Seungmin

You're My Wife.

     

 

 

[YOUR POV]

 

"So should we keep her in, today?"

 

I can hear raspy voices chatting somewhere nearby me.

 

"We definitely should.. but who is she again? Your girlfriend?"

"Aniyo hyung!"

"Then someone you like?"

"Hyung!"

 

My throat felt so dry, and my eye lids felt so heavy, it's almost impossible to open my eyes.

"Nggh." A groan escaped my chapped lips as I can't help but to feel awful in every part of my body.

 

"Oh hyung! I think she's awake!"

 

Soon enough, I heard footsteps rushing to my side. A hand forcefully opened my eyes and I saw a very bright light. Without I realize, I lifted my right hand and pushed the hand away weakly. But I was too weak. My hand fell at my side before another hand caught my hand.

"Jun Jihyun ssi.... Jun Jihyun ssi.." An unfamiliar voice called my name.

 

Despite of feeling very thirsty and hungry and terribly weak, I flickered my eyes open.

"Jun Jihyun ssi.. Can you hear me? Jun Jihyun ssi." 

Argh. I don't know whose voice was that, but it got me really annoyed.

 

The first thing my eyes caught, was the white ceiling. And a man in a white coat on my left, the owner of the annoying voice, I supposed.

Hospital? Not an unfamiliar sight anymore.

"Are you awake? Can you see me?" He asked again.

"W-Where am I?" Reality hit me but all I could remember was that I was supposed to be in the flight to Jeju.

Jeju.... Hyo Joo... Jeju Halla General Hospital!

 

I struggled to sit up but then was abruptly held back by another man. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. It was him. Again.

i8 namja? What is he doing here? Wh-what's happening?

"You should rest. You're still very weak." His hoarse voice caught my attention and straight away brought me to life.

 

"I'm fine." I pushed his hands away softly and still tried to sit up.

As soon as I sat on my bed, despite of feeling a bit dizzy, I couldn't help but to feel amazed by the whole room. 

 

 

Am I really in a hospital? Not hotel?

 

"Umm.. I'm sorry but what happened?' I asked the doctor and I turned to the i8 guy. "And why are you here?"

"You body temperature dropped and you collapsed in the flight.. This gentleman over here is the one who saved you... And you skip your meal, when you know you have gastritis?" The doctor with the 'Kim Rae Won' nametag on his coat, replied.

 

I can't help but to feel thankful.

But that's about it. I need to go and see Hyo Joo now.

"I'll get you your meals." And with that, he tapped that i8 guy's shoulder and left the room.

 

 

 

[Choi Seunghyun's POV]

I was expecting for a thank you or a short thanks would do, but nothing came out from Jihyun.

Her eyes wandered around the room and finally dropped on the IV bag hung beside the bed. I was surprised when she suddenly brought her right hand to pull off the needle on her left arm.

I stopped her right in time and she looked at me blankly.

 

"What do you think you're doing right now?" Is she insane? She almost lost her life just a few hours ago!

"And what do you think you're doing?" She pushed my hand away.

She freaking pushed my hand away!

I looked at her in disbelief.

 

"As someone who just saved your life, I don't think I deserved to hear that." I gave her my very best stern look. And she looked regret right away.

"Ch-chosung hamnida." She said softly as she ran her fingers through her long, kinda messy brownish hair, looking apologetic and desperate.

I can't help but to think that she looks gorgeous even in that situation.

 

"Look, thank you.. So much, for saving me but... I-I kinda need to go now... Umm, how should I repay you? Is it more convenient for both of us if you give me your bank account number?"

 

I was speechless. Did she just think that I stopped her because I want some token of gratitude?

Money? This chaebol's only son?

I exhaled sharply and started to feel annoyed.

"No thanks. I don't want a single cent from you. But you can't leave now. Do you even understand the situation right now? You freaking collapsed in the flight and your heart stopped beating!" I started to get frustrated for no apparent reason.

"And I survived, didn't I?!"

"What?"

 

Did I hear her wrong? Can anyone tell her that she does not has any right to act like an in this situation?

"Look, you don't understand. I really need to go now." She was about to pull off the needle again when I grabbed her hand harshly.

"What is it that is more important than your life?!" I locked my eyes with her and she stared back fiercely.

 

"What is it to you that I live or not when someone just lost his will to live?!"

Did I just saved someone who wanted to die? I was really confused. I couldn't understand what was Jihyun talking about.

Did she damage her head when she collapsed in the flight?

 

But one thing for sure, her eyes trembled with fears, sadness, worries and... There were so many more emotions in those beautiful brownish eyes that now are filled with tears. I loosened my hand on hers, but still strong enough to stop her from moving. Our eyes were still locked with each others, as if we're having staring competition

Until a tear dropped onto Jihyun's cheek. She finally broke our eye contact and looked away.

I didn't know what to say. I had so many questions to ask but I didn't know how to start. I wanted to know what happened. And why.

 

"After you eat.... Leave after you eat." I finally said and let go of her hand. The IV is about one third of the bag and I think she could finish it by the time she finished eating. She didn't even look at me but she just remained seated on her bed.

I walked away and sat on the sofa instead. Jihyun was still crying silently and I had no idea why I felt so bad. And I don't even know what she's so pissed off about when everything I did was for her own good!

 

A nurse came in with Jihyun's meals and checked her condition too. Luckily she just obeyed and stopped being an .

I swear I'm gonna rub her face on the food if she throws tantrum again. I thought.

Right after the nurse left, Jihyun suddenly called out.

"Excuse me.. Um.. Can you--"

"Seunghyun... Choi Seunghyun ssi." I said, asking her to address me properly.

 

 

[YOUR POV]

I blinked at him a couple of times before I finally understand the situation.

"Right. Choi Seunghyun ssi, do you know where's my belongings?" I asked politely. I already felt so bad for yelling at him just now. But I'm not in my right mind. Just if he could understand that someone just became disabled because of me. I can't just live my life like I don't give a damn!

Seunghyun still looked pretty pissed off. Guess I really was overboard. I caught him looking at the sofa opposite him and I saw my handbag and my clothes beside it.

Seunghyun was about to stand up to hand me my stuffs I guess, but I beat him to it.

"Gwenchanayo! I'll get them myself." I was already on my feet. I pulled the IV bag hanger with me and dragged it with me to the sofa carefully.

Seunghyun just eyed me every now and then.

 

I rummaged through my hand bag to find for my phone and realized it was still switched off.

"What time is it?" I asked Seunghyun while switching on my phone and punched in my password.

I heard Seunghyun sighed. "5.30."

"Ne?!" I looked up at him, surprised. And soon enough, my phone buzzed non stop, signing a lot of text messages went in.

"." I looked at all the missed calls from Hyo Joo, Chang Wook, eomma, Jiyong and Minah.

Hyo Joo must have been worried like hell. I was supposed to meet her at 2.30pm. And Chang Wook too. And I didn't even tell eomma that I've reached safely to my house. Eomma must have called Jiyong and Minah to check on me. I'm so doomed.

 

"Can you not curse?" Seunghyun suddenly said with so much annoyance in his tone.

"Ne?" When did I.... Oh, I did.

"What a terrible habit for a lady."

I was speechless by his remark, and very much ready to fire back.

"As if you don't curse, Seung Min ssi?"

"It's Seunghyun."

"Seunghyun ssi." Okay, that was embarrassing.

 

"I don't. And I'm not particularly a big fan of lady who uses swear words as if they're the only words in their dictionary either."

I almost snorted at his reply. Did I say anything about wanting him to like me? Or did I even ask what's his type?

"Oh really? Do you still remember when we first met?.. All I remember from you was ing this and ing that... Hmm, how cliche." I gave him my best fake smile and stood up to go to the bed, with my phone in my hand.

I need to call Hyo Joo first.

 

"Oh... For real, I don't swear.. Okay fine. Maybe only when I am super duper mad which is like once or twice a year?" He locked his eyes with me, from the sofa, and I was on my bed.

I flashed him my yeah-whatever face as I start eating.

"Daebak. I wish I can be like you... But too bad I'll get angry for like, once or twice per day?" Nope. I ain't losing this sarcastic game. And dang! The hospital food is so delicious! Is it because of VIP ward?

He fake a gasp. "Why am I not surprised?"

I gave him a glare before calling Hyo Joo.

 

"Why are you even here?" I mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

 

"Excuse me, I can be anywhere I want because this is my hos--"   "Oh, Hyo Joo ya!" I cut Seunghyun and he just stared at me like I'm the rudest he ever met in his life. Why do I even feel proud?

I signed Seunghyun to leave the room but he was still speechless and just stand there and looked at me with his mouth wide open.

"Eonnie?! Where are you?"