Chapter 16

The White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day

Hansol left the night before, after Aerin announced that she was about to go to bed at 3AM. When the alarm rang, Aerin lazily rolled over to her bedside table to turn off her white antique alarm clock and got ready for school. As she was walking downstairs, the smell of breakfast prickled her nose. With her school bag on her back, she entered the dining room and was greeted by her mother's maids and her second eldest sister, Jae In. 

 

“Good morning, Aerin-ah!”

 

Aerin replied a lousy ‘good morning’ as she went to sit on a vacant seat next to her sister, not bothering to take off her backpack. Aerin sleepily grabbed a Pajeon (Korean pancake) with her chopsticks and ate quietly, which also meant dozing off with her eyes opened. Jae In laughed, knowing what happened last night as she bumped into Hansol, who was smiling to himself, when he was about to leave and she was exiting her mother's study as she had a couple of work to do. 

 

“You and Hansol had a lot to catch up on, am I right?”

 

Jae In started laughing which made Aerin rolled her eyes and grabbed another Pajeon and a small bottle of apple juice before making her leave to school. In the car, she continued eating whilst listening to her chaffeur singing along to girl group songs and laughed when he started dancing. As soon as she arrived school, she thanked her chaffeur for the ride and quickly went inside to look for Elizabeth. 

 

“Aerin! Aerin!”

 

Elizabeth called out when she spotted Aerin first amidst the crowd of students out and about. Aerin walked over to Elizabeth and noticed that there was another being next to her. A guy, to be exact. He was taller than the two of them but if Hansol were to be there, Aerin ought to think Hansol was taller by a few inches. She looked at him as if he was familiar to her but she couldn't pinpoint where she had seen him.

 

“Aerin, meet Samuel Kim. Samuel's my cousin. He's my mother's sister's son, if you could catch that. I don't know if you recognize him but he used to be on 17TV too. And he just transferred to this school because of his company or something.”

 

Aerin made an 'o' with as she did recognize him. He was the cute tiny one on 17TV who spoke English with Hansol and Joshua. Then, she realized something. Samuel was already an idol. He was made into a duo called 1Punch. Samuel bowed to Aerin which made her confused for a bit.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, nuna.”

 

That was when it hit her, Samuel was two years younger. Aerin laughed nervously, it was usually her being the respectful one since she was younger than most people in her environment. Nevertheless, she bowed back. 

 

“Please, just call me Aerin.”

 

Samuel made a confused look, he was shocked of something.

 

“Wait, you speak English? Beth said—”

 

“OKAY ENOUGH TALKING TO THE PRETTY KOREAN LADY, SAM!”

 

Elizabeth shoved a bun into the poor young boy's mouth, which made him groaned with the bun stuffed in his mouth. Aerin laughed as she hooked her arm with Elizabeth's and headed to class together. 

 

~TheWhiteRose~TheWhiteRose~TheWhiteRose~

 

When school hours ended, Aerin felt like she needed to tell Elizabeth of what happened the other night. About what happened with her and Hansol. Mostly, about everything. As they were leaving the school grounds, Elizabeth and Aerin didn't bump into Samuel as he left before school hours ended with permission, of course. So the two girls decided to go to a nearby coffee shop to grab some tea. After the two had ordered their drinks and light meals, they sat down across each other near the window where they could people passing by. Aerin looked at her nervously as Elizabeth was taking pictures of the shop. Aerin was battling with her mind to tell her bestfriend or to—

 

“You've got something to tell me, am I right?”

 

Aerin looked at her, awaken from her thoughts. 

 

“What?”

 

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and huffed. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter