He's a Doctor Too?!

You're My Wife.

The guy who stopped behind Minah in his dark blue suit and his hair styled up, yes it was him.

That Choi guy, who abused my Audi!

Just, what kind of fate is this?

 

The three of us looked at each other, while that Choi guy simply locked his eyes with me from the moment he joined us.

Mweoya?! Minah eonni knows him? Are they all sunbae and hoobae? What is this? Isn't he an architect?

Hundreds of questions were running through my mind as I cursed myself for not asking which university did Dong Wook graduated from. I thought it was already totally safe to know that Minah and Dong Wook didn't work in the same place. How cliche!

 

"Sunbae, do you know Jihyun?" Minah suddenly broke the silence between us.

"Oh, do you know her too?" Dong Wook was a little too excited. He took a glance at me afterwards.

I just smiled. "Ne, Minah eonni is my sunbae and also my best friend since high school." I chuckled.

"B-but hold on. Hold on. What are you two?" Minah asked, absolutely confused.

"Friends!" I answered a little too fast. "He's eomma's friend's son!"

Dong Wook chuckled. "Yeah, I brought her along as partner today."

"But how come I never know you're friends with sunbae?" Minah asked in curiosity.

"Eonni! It's possible for you to not know my friends too right? I don't know all your friends either!" I panicked.

"But you don't hang out with doc--" "Eonnie!!" I cut her right in time. No one needs to know that I dislike doctors, right now. Especially in some doctors' territory.

Luckily Minah got the sign and just chuckled awkwardly.

 

"Then, who is.." I quickly changed the topic as I politely sign to that Choi.

"Ah, he's my hoobae in medic school. Choi Seunghyun, meet Lee Dong Wook sunbae, and my dongsaeng Jun Jihyun." Minah introduced us to each other.

I was right. But, hold on. Hold on... I though he's an architect in YG? Is he his twin?.. But is the name similar? Was that guy Choi Seungyoon or Choi Seunghyun?

 

"Dong Wook sunbae graduated when I was in my first year. And Seunghyun enrolled when I was in my second year. You guys might not know each other, right? Introduce yourself, he's our sunbae." Minah pushed Seunghyun softly since it's a tradition in our country to respect and greet your sunbae even if he graduated way before you enrolled.

But judging by how they locked their eyes with each other, I would conclude that this definitely wasn't the first time they met. I can sense the extraordinary tension between the two men.

 

"I know him. Of course I know him. Who doesn't know the one and only son of our Health and Welfare Minister." With that line came out from Dong Wook, I assumed they must have had some past together. But of course that's not the point.

Minister's son? No wonder he can afford an i8! The first to enter South Korea too!

 

"Right, sunbae. You worked here before right?" Minah clearly failed to sense the bad aura building between them.

So... let me try to sum this up. Today is Boramae's anniversary dinner. Boramae is owned by our Health Minister, which happened to be Seunghyun's abeoji. So it's possible for his family members to be here, celebrating. Then, if Dong Wook is an ex employee in Boramae, it's possible for him to attend this dinner too.... And Minah eonnie who doesn't even have any relationship with Boramae, is Seunghyun's sunbae. So it's possible that Seunghyun invited Minah eonnie to this dinner. That's fine too. But, how Seunghyun and Dong Wook are related until they have slightly unfavorable relationship with each other? Did they date each other before?... Or, did they fought over Minah eonnie before?! Uwwaaa daebak!

 

"Yes. By the way, if it's not too late.. Nice meeting you again, Dr. Choi." Dong Wook offered a handshake, but even I can feel the silent provocation from him.

And now what? He's a doctor too?... Ah right! Same school with Minah eonni. But then, isn't he an architect? What the .

 

I finally decided to stop thinking after everything became so complicated and I forgot that whatever they are, it didn't even concern me in any possible way, so why even bother?

 

"We met again... But not sure if I should say it feels nice to meet you too." Seunghyun replied with that husky voice of his.

I was taken aback by his reply. I mean, I know you don't like him but you don't need to shove it on his face, especially when he's your sunbae. That's rude!

Judging by Minah's shocked face, I know that it wasn't only me who has been doing the thinking. Even though they are related to Minah, I guess Minah was clueless too, about their relationship.

Mweoya eonni?! Don't tell me she's that ignorant? She doesn't even realise that both of them are fighting over her?

 

Dong Wook let out a small smirk as he slipped his hand into his pocket after his handshake got rejected.

"Umm, I thought you're an architect?" I was afraid that they might end up beating each other so I jumped in, just to let them know that Minah and I were still there. And I was tired of making assumptions too.

All eyes were on me.

 

"Jihyun ah, do you know Seunghyun?" Minah asked with her eyebrows almost connected to each other.

I was thinking a way to reply but then Seunghyun cut me.

"We're colleagues. In YG." He paused before he looked at me, "And yes, I'm an architect."

He's both architect and doctor? Oh, no wonder he started late in architecture, because he took medic first?... Wait, what?!

 

Two days ago, I asked Hyo Joo to make a background research about big people of YG. And I personally mentioned that I just wanted to know their working experience in related field, their achievements and things like that. And when I learned that even though Seunghyun is older than me, he started late in this field and didn't really have much of achievements yet, I was rest assured that I had more experience than him, and that's all mattered. I didn't even ask why. But now, since all the dots are connected, everything seemed clearer than ever.

 

"Oh, right! Jihyun changed her workplace." Minah snapped me out of my thought by her reply.

But hold on. Did he just say that we're colleagues?!.. OMG does this mean I got the job?!

My heart felt like bursting in happiness at the thought that I got the job, even though it's not official yet. But, I'm fully aware that Seunghyun has the power on deciding whether I get the job or not. Anyway, I pushed my moment-to-celebrate aside since I was surprisingly still curious about them. 

When I saw Minah was giving me the why-didn't-you-tell-me-you-got-the-job eyes, I replied her with my best you-want-to-talk-about-it-now?-seriously? eyes. She immediately came back to the two men that looked like they're going to stand there and stare at each other until one of them pass out of fatigue.

 

"What a coincidence that all of us actually know each other." Minah chuckled awkwardly but stop mid way when both Seunghyun and Dong Wook didn't respond to her and still keeping their staring game on.

"Ooh, look at the time!" I looked at my watch, it wasn't even 10pm but screw it.

"I think Dong Wook oppa and I better make a move now. I have something important to do early in the morning tomorrow." What is there to do by a single, unemployed bum in the early of a Saturday morning?

But whatever. The situation wasn't getting any better anyway. And that Shin freaking Minah sure has a lot to explain to me about her relationship with that i8 guy!

 

 

 

"What are you doing tomorrow morning?" Dong Wook suddenly asked in the journey back home.

I smiled as I felt dumbfounded at the lie I got myself into. "Ummm, some Saturday morning exercise?"

Dong Wook looked at me for a few seconds before he finally laughed.

"I thought you said you have important stuff to do?!"

"Hey, exercise is important, okay! You should know better, you're a doctor!"

 

The rest of the journey home was silent afterwards. We were both engulfed in our own thoughts.

"So you're not gonna ask?" Dong Wook suddenly broke the silence.

"What?" I was actually in the middle of thinking what should I eat for supper.

"About just now?" Dong Wook took a glance at me before focusing on the road again.

"Oh!.. Umm... I won't ask. But, if you want to share with me, it would be my pleasure." I didn't want to ask first about his triangle love with Minah and Seunghyun. It might be painful to him, I wouldn't know. And we're not even that close yet.

Dong Wook smiled at my reply, even though his eyes were on the road.

"You made me suddenly want to tell every single thing so bad."

I chuckled. "There's a bar at the Ground Floor of my condominium. Do you wanna...?" I gestured my hand as if I'm holding a small glass to drink.

Dong Wook flashed his absolutely stunning smile at me. "Call."

Dang, he gotta stop smiling like that.

He looks freaking good when he smiles.

"Assa!" I chuckled afterward. Drinking is definitely my thing.

 

After a couple of glasses of tequila, Dong Wook finally spilled out. I kind of forgotten how he started since I was busy staring at his gorgeous face, and I swear nothing went into my mind, but turned out that Seunghyun and him, had nothing, not even near to a love triangle. Even though he said that he's not sure whether Seunghyun is with Minah.

But, if they are together, of course Minah would tell me right? I'm her best friend! And she didn't even stay with her phone all the time, nor smiling when she received text messages. So, perhaps, she's not in a relationship.

 

"He's really childish." Dong Wook took another sip before he continued. "He's just jealous that his abeoji keeps on mentioning, comparing us with everything he does. What to say, I'm considered as the best doctor in Boramae, and even was excellent in my college days. Of course, his abeoji loves me." Dong Wook joked as we cracked up.

"I see." I took another sip too.

"His family is... a 'doctor family'. His parents, aunties, uncles are doctors too. Even his noona was arranged to marry a doctor... But medic is not his thing. He loves art. Building, architectures. But being the coward he is, he took medic anyway, because he was forced to.. "

"Was he a drop out?"

"Nah, somehow he finished his study."

"Wow." I was amazed.

"He even finished his houseman ship, but then he finally rebelled. No one knows what got into him at that time but the quiet upset Seunghyun, finally fight his abeoji."