Mianhae, Hyeon Woo ya

You're My Wife.

[YOUR POV]

I wiped my tears away for the umpteenth time, but there's no use to it. Tears still rolled non stop on my cheeks. My heart ache so much. I was way beyond broken hearted.

I was pissed off.

I feel ashamed of myself.

But to be exact, I feel guilty.

 

Hyeon Woo was right. I blamed myself for everything happened.

It was around 10.30pm when I hailed a cab from Jeju Halla General Hospital. My hands tightened on Hyeon Woo's medical report at the thought of, the bright and bubbly Hyeon Woo that I know, yelled at me for the first time today.

 

 

"This is all your fault! How can you smile as if nothing happened?!"

'What?' I was so confused. It took every pieces of me to smile in front of Hyeon Woo but the first sentence that came out from his own mouth, broke my heart into pieces.

"Get out!" Hyeon Woo suddenly pushed my body with all the energy that he has left. I stumbled but luckily Hyo Joo caught me right in time.

"Han Hyeon Woo!" Even Hyo Joo was shocked at the sudden outburst of Hyeon Woo.

"Noona, are you really gonna take her side?! Those people clearly said her name when they beat me to death! It's her fault that I became like this!" Tears rolled down his cheeks as he started to hit his legs.

"I-I can't feel anything, noona... Please help me."

 

My heart aches so much at the sight. The tears that I've been holding so hard, finally dropped onto my cheeks. If it's this hard for me, what about Hyo Joo?

"Are you happy now, that I became like this.. While nothing happened to you?!" His chest rises up and down very quickly as he looked at me with hatred.

I came to give him support.

And to discuss with his doctor about all the alternatives that we have, to give him his legs back.

 

"Hyeon Woo ya... Jebal. It has been already hard for her." Hyo Joo begged, crying.

"Hard? What can be so hard for her when she's standing there perfectly fine?!" He continued to yell.

I have nothing to say. I was ashamed of myself.

"Noona, what's wrong with you?! Can't you see what happened to me?!... Did she buy your pride with her dirty money too?"

"Han Hyeon Woo, jebal!"

"Just know that as long as I'm breathing, I wish your life hits rock bottom and nothing will be easy for you!"

 

"Mianhae." I have nothing else to say.

Hyeon Woo sneered at me. "Will your sorry change anything? Don't you understand that I've lost my ability to walk? Even my noona lost her job because of you! Because of someone who's not even related to us!"

"It's not her fault."

"Get out! If noona going to be on her side too, then get out! I don't need anyone like noona! Get out!" All of a sudden, Hyeon Woo grabbed the empty porcelain mug on his bedside table and threw it towards me.

The mug perfectly hit the corner of my forehead before it dropped and break into pieces on the floor. I winced in pain.

It hit the spot where I still have very faint bruise because of the car accident that day.

 

Hyo Joo gasped and quickly stopped her brother before he throws another thing. I was just stunned in my place, looking at the shattered mug on the floor. I felt warm liquid rolled from the side of my forehead, beneath my messy hair which already covered half of my face. But I wasn't even bothered to wipe it.

Hyeon Woo was out of control. He started to push everything within his grasp, even his favorite juice in the bottles that I bought earlier for him. They all shattered into pieces on the floor. Hyo Joo wasn't strong enough to hold him. Hyeon Woo starts screaming and struggling to get out of his sister's hug, that he almost fell off the bed.

 

"Hyeon Woo ya, jebal." Hyo Joo hugs her brother tighter than ever as they were both started to cry.

No word can even describe how I feel at that time.

 

"Get out!!!" Hyeon Woo's eyes were on me as he screamed at the top of his lungs repeatedly.

The door to his ward was harshly opened by two nurses and they were shocked at the scattered glasses, and of course, the IV hanger, the table, the air humidifier, that were now lying on the floor. One of them quickly went out and came back with what I believe was an injection of sedative.

"It's your fault that I became like this! It's your fault!"

Hyeon Woo was still struggling and screaming before both of the nurses hold him tightly and injected him with the sedative.

Tears were still rolling non stop on my cheeks, seeing the sedative slowly kicking in Hyeon Woo.

"Wh-what did he mean.. Hyo Joo ya?" A hoarse voice suddenly asked, from the door.

 

Hyo Joo and I turned to the door and see both of her parents were standing there, with tears in their eyes.

"Eomma... Appa... You should have gone back and rest. Why are you guys here?" Hyo Joo asked like nothing happened. Even though the whole room showed contrarily.

"Is that true... That you have something to do with the gang fight?" Her mum looked at me with so much emotions, as if forcing me to say that she heard wrongly.

 

Four of us were in the hallway, as we think that it's a little bit more appropriate to talk, instead of in the ward. I told them from the beginning and they were all still speechless.

"Chosung hamnida... I know that apologizing won't change anything. But I promise you. I'll make Hyeon Woo walk again." It broke my heart to see Hyo Joo's mum cried. And harder to know that I'm the one who made her cried.

"You know I already seen you like my own child, right?" She said between her sobs. I visited Hyo Joo's hometown a couple of times before. Especially if we have project in Jeju Island. I made sure to visit their house during my trip. Their whole family treated me so well.

Better than my own family.

 

"Ne eommoni." My voice came out soft, as my eyes fixed on the floor.

All of a sudden, she kneeled on the floor. Right in front of me.

"Please.. Do whatever you can, to help him walk again. He's such a young boy." She begged.

I quickly squatted to lift her up. But instead, she hold both of my arms tightly.

"Eommoni, please stand up." 

Hyo Joo and her dad just stared at the heartbreaking moment.

"Jihyun ah... You know for people like us, we have no money... Powerless. We have nothing other than our dignities, our pride... You know how well I treasure my pride, but now, I don't care anymore.... Even if you want me to kiss your feet, I would do that.."

I was confused.

"Eommoni, please stand--"

"You're a nice kid. We all know that.. We all believe that.. I won't blame you for what happened. It's not your fault. I don't want you to apologize either. But just..... Just please.." She wiped her tears with her sleeve.

"Please... Don't throw us away.... You can call me shameless all you want. But please... Please make him walk again."

 

 

Jang.

That one name that can make me lose my sanity. If I were in Seoul right now, who knows I might have drove to his house and kill him with my bare hands.

It took every part of me to gain all of my sanity left, to focus on my priority.

Hyeon Woo.

I'm gonna make him walk.

Even if he has to get treatment from overseas, I would still send him.

Because he's a family.

They're all my family. 

 

"Agassi, we're here." I snapped out of my thought as the taxi driver waved his hand in front of my face.

I quickly took a glance at the meter and get the cash out of my purse.

 

"Luggage, Miss?" The bellboy that opened the taxi door for me, asked.

"All are upstairs." I said, trying to act like a guest. He nodded.

I walked to the lobby as I took out my phone to call Seunghyun. I searched for his name card as well as I haven't had the chance to save his number.

 

"Yoboseyo?" Seunghyun's hoarse voice greeted me.

"Seunghyun ssi, what's your room number?" I asked as I head to the lift.

"Aren't you too brave to visit a hot namja's hotel room alone?" He chuckled as he said that.

"I'm not in the mood for your lame jokes." Tears started to fill my eyes. "Where are you?" I asked again.

 

"In your heart."

I closed my eyes at his answer as the tears finally rolled down again. I swear I'm going to give him a good back flip once I found his room.

I entered the lift.

"Seunghyun ssi--" 

"Arasseoyo. Arasseoyo... Level 22.. But, you need to figure out the room yourself."

Seunghyun burst into laughter on the line.

I pressed the '22' button harshly, imagining that it was Seunghyun's face.

 

He's acting too friendly. "I don't think we're in that relationship yet, to joke around." Seunghyun's laughter died on the spot as he heard me.

He coughed awkwardly after a moment. I stepped out of the lift, and just stood there cause I don't know whether I should turn left or right.

"Mianhaeyo. I thought I can act friendly... After seeing you half . Guess I need to see more only I can be friendly with you?"

I was speechless. And embarrassed. And mad.

Is everything a joke to him? Why is he living his life like he has no problem at all? Is it that good to have money? Does his dad's money solved all of his problems?

I know well Seunghyun was only joking, but I was way too pissed off.

 

"Have you always been this ? Or are you actually born ?"

 

Or maybe because of what happened just now in the hospital.

 

"Or is it because you have a minister daddy to clean up your , so that's why it's okay to be an ?"

 

I need to let go of everything. Be it on him.

Seunghyun was silent on the line.

 

"What my dad has to do with this--"

"You treat everyone like a joke because you have money, don't you? Eventually everyone gonna bow to you and your family, so it's okay to be an anyway... You think you're doing better than almost all of us, because you have a good family background, don't you? But think again. You've grown up with my tax money, or maybe even dirty money... If I have a politician daddy, I would have killed myse--"

"Apologize." Seunghyun's voice was so tensed.

 

my temper. What did I say again?

 

"Apologize now." His voice was no joke.