Kim Rae Won who appeared from nowhere in the room said as he patted my back.

I barely knew her but I already felt too attached to her to the extend that she came first before my work. Wow, now that's a first. Some part of me felt like I knew a lot about her, which is absolutely wrong.

 

I didn't realize when did the nurse came into the room but the report was already in Rae Won's hands.

"Seunghyun ah... How are you related to this patient again?" He asked, but his eyes were fixed on the report. I quickly stand up and walked to him.

"Waeyo hyung? Is there anything wrong?" I took a glance at the report myself.

"Red blood cells and haemoglobin counts.... She's anemic?" I asked no one.

"Yes but it's not that severe... Looks like she's recovering. Perhaps childhood anemia?" Rae Won looked at me.

"Mollayo.... Jinjja mollayo... We're not that close." I said confused.

 

But one thing for sure, bumping into her for the fourth time, this time... Is definitely not a coincidence anymore.

Interesting.