Chapter 3

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2012 

“Oppa, how's life outside?”

 

She asked with her eyes fixed onto a piece of paper that had her almost done drawing. She was yet again stuck in the hospital receiving medical treament, in the same room filled with white roses around her. Some were from her friends back at school, some were from her family but most of them were from her beloved brother. 

 

“It's fine, I guess,” 

 

He replied as he continued to hum to the lyrics of his debut song. He was about to debut and his schedules were hectic, packed. He rarely came to visit his sister due to non-stop practices back at the company. But she understood. She always did. 

 

“When is oppa going to debut?”

 

“Probably in 2 weeks. I guess this is my last visit until the promotions are done,”

 

Her lips twitched downwards slightly, she was frowning. Of course she was disappointed to hear her brother not visiting her for 2 months maybe but she smiled in the end. She was happy for her brother and she could finally watch him on television. But there was also something else bothering her inside, herself.

She knew her brother will get interviewed and will be asked about siblings. She refused to be exposed to public for the fact that she was sick. ‘What if Jongin oppa gets looked down by the other members or staff or fans?’ she thought. Her eyes wandered off to her brother's figure. He was trying to get the key right and had little dance steps added, she smiled to the sight in awe. 

 

“Oppa, can you promise me something?”

 

the older one looked up to her, putting away the lyrics he was memorising. He leaned in to hear her better and gave her a genuine smile, 

 

“Anything. Just say it,”

 

He said, turning his genuine smile into a proud one. He knew he was going to do anything for her, for real. But when he looked at her, her eyes showed seriosity (seriousness). Usually, she never looks at him that way. 

 

“But before that, you'll be having interviews and be questioned by fans and all that questioning job right?”

 

“Yes,”

 

“And some will ask about family, that means there's also the sibling talk,”

 

Jongin nodded, still confused with the younger one's questions but went on with it calmly. Aerin heaved out a sigh and put down her pencil, grabbed his hand and laced their pinky fingers together. She looked at him as her eyes were blank, he didn't understa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter