Chapter 4

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mid Spring, April 2012 

 

A sigh escaped from her chapped lips as she sat on her wheelchair, wind brushing against her pale skin with a cold breeze that sent her shivers up her spine. She hugged herself tighter with a blanket wrapped around her, memories of her brother roaming in her mind. His raven hair, cheeky smile, baby-like giggles, everything. She has missed his presence at the hospital during visiting hours, while those days only her other family members and certain friends came. 

She was on the rooftop with a nurse who was at the other side of the entrance door to keep her safe. The rooftop was the last place she visited at the hospital with her brother, one day before his official debut. He was wearing a mask and a cap to hide his identity from others but Aerin, knew he was Jongin. She just had a feeling. 

She closed her eyes and inhaled the scent of Spring as she thought of herself. She had until next year to feel the world before she couldn't, to freely eat before she only has to consume IV Food Drip, to fall in love before her heart stones, to remember before she forgets and to live before she dies.

 

‘O Lord, why are you punishing me like this? What have I sinned? But I am just a little girl who still wants to play around. I no longer do bad deeds. I have forgot the past. I don't even remember when was the last time I've seen my parents. Was it the yesterday? Or was it the day before? O Lord, please forgive my sins.’

 

“Um, excuse me..”

 

A voice interrupted her thoughts. She turned around and saw a boy, maybe older by a year or two, carrying school books. ‘What is he doing here?’ She thought as she looked at him from top to bottom. The boy remained silent as the wind blew wilder, making Aerin's long soft curled hair covering half of her face. The boy then cleared his throat.

 

“My name is Choi Hansol. Hansol Vernon Chwe/Choi. I'm a new transfer student from America and I'm here to tutor you, English. All orders from Mrs. Choi,”

 

Aerin gasped and repeated the word English under her breath. Oh, how she missed speaking in English but there were some words that she had forgotten. It was her favorite subject and she would love to study English again, if only her brain could take it. 

 

“B-But, doesn't she know that I'm sick? There's no use of tutoring me.. It will only tire you after talking and using your brain capacity for no use. I'm useless,” 

 

The boy furrowed his natural brown eyebrows and shook his head, disagreed to what the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter