Chapter 19

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If saying goodbye is the right choice, so be it. 

 

If pain could be defined in nature, it would be ice. Cold, stiff and lifeless. Aerin stared at her book for a long moment until she heard someone call up her name from a far but it was a voice she was not too familiar with. She shifted her gaze from the book to the person and saw Samuel coming up to her, smiling brightly on a lazy February afternoon. He had another schedule, she supposed because he was the only being there carrying his backpack, other than her that is. Aerin smiled up to him as she patted the empty spot next to her on the bench she was sitting on. 

 

“Are you skipping evening class again, Aerin noona?”

 

The older of the two nodded as Samuel sat next to her and looked at the cover of her book when she decided to stop reading after repeatedly reading the same lines over and over again. The book rested on her lap as she put her arms at her sides as she looked up at the late winter skies and sighed. Samuel turned his body to her and cleared his throat. 

 

“I'm sorry for asking this but, I've noticed that you've been looking tired lately. Are you sick? Is that why you're skipping evening classes on some days?”

 

Aerin looked at his worried expression and chuckled. She understood that he was concerned but his puppy face was just too adorable for her to contain.

 

“What? Is there something on my face, noona?”

 

“No! No! It's just that, nothing! I'm fine, Sam. Don't worry. I'm just tired from school maybe.”

 

Silence came upon between the two once again. The cold wind blew aggressively, making Aerin shiver although she was covered in thick clothing. Her skin turned pale as her eyes lost her gaze. Samuel looked over to her and saw her shivering to the bones. 

 

“Noona, are you okay? Noona?”

 

Aerin collapsed against Samuel's body as he caught her in his arms. Samuel panicked as he placed the back of his palm on her forehead. Her temperature was burning hot. Samuel took off his jacket and put it on her and scooped Aerin, lifted her up in his arms and went to the gates. As if God was watching, Samuel's manager came looking for him to pick him up for practice but instead panicked looking at the artist carrying an unconcious girl in his arms. 

 

“Hyung! Help me! Take us to the hospital first!”

 

By the time Aerin was awake, she thought it was all a dream. Samuel was next to her, holding her hand tightly although he was fast asleep. She flinched looking at the young one still with her, which caused him slowly wake up. He noticed her hand was still in his and quickly removed it and cleared his throat.

 

“You're awake!”

 

“You know my secret.”

 

“I am afraid so. Your parents were here but they had to speak with the doctor so I insisted to stay here with you.”

 

Aerin heaved out a heavy sigh.

 

“Look, Sam—”

 

“Let me take care of you! And, uh, your secret is safe with m-me.”

 

Aerin looked at him sternly, hoping he would understand what she was going to say to him.

 

“Sam, I don’t need anyone to take care of me. I had enough of that when I was younger. Please, now that you know, don’t treat me any different from how you treated me before this.”

 

Samuel sighed and stood up from his seat, walking towards the door to leave Aerin. Before closing the door behind him, he took one last glance at Aerin who broke down in tears.

 

“I will still take care of you, no matter what you say.”

 

<~TheWhiteRose~><~TheWhiteRose~><~TheWhiteRose~>

 

The days after became a blur to Aerin as her memory bank worsened. It was getting harder for her to study in school as she was lagging behind from her classmates. The incident with Samuel had brought her more terrible news that broke her heart completely. The doctor had to limit her activities although she was free to go anywhere she desired. It was as if she was not in a cage but instead they had put a leash on her. Her skin had turned pale instead of the fair skin she once had. Her lips were always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter