Chapter 21

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years later.                                                     **Read the A/N later!

Seventeen had just finished their concert and was heading back to their still shared dorm. They had a major success after their 2017 comeback, which was probably their year, with their song title dedicated to Aerin and after that they became one of the most world known k-pop idols alongside EXO and BTS.

Shortly after Aerin's passing, everyone eventually found out about Kim Aerin, youngest daughter of KJ Corp's CEO, Kim Jongguk, and sister of EXO's Kai aka Kim Jongin. Even Seventeen had decided to reveal that Vernon aka Hansol had dated the girl until her last days. For the entire month, everyone was buzzing with the statements released by KJ Corp, SM and Pledis. People had sent the family of the deceased white rose wreaths to commemorate her passing and sent their condolences. Fans of EXO and also Seventeen had gave the two idols support to stay strong after the loss. But they never knew how she looked like as there were no pictures released upon Mr. Kim's request. 

At first, Hansol couldn't believe what he was seeing when he passed by a certain cafe in Gangnam-do. K.A Cafe & Florist, it said just above the store. When he walked in, he was surprised to see the elements of white roses being used as decor in the cafe. The store wasn't opened for business as he noticed a few workers, already in their uniforms, carrying bouquets of flowers and entered another section of the cafe, which revealed the florist shop. There he saw the owner, helping her workers placing the flowers in white vases. She turned around and noticed the guy and waved as smiled brightly. Hansol returned her the smile.

 

“Hansol! It's been 4 years!”

 

It was Elizabeth, Aerin's best friend. She was a lot older now, about twenty-two. Her American features had contrast over the years but she couldn't hide her Korean eyes which she inherited from her father. After Aerin's passing, the two had met a lot to visit Aerin's grave until she decided to study abroad for business school so Hansol ended up going alone or sometimes with a fellow member. If he was lucky, he would see Jongin there too or Aerin's other family members. The two, Elizabeth and Hansol, you could say they were friends. She jogged up to him and gave him a friendly hug as he patted her back. 

 

“Business school had led you to open up this amazing thing?”

 

“Yes! I was so excited to return home and Jongin oppa decided to have his shares and I was glad enough to combine business with him and live up Aerin's dreams.”

 

The girl had beamed but Hansol's heart sunk a little when he heard the name slipped through her tongue. He didn't want to be sad, especially for an important morning for her. Elizabeth noticed the changed expression from his face and flicked his forehead, making him flinch.

 

“Yah, don't be sad! Aerin wouldn't want you to.”

 

Hansol chuckled and nodded at the younger. 

 

“Oh! I almost forgot, I have a surprise prepared for you and Jongin oppa!”

 

As if she had psychic visions, Jongin entered the cafe, looking healthy as ever. Elizabeth waved at him and gave him a hug. Hansol embraced the late-twenties guy too. The opening was at 12 noon which was an hour away so they had a little bit of time to catch up as Elizabeth pulled them deeper into the cafe, leading to the back section of the cafe. A private area or so she called it, VIP area.

 

“Aerin's life was revolved around important people, Mr. Kim is one of Korea's richest investor, Jongin oppa and Hansol are both idols and Mrs. Kim is now the head of South Korea's Leading Women's Society. All of you are important people so as I was designing the place, I decided to have an entire section just for important people to relax away from the public. The windows are tinted so nobody can see inside and there will be two guards there to prevent any commotion happening at the entrance to this section. I felt like Aerin would have wanted this. Ah, if only she was here to see this.”

 

Her face had changed as she missed her best friend. The one she could never replace

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter