Chapter 17

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventeen's Debut, May 26th 2015.

 

“Agh, Sofia. How do I look? This was like the best casual dress I had in my closet but I—”

 

Sofia groaned, answering Aerin once again for the nth time. Aerin was going to Seventeen's debut showcase with the Chwe's in courtesy of Han Sung-soo himself. Well of course Seventeen's family members had backstage passes with their concert tickets. That was why Aerin was so busy with how she looked like. Her boyfriend was going to be an idol, who dresses well in branded goods. Although the Kim's could afford all the luxurious things, they were ever so humble and were always keeping things simple.

 

“Eonni, you look perfectly fine! Hansol Oppa will still look at you the same. Don't worry.”

 

Sofia's statement made Aerin worry even more. The two were walking to Seventeen's dressing room with Mr & Mrs. Chwe following behind them. They were the first family to arrive and visit the boys as they were still resting after rehearsals. Mrs. Chwe had prepared food for the boys to eat before the show started. When they entered the room, only the boys were inside and were all drenched in sweat, trying to dry themselves by fanning. 

 

“Oh, Hansol's family!”

 

Seungkwan announced as he was nearest to the door. The boys all gathered and greeted the family and Aerin. Aerin had brought a bouquet of flowers for her beloved as she hid it behind her back and waited for the perfect moment to give it to him. Everyone knew who Sofia was but Aerin's presence made the boys wonder. Hansol went over to her and introduced them to her and vice versa.

 

“Uh and so, guys, this is Aerin. She's a.. umh..—”

 

“Our Hansol's girlfriend?????”

 

The boys screamed loudly. Mr and Mrs. Chwe could only laugh at their excitement as Sofia slightly patted Aerin's back. Aerin laughed nervously as she gave the bouquet to Hansol and whispered ‘fighting!’ to the latter. Hansol smiled and placed the bouquet on a coffee table then went to take pictures with his family and Aerin. A little while later, more families came and the dressing room couldn't accommodate everyone so some were outside by the halls and the others were inside, simply to get the best of their luck from their loved ones. Afterwards, the families were asked to enter the concert hall as Seventeen had to get ready for the concert. 

 

Everything else was just as perfect. The way the boys had performed was breath-taking. Their swift & synchronized dance moves, their vocals, and simply everything was just amazing. The fans were screaming on top of their lungs at the sight of Seventeen appearing on stage. Aerin had her eyes on Vernon the entire time he performed and sang along to a few songs that she already knew. Aerin saw the comfort of Vernon on stage and felt the potential they all had ahead of them. They had fun performing and it was like all their years of hardwork being finally paid off.

 

In the middle of one of the performances, Aerin's lungs contracted and she started to cough uncontrolably. Sofia, whom was too engrossed with the show didn't realise what was going on with Aerin and the music was too loud. Aerin looked into her palms as she felt mucous being spat onto them. There was blood in her palms and so she quickly ran out of the concert and went to the washroom to wash away all the blood on her palms and lips.

 

“This isn't good.”

 

She told herself as she looked at herself in the mirror. She took out painkillers and gulped two pills down and chugged a bottle of water. When she felt a little better, she went back to the Chwe's and enjoyed the concert. However, she couldn't let go the fact that she could be sick once more.

 

<~TheWhiteRose~><~TheWhiteRose~><~TheWhiteRose~>

 

When the concert and the shooting for 17 Project ended, Seventeen, their staff and their families went out to have a celebration dinner. Everyone was talking to each other. Families talking to other families about their sons or brothers, members talking about the concert but Aerin was just quietly eating slowly as her stomach churned and she felt sick and pale. Hansol, whom was at another table across the families' table, looked at the uncomfortable expression on Aerin's face and cocked an eyebrow. He slid out his phone from his pocket and typed away.

 

From Han Oppa :

Are u ok? U dun look gud.

 

To Han Oppa :

Im gr8. go eat!

 

From Han Oppa :

U sure? I got info dat ur dad is comin 2 congratulate us. Go home w him.

 

To Han Oppa :

Im fine. Don't worry about me. Sofia asked to sleepover. couldnt say no. Now eat!

 

He smiled at her and put his phone away. She did the same and then let out a huge sigh. Sofia turned to her and they talked about the concert. Soon afterwards, Mr. Kim walked into the restaurant with two escorts. Everyone bowed to him as he walked over to Seventeen's table and spoke to them. 

 

“Congratulations boys. Your CEO and I are very proud. This dinner will be on me. Please, enjoy yourselves.”

 

Mr. Kim made eye contact with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter