Witch Ji Hyun

You're My Wife.

[YOUR POV]

I sip on my hot chocolate as I flip through the proposal again. I look at all the numbers which don't make any sense to me. Something are fishy about them.

"Sorry, Mister..." I trail off as I have actually forgotten his name. Not that I care though.

"Mr. Jang--"

"Whatever your name is. Let me tell you something... This proposal in my hand, is a perfect example for a lousy proposal." I cut him with a stern voice.

As usual, I receive gasps and murmurs from every directions of the huge board of directors' meeting room, right after I throw my harsh comment. Every single time. Not that I care either.

"You are being ridiculous. Why would you need this much of a budget to spend on a small scaled project? Is this your first time handling project? Everything is just so unacceptable... Let me point each one for you, since it looks like you've been asking for it." I pause and flip through the proposal to the page that I have aimed since the presentation start.

"First of all, you can actually save a lot in this material cost. If you know how to bargain with the suppliers but you chose not to bargain. I've checked with the suppliers by myself and talked to them, and guess what? I got a new price for your project. Way lower than what you state here... You refused to bargain because it's not your money, isn't it? The company gonna pay for it, so why trouble yourself to bargain, is that what you have in mind?.. Next, what about this carriage fees? This amount is just too much for a five trips, and if you do the calculation right, you can actually minimize it into three trips. You don't really need a five trips carriage. And then, this expenses for clients' entertainments.. Isn't this just too much? Are you sure this is for clients, and not for YOUR PERSONAL entertainment, huh?"

Mr. Jang's face turns red and his glares becomes so fierce.

"Do you really need me to point everything out? How many years have you been working in this company? Do you really need someone to teach you on how to actually propose a decent budget?" I stand up from my seat, and start to pack my stuffs as my PA follows my lead.

"If you want to present a project to me, you better do it right. Don't expect me to sign something like this."

Every eyes are on me. I know I have this y attitude in my workplace but I just can't help it. And knowing that I'm still new in this company, but I've been scolding a lot of employees which are all way older than me, made me feel uncomfortable sometimes. But I choose to ignore that. As a superior, I have to correct them from making mistakes. That's my responsibility.

 

I'm about to take my first step when Mr. Jang suddenly yells at me.

"Jun Ji Hyun you witch!"

Making me stops and smirks at his remark, while the gasps and murmurs in the room get even louder as a response to his outburst. I actually see that coming.

I lock my eyes with Mr. Jang's and give him my emotionless face.

"You are a , do you know that? How can you talk so rude with someone who's almost your dad's age? Don't your parents teach you how to respect others?! I've been working in this company for 10 ing years while you're still a newbie! You better watch your ing attitude!"

A few of his colleagues stand up by his side, patting his back, trying to calm him down. They are afraid if he's actually going to do something to me. But I'm not afraid. Not even a tiny bit even though that's a first time, an employee actually burst out like that.

"Well Mr. Jang, you might be older than me, but I am still your superior. Whether you like it or not, please mind your language when you speak to me. And FYI, I only respect people who deserves to be respected. Too bad, you're not on the list. And one more thing, it's not something to be proud of, that you've been stucked in this company for 10 years and didn't get any promotion. You don't need me to point the reason out for you, right?"

I know, I just have to say that.

"You think that all of us don't know that you're such a ing . You've been sleeping with all your clients to get all those big projects, hundred millions worth projects, isn't it?... At that age, how else can you get them if you don't use your cheap body?"

The meeting room is in a total chaos with the main attention is still on us, of course.

I have to admit that he actually succeeded in getting on my nerves. I might be strict and straight forward, but I don't curse or fight, at least not in office. I always push my emotions aside. That's just how professional a Jun Ji Hyun is.

Gathering all the sanity I have left in myself, I choose not to lowered myself to his level. However, I still need to defend myself, isn't it?

Aish this ing bastard. 

I flash my best smile. "Nope, Mr. Jang. You're very wrong. I don't do that. Well, I don't need to do that. My ideas are just brilliant enough to make me get all those projects. I think better than others, I do work better than others, I work harder than others, to get to this point. I failed a lot of times, a lot.. But I don't give up. I give my best shot in everything I do, no matter how many times I do it. All those struggles, those sleepless night, those overtimes... I've been through everything. I've been in my lowest point in my life. But I don't give up. I don't blame others for my weaknesses nor I wish to see them fail, I don't accuse or try to drag others to see them fall. That's what makes me in my position now and you're in your position still."

 

Even though I'm still a newbie in this company, I know something that most of them don't. At first, I wouldn't believe myself either. I actually discovered that Mr. Jang have been committing fraud and corruption for the past three years. I caught him a few times when I looked into his past projects. He always states higher price but he actually gets lower price whenever he deals with suppliers. The remaining budget will always goes into his pocket. I have gathered enough evidents, all those invoices and receipts that he faked successfully, but it has been always hard for me to talk to him about this. I just don't know where to start. And I never had the chance to stop him. Not until I got promoted and becomes his superior. Just if, I can tell everyone how bad is this guy, who always act nice and even become friends with our nice and kind chairman. He's the real definition of a backstabber. He's the most disgusting person in this universe. I despise this kind of person with all my . I would say my heart, but my is bigger.

Nevertheless, I still need to wait for the right time to reveal the truth. If he gets fired now, the company will suffer since a lot of suppliers still like to deal with him compared to other employees. And it's not the time to make any suppliers upset, not yet.

The most important thing is that, I need to end this argument before it's my turn to burst out. 

"Well if you excuse me."

I was already two steps away from the main door, thinking that I have successfully put the argument to an end. However, with no sweat, he counterattacks me. 

"I pity you though. You have a good career, nice car, nice house, but you're still single. No one wants to marry someone like you! Sick attitude! You act good, you act smart, you act like you know everything and everyone else here is wrong, you act different from others but deep inside you're a liar. You're so fake. You're the same with all of us. This is why there's no guy wanna date you! I pray for you to be single untill you die! Just rot with your career and go to hell!"

I freeze in my position. Yes, I don't know what to reply anymore. And yes, I don't see that coming. Maybe it's just my feelings but I feel like everyone is laughing at me in the inside. I'm aware that no one likes me in this company. I know everyone would love to see me fall.

He gets me on my tongue. I feel extremely humiliated. But what is so wrong with being single at the age of 30? 

As if he cut my tongue, I couldn't reply him anymore. He smirks at his victory as he knows he finally get me. I'm just standing there, giving him my typical emotionless face, acting as if his words don't hurt me at all. But he knows, everyone knows, that was a little too harsh, even for me.


 

"He's a ing dumb freaking triple ing morron!! Well I'm a ing single because I ing chose to be single! It's not that no ing one wants me! Urgh, he's a ing jerk! He just have to pull out that card!" Well, keep in mind that when I say I don't curse in office earlier, I really don't. But today is exceptional.

I continue to punch and kick the invisible Mr. Jang in front of me while my PA, Hyo Joo keeps banging her forehead on the wall. I turn to look at her and the scene earlier in the meeting room flashed back.

 

"That is where you are wrong Mr. Jang. Ms. Ji Hyun is currently dating a successful hot business man and they're planning for their wedding already. Please be aware that you'll receive an invitation card on your desk soon. Very soon.. Unless, if you're not invited."
 

"Hyo Joo ya, what do I do now?" I could not thank her enough for saving me from the embarrassment but I just realize that the lies will definitely backfires me at the end of the day. Or maybe from now onwards.

A new message pops out in my phone for the umpth time, made me feel like fainting.

'Congratulations Ms. Ji Hyun....' it reads.

"Not again." I sigh for the hundredth time.

"Eonni, I'm so so so sorry. I just.... I can't find any other things anymore to say but I would really want to save you."

I close my eyes as I just lie down on the rooftop garden, enjoying the cold air slapping my face.

"I know. I don't wanna lose either." I muttered under my breath.

 

"Eonni, what if.. you just hire any guy to marry you and then just get divorce after a year. Doesn't it sounds like a good plan?" Hyo Joo's eyes light up.

"Hyo Joo ya, are you crazy? My mum's gonna kill me, chop me into pieces and throw me into some river. Wedding is not a joke!" I frown at her so-called good plan.

"Then, what about the guy, your mum's choice... Her friend's son or something. He should be your level right?"

Hyo Joo is right. Recently, my mum had been trying to hook me up with all of her friend's sons. But I just don't have time for that. I can't make time to go on a blind date or stuffs. Not at this moment, I have a huge project coming up.

"But, do you think they're gonna be some hot businessmen?" I ask. Well of course they have to be, in order to marry me! No sarcasm intended here.

"Well, you just have to go out with them once and judge. It's not that hard. And there's a few candidates, right?"

But then, even if they aren't hot, I don't really have choice, do I? I need to save myself from embarrassment.

 

"Ah dang... Let's give it a try, then."

 

Later that evening, I drop by my mum's place for a dinner. She's already at the door, ready to welcome me in when I park my car in the garage. I smile softly at her. 

"Why are you suddenly dropping by for dinner? I thought you're so busy... By any chance, did they fire you or what?" She fakes a gasp. I smile and walk to her side.

"Is it so wrong to make time for my queen?" I blink my eyes and act cute.

"Aigoo, don't do that. You're already 30 years old, you make me wanna puke."

"Eomma, I'm not yet 30 years old though! How many times do I need to remind you." I pout while following her lead to the dining table.

 

"Where's oppa?" I ask her after our dinner. Not that I care though.

"Aigoo, look at you. After you finished your food only you wanna ask?" 

I chuckle at her remark.

"He's flying international flight this week."

"Oh."

I forgot that he's a pilot. Me and oppa are never in a good term. We don't really hate each other, but we're basically just mind our own business.

"By the way eomma, I have something important to ask you." I say, joining her on the couch.

She quickly switches off the TV and turns to face me with some serious aura .

"Wae? Did someone back stabbed you again in office? Or did you catch anyone bad mouthed you again?"

I let out a soft chuckle after realizing how pathetic is my life. The reason I've switched company last time was that one of my team member back stabbed me. Real hard that I actually cried. Well actually, my own expectations killed me, not really his doing. But let's just drop it.

"It's not about office this time... Do you still remember, that you want to introduce me to Aunt Soo Hee's son? Is he still single?"

She stares at me like I just confess I killed someone on my way here.

"Omona.... Did you hit your head anywhere?"

"Eommaaaa!" I facepalmed at her remark.

"You're being serious right?" She asked again.

"Yes, I would like to give it a try. Can you set up a date for us?"

 

And so, that's how it begins. What I believe as a turning point in my life, has finally started.