Chapter 15

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aerin sat alone by Han River. The wind blew into her face, making her hair dancing with the wind. Her smartphone tightly gripped in her palm as she hugged her legs and looked at the calm waters. Aerin waited for an hour and an hour became two hours. It was nearing her curfew by the time she checked the time on her phone, exactly 1 hour left. She looked around the area and spotted no one familiar. She then decided to go to the convenience store she once came with Hansol to grab a drink for herself. When she came back, there was still no sight of Hansol.

 

“You got stood up, Aerin.”

 

Aerin told herself as she still insisted to wait until it was time to leave. Hansol had texted her when she was waiting for a taxi and it specifically had said to meet up at Han River park. She waited and waited, until it was really running out of time. 15 minutes before midnight, she decided to leave. As she was about to leave, a young man came running to her and called out her name. She looked at the voice's owner and recognized him as Hansol. When Hansol came up to her, the two decided to sit down but left an empty space between them. 

 

“I had to come up with a lie to my manager but when I succeeded, Seungcheol decided to talk with everyone and—”

 

“It's alright, you're here now. But, my curfew's at midnight which is about 12 minutes from now.”

 

Hansol was not used to Aerin's curfew so he raised an eyebrow, seeking for explanation. Which then he realized, Aerin was a highschool student. He took a step back and looked at the younger one. Aerin had grown beautifully after several months of their separation. She was a lot taller and her features were starting to mature. He smiled. Aerin thought for a minute and decided to speak.

 

“Let's just talk at my house, if you're not busy that is.”

 

The two approached Aerin's chaffeur, who was waiting for them as he was called beforehand by Mrs. Kim. Hansol and Aerin had a silent journey to the Kim's residence. As soon as they got there, it was already quarter past midnight which made Aerin worry. When they entered the house, it was quiet. Mrs. Kim was not present t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter