Bingu part two

You're My Wife.

"His mother died when she gave birth to him 11 years ago. I was here that time. His mother was the first animal I made friend with, when I first start volunteering... When I was 15, so.. Around 14 years ago? I took care of her for 3 years. I come here every weekend just to play with her and help around. And she gave birth to 3 cubs actually.. But only Bingu survived. And she couldn't make it herself. She was bleeding too much." I got teary at the flashback.

I came to the zoo right after my class, cause the people say she will give birth that day. Animals were supposed to give birth themselves in the zoo, without our help. But when I saw she struggled, I knew something was a little off. I told the zoo keeper and the vet. But why would they listen to an 18 years old girl?

But as cliche as it seemed, turned out I was right. She was having a huge problem. And it was too late for them to help. When they sedate her for operation, it was too late. All the cubs can't be resuscitate. I was bawling my eyes out, watching them from the sliding door.

But then, they sensed a small movement from little Bingu. And that's how Bingu survived. 

When I was 18, it was such a tragic year. 

I lost Bingu's mummy... I lost my dad....

And my soul mate, Kwon Dami too.

 

I looked at Seunghyun with teary eyes. "I'm sorry. My period must be around the corner." I said, trying to lift up the mood.

Seunghyun pass me the tissue and smiled a little.

"I hope I don't freak you out. I can be very emotional." I laughed.

"Nah it's normal.... You tend to feel pain for someone else especially when you've been through that similar pain." He said as he locked his eyes with me.

That one line knocked me down. He was very precise.

I was so engulfed in his eyes. They were dark, and they showed pain. He must have had a similar pain too.

 

"Oh, right! I missed the most important part... I'm the one who get to name Bingu since I basically took care of his mum. I was thinking so hard to find a name, and it was so burdensome since they will have to create a plaque of his name to show to the visitors, right.. Then I asked my not-so-dongsaeng for opinion and he--"

"Not-so-dongsaeng?" Seunghyun cut me.

"Yeah not my blood dongsaeng, he's my friend's dongsaeng but I am so close with their family and I basically grew up with them."

"Oh, okay."

"So one day, because my friend had music class to attend, I brought that dongsaeng here and asked him to meet Bingu. Then when we're playing with Bingu, he suddenly asked me about the name. Then I asked him back for suggestion. And the reason he suggested Bingu was because he knows this one hyung who's a little too crazy, playful, and his nickname is Bingu. And that dongsaeng said, when he looked at Bingu the tiger, he remembered that Bingu hyung." I laughed at the memory.

Jiyong is so creative. But too bad until today, I didn't get the chance to meet that funny guy who Jiyong keeps on telling me about.

 

Seunghyun broke into a small smile as he listened to me. "Well that makes sense." I caught him looking at Bingu.

He must have grown fond of him. Bingu is so pitiful, isn't him?

He doesn't even get the chance to meet his mom. And he was brought to this world alone, we can't even put him together with other tigers. They were being too fierce on him.

"Do you wanna..." I pointed to Bingu.

"What?" Seunghyun asked.

 

"Play... with Bingu?" I asked carefully.

Okay, first of all. I don't just offer anyone to play with Bingu. Second, he's the second person I ever asked to come here and only on the reason because I was occupied today. It's impossible to discuss with him in the shelter or boutique, cause I'll be very busy.

Seunghyun looked at me with wide eyes. "Can we do that? I mean, can I do that? I'm just a visitor."

"Yea, but there's only certain time for visitors. Like feeding time or playing time. But you have me. I can bring you in. Plus, there's not much people today."

I said, excited. Seunghyun looked like he's in a deep thought.

 

"Does he.... Umm, does he bite?"

I burst into laughter. "He normally get a lil grumpy with guys. That's why normally only female volunteers in charge of feeding and cleaning his cage."

Seunghyun gulped at my answer.

"But don't be scared. He doesn't really like bite bite. Maybe he'll bite softly... Come on, it will be fun!" I said a little tooo excited. I was already on my feet and was ready to take my first step.

 

Actually, Bingu doesn't really like guys. I used to tell him every time I come, that if one day he's not grumpy towards a guy, then it's a sign that the guy is my soul mate.

I know it's stupid. But hey, I was only 18!

 

"Come on." I looked at Seunghyun. To my surprise, he stood up.

I was expecting him to say no thanks and just chill there like nobody's business.

Oh okay wow.

 

 

Both of us were walking to the cage, side by side. I had the envelope on my right hand and my milkshake on the left while Seunghyun have his drink on his left hand and right hand in his pocket.

"You come here every week?" He looked at me casually.

"No, not anymore after I come back from the UK. It's hard to even come here once a month after I work." I stopped by the side for a while to throw my plastic cup.

"How old were you when you left to UK again?"

"18. Up till 24 years old. I never come back, not even once. Can you imagine, I left when Bingu was 5 months, and came back when he's 6 and a half years old! I'm such a horrible mother." 

Well, luckily it just took two weeks for me and Bingu to get along again.

Seunghyun laughed a little at my mini drama.

But suddenly his laughter died and he stopped walking. I turned back to look at him.

 

"Waeyo? Did you forget something?" I looked at him, who's just like three steps away from where I stand.

"Right! We were supposed to have a talk about something before you even start about Bingu." Seunghyun looked at me.

I gasped. "Yes! What was it again?" Did he get to mention anything? Damn,I totally forgotten!

 

He looked at me for a second before he walked towards me and stand right in front of me. I was wearing sneakers so my eyes were just around his shoulder level.

Wow he's quite tall... And nice figure.

 

"This." He suddenly reached out his right hand towards my face, and tugged a few strands of my hair behind my left ear, gently.

I was surprised by his action. But I was more surprised that I didn't move backwards or avoid his hand.

What's wrong with me? Normally my reflex is fast. But. But it's like,

I trusted that he wouldn't hurt me so I didn't even bother to dodge. And it's too early to trust him! Who knows if he's a psycho.

 

"That one." He pointed to the side of my forehead.

"W-what?" I can feel blood rushing into my head, my face. And my heart was beating so fast.

What are you beating so fast for?! Stop!.. Ah, not stop. Slow down! And why is he so close?!

I would take a step back just if he didn't smell this nice.

 

"You were injured, weren't you?" His voice was calm, his gaze down into my eyes was intense, that for a second he looked like he really care.

"Oh.. Yea.. Wait. How did you--" How did he know?! I took off the plaster, and there's no scar! Were he happened to be in that hospital when Hyeon Woo threw tantrum?

 

"There's blood stain on the collar of the coat I lent you."

 

Oh. I feel a little relieved by his answer but slightly, very slightly disappointed. I covered with a laugh.

"Ooooh.. Sorry about that. Is it hard to come out? Sh-should I get you a new coat? Just text me the brand. I can find for you." Yeah, let's settle it like that, since he doesn't look like someone that will take money.

"Wait... What?" He was taken aback by my reply.

Mweoya... He wants money instead?

 

I laughed again as I continued to walk. "Aish. I thought it's something important. Was it a limited edition?" Right. He wouldn't care about you, Jihyun. You're just a stranger.

"It is... But no. Wait. What? No it's not the coat. I mean. We're not talking about the coat. We're talking about you."

I stopped on my track and looked at him.

"Hmm?" About me?

He walked towards me again.

 

"Trust me, I have thousand of questions in my head the moment I saw you in the plane up till the moment you walked away from my room."

I just stared at him.

Me too. I have thousands of questions that I wanted to ask you too.

About you, you and Minah eonni, about you and Dongwook oppa, what's the story between you guys? Why did you take architecture after becoming a doctor? Why do you understand the pain of losing like I do? I wanna know everything about you. 

But, out of all the questions for him, I still can't seem to answer the question for myself.

 

Why do I even care?

 

I don't know how to respond. It's still too early to talk to him about 'Jun Jihyun'. I'm not ready. And as I said, I'm not even sure is he going to be 'my people' or else.

 

"But I don't know whether I'm even in the spot to ask yo--"   "No you're not." I cut him, coldly.

"Excuse me?" He was slightly taken aback.

 

I gave him a small smile as my clench tightened on the envelope.

"You're not there yet." I muttered a sorry. I'm just not ready yet.

 

He's not Jiyong. He's not Chang Wook. Even the girls barely knew about my problems even though we're all best friends. 

 

"Oh. Okay." There's disappointment in his eyes.

I sighed.

What is this awkward aura again? It's amusing how one moment both of us can be so sarcastic and the next moment like some lost soul mates and the next moment like...

Strangers.

 

We were just standing there looking at anywhere but each other.

"Umm, you know what. Maybe I should come again next time.. I have another appointment too, to be honest." He said smiling.

 

I was a little disappointed, but if I were him, I would do the same. The mood was just so out.

"Oh, sure. I need to do some cleaning inside too so actually it's not a right time to play today." I said smiling wide.

 

"Right." He nodded. "So.. I... Should make a move." 

 

I nodded. "Oh, thanks for this. I'll get back to YG asap." I showed up the envelope.

 

"No problem. Thanks for the drink."

 

We both stayed still, looking at each other. I have these little tiny feelings where I actually wished for him to stay.

"Drive safe." I said as I walked backwards. 

He started to take a step too, towards the exit but still facing me.

 

"See you." His gaze was deep.

"I'm not sure if I wanna see you again." I joked and I caught him rolled his eyes.

We waved goodbyes as both of us turned into our own paths. 

 

Hey he's not as as he seems.

I was just three steps away from entering the cage when I turned to see Seunghyun.

"Nice to meet you, Seunghyun ssi."

 

 

 

 

 

[Seunghyun's POV]

It felt like a hard slap when she reminded me where to stand. I kicked a small stone on my way to the exit.

Even though she just said that I'm not in the spot, but what I heard was like 'Don't ever cross the line! Can't you see the wall I'm building? Should I make it more obvious?'.

Okay fine that was exaggerating.

But yeah, it doesn't feel good. Well hello, I'm definitely not someone who like to stick my nose in someone else's business. But I have no idea what's gotten into me lately.

"Yah Choi Seunghyun. Since when you become ahjumma-like?" I stopped on my track.

But I want to know. I really want to know.

 

I turned to see Jihyun's walking towards the cage.

"I'll cross that line soon. Wait for me."

 

 

 

 


 

Notes: 

Oh well.... Hi

Hello!  XD

I'm so sorry that it took me yearrrrrrssss to update. Been so busy with life!

I've been on a roller coaster of emotions these days that I finally need to give me some time out of the real world. 

lol.

Thanks and sorry for the wait!