Chapter 14

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mid Spring, April 2015

 

Aerin was in high school just like every other teenager. She had decided to go back to school in November last year and had to strive to enter highschool due to her home-schooled education when she was ill. She had spent a month of studying just to catch up with the rest of the students. However, she did manage to make a friend despite having her time fully occupied with studying. Her friend was a pretty girl from California named Elizabeth Lee. A Korean-American, just like Hansol. Her father was a Korean whereas her mother was an American.

 

Pretty immersed into the book she was reading, Aerin sat alone on a bench at the school's garden. She grabbed an apple from her backpack, eyes still glued to the book, and took a bite of the apple. She was reading an English romance book about a couple who fell in love despite being cancer patients. Her reading was session was unfortunately interrupted when Elizabeth decided to snatch away her book, making Aerin groan.

 

“You and your books, Aerin.”

 

“You and your snatching, Elizabeth.”

 

The two blew raspberries at each other and laughed. Aerin got up and swung her backpack onto her back and walked with Elizabeth to the bus stop. Once the two of them were in the bus, the two faced each other and talked.

 

“Hey, I was thinking, why don't we go Gangnam?”

 

Aerin looked at Elizabeth with widened eyes. Elizabeth knew her secret, that she was EXO's Kai's sister but she never knew about Aerin's relationship with her (Elizabeth's) bias, Hansol, who was about to debut. Aerin panicked, thinking of so may possibilities that she would bump into Hansol if she was in that area. It had been months since she had last seen him physically, since her 14th birthday to be precise. 

 

“Earth to Kim Aerin!”

 

Her best friend snapped her out of her thoughts. Aerin looked at her and nodded, agreeing to her best friend to go to pits of Hell. Aerin wasn't scared of Hansol but she was disappointed in him. After he left, he never made any contact with her. It made her empty but she thanked the Heavens for sending a little angel named Elizabeth from California. Although it wasn't the same, Elizabeth made her happy. Like how Aerin made Sofia happy. The two were still in contact, constantly catching up with each other's lives unlike with Hansol. His name made her heart burn.

 

“Hey, Aerin. We're here.” 

 

Aerin and Elizabeth hopped off the bus and walked around the district. Both were still in their school uniforms but it didn't bother them. The two decided to go to a CD shop but as they were nearing to the shop, Aerin realized they were passing by Pledis' building. She froze in her spot because she thought she was crazy, a voice had called out her name. A very familiar voice.

 

“Elizabeth, y-you go on first. I-I..have to make some calls.”

 

“Okay, weirdo!”

 

Elizabeth happily skipped into the CD shop they planned to enter. However, Aerin turned around to see Hansol was running towards her. ‘As expected.’ she thought to herself. She straightened the skirt of her uniform and took a deep breath. As Hansol got closer he pulled her into a hug. Due to that, she felt her knees going weak. All she wanted was to melt in his embrace.

 

“I've missed you, baby girl.”

 

Aerin loosened herself from his embrace and looked away from him. She stood there in silence with a sad Hansol in front of her. She just didn't know what to say to him after six months of not seeing him. She had not even spend her Halloween with him, Christmas and not even his 17th Birthday. She sent gifts alright, but through fanmail and she was frustrated with that.

 

“I got your... gifts. Although the staff almost lost yours but they managed. I love them, Aerin. Thank you.”

 

“Can we talk somewhere more private?”

 

Hansol looked at her nervously whilst rubbing the back of his neck. Aerin looked at him and understood. He had no time.

 

“Oh, it's alright. I've got a friend waiting anyway.”

 

She bit her lower lip nervously as she looked for things to say.

 

“She's a big fan of yours, by the way.”

 

She paused again and started backing away.

 

“I gotta go. Bye Hansol oppa.”

 

She waved him goodbye and walked away to the CD shop where Elizabeth was in. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter