Seven

Hospital Room 114

“So, she doesn’t know us at all?” Chanyeol asked as Kai nodded. “She doesn’t even scream or faint when she saw me. Most girls do that.” He stated smugly. “Tss. So conceited.” Baekhyun snorted.

“Wow! Then she’s like a modern Rapunzel.” Sehun stated as Kai cocked an eyebrow at him. Sehun started to stiffen, “You know, just like in the movie, where she wasn’t allowed to go out and she doesn’t…okay, I’ll shut up now.” He muted as he looked down.

“You and your princess’ things.” Luhan stated as he ruffled his hair. “How did you meet her then?” Suho asked as Kai shrugged. “Long story.” He drank from his water bottle. “Well, make it short. C’mon! We want to know.” Xiumin said as his shoulder slumped.

“It’s better if you don’t.” He answered as he stood up and grabbed his bag. “I’m going now.” He said and left the practice room. “Did you notice something?” Lay asked as they all looked at him. “What is it?” Chen asked, curiously.

“He seems excited to go to the hospital. He was so eager.” Lay stated as the boys stared at each other.

 

“Yah! Where are we going?” Kai blurted as she dragged her on the hallway. “It’s a secret, Ahjussi.” She said as looked at him. He just smiled as he let her drag him to wherever she is planning to take him. They stopped in front of a double door as the room number was plastered on the door.

“Room 114.” He read as he curiously looked at her.

“Is this your room?” He asked as she giggled. “Mmm.” She nodded. She opened the door as she went in. His eyes widened as soon as she saw her room. It wasn’t just an ordinary hospital room; it was like an ordinary bedroom. The master sized bed, the big vanity mirror, the flat screen TV, shelf full of manga and other things that aren’t supposed to be inside a hospital room.

He snapped out when he heard a shutter of a camera. He shook his head as he looked at her curiously. “What was that for?” He asked as he went inside. “A souvenir.” She answered as she placed her camera on the bedside table. “For what?” He inquisitively asked. “For being the first person who entered my room.” She happily said as he raised an eyebrow.

“First person?”

“Remember when I told to you that I don’t have any friends?” She started as he looked at her weirdly. “No.” She stuck her lower lip, “Oh, I didn’t?” She asked as he shook his head.

“Oh, forget about that, you’re my first ever friend.” She smiled as Kai tried to sync everything in. “Okay..” He trailed off as he sat on the sofa. “Why did you brought me here?” He asked as he looked around. “Well, since you’re my very first friend, I wanted you to see my room, and, what do they call it? Hang in? Go on? Hang….” She tried to think of the word as she scratched her head.

“Hang out.”

“Yea! That’s it!” She snapped as she smiled. “So that we could hang out.” She stated as he chuckled. He raised an eyebrow smugly, “So, what do you have in mind then?”

“Hmmmm,” She placed her finger under her lips. “We could…wait..no..hm..Oh! We…no,no..” He inwardly chuckled as he watched her with her confused face. She snapped her fingers as she opened but eventually closed them. She slumped on the couch as she pouted.

“What do you normally do when you hang out with your friends?” She curiously asked as he looked at him. He chuckled as he bit his lip. “Well, we play video games or just watch some movies.” He answered. “Ah! Movies!” She exclaimed as she ran to the rack of CDs under the television’s table.

“What do you want to watch? Horror? Comedy? Romance? Action? What? Huh?”

“Anything is okay.”

“Hm, okay, horror it is.”

He suddenly tensed up when she played the CD. “Oh! It’s going to start!” She exclaimed as she sat next to him. She grabbed a pillow as she hugged it tightly. As the movie was going intense, Kai tried his best to watch the movie without being scared, or at least acting like one.

She noticed the stiffed Kai beside her, “Are you okay?” He gulped as he nodded. “Perfectly fine.”  She tilted her head, “Are you sure?” She cocked an eyebrow. “You’re sweating. Is it too hot in here?” She asked as she looked around the area.

“I’ll just turn the temperature higher then.”

He suddenly held her wrist when she tried to walk away. She worriedly looked at him, “Ahjussi, what’s wrong?”

“Stay. Please.” He begged as she looked at her wrist and then back to him. “Okay.” She said as she sat down. When the was on they quickly covered their face with a pillow. The movie ended as they heaved a sigh. They both looked at each other when he noticed how close they were. He quickly moved away from her as he cleared his throat.

“Well, that was….okay.”

He stated as she nodded happily, “Mm, it was.”

His phone suddenly rang as he answered it. “Oh, right! I forgot! I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” He said and hung up. She curiously looked at him as he looked at her. “I’m sorry, but I have to go now.” He said as he stood up and grabbed his jacket.

“I’ll walk you to the lobby then.” She said as she hopped off from the couch. “You don’t have to.”

“It’s okay, Ahjussi.” She smiled as he shrugged. “Whatever.”

They entered the lift as they stood there in silence. “Ahjussi.” She called as Kai responded with a hum. “Did you have fun?” She asked as she looked at her pink, fluffy slippers. “Yea, I did.” He answered with a smiled.

“Really?” She beamed. “Then we’ll watch some other movies again when you come back. We could  watch Percy Jackson, Blind, and Despicable Me!” She exclaimed in joy. He chuckled at her sudden excitement, “I just said that I had fun but I didn’t tell you that we could do it again.” Her shoulders deflated as she pouted childishly.

“Okay, okay. I guess we can watch another movie.” He said as she jumped happily. “Really? Really? You mean it, Ahjussi?” She asked as he nodded.

She stopped jumping as she curiously looked at him, “But, Ahjussi…”

“What is it?” He asked as they went out from the lift. “Why did you stop me from leaving my sit a while ago?”

He suddenly stiffened as he tried to keep his cool. “W-well, it was already c-cold, I d-don’t want you to freeze us to death after the movie ends.” He stuttered as he tried to make an excuse. She thought for a while as she nodded. “I see.”

“I thought you were scared a while ago, that’s why you stopped me.” She giggled. “Scared? I’m not scared of anything.” He boasted.

“I know, Ahjussi.” She smiled, showing her crescent-shaped eyes.

His mind suddenly went short circuit as he looked at her. He snapped out when she called his name. “Ahjussi! Are you there?” She waved his hands in front of his face as he shook his head. “Yea, yea.” He subconsciously answered.

“We’re here now, Ahjussi. Goodbye!” She stated as he nodded. “Bye.” He said as he walked out. “Be careful on your way home, Ahjussi!” She shouted as he turned around and waved at her.

He entered the van as his manager asked him, “How was your day?” He looked out from the window and he saw her still standing by the glass door.

“Great.”