Six

Hospital Room 114

“Morning.” Xiumin greeted as Kai entered the dining room with a worn-out face. He looked at him as he opened the fridge. “No practice for today?” He asked as he grabbed a bottle of water.

“Nope. We’re so free for this day.” He answered as he drank from the bottle. “Not for me.” He said as Xiumin raised an eyebrow at him. “Why is that?”

“Volunteering.”

“Right.” He countered as he pouted. “Well, that .” He said as Kai shrugged. “I don’t mind.” Xiumin’s eyes widened as he oddly looked at him. “We’re not allowed to go out anyway. So, might as well enjoy my day at the hospital.” He stated and left.

Xiumin tilted his head as a thought suddenly came to his mind.

 

“I can’t believe you guys are here right now.” Kai uninterestingly said with a peeved expression. Since they were free for the day, the guys decided to tag along with Kai at the hospital and obviously, Kai isn’t happy about it.

Kai wasn’t really into the idea of s tagging along, but the manager had something in mind. He thought that it’ll be easier for Kai to grow closer with the kids if the members are with him, but he didn’t need their help because he’s already opening up more for the kids.

“Hey! Aren’t you happy that we came along?” Chanyeol said as he put his arm around him.

“NO!”

“Ouch!” He faintly said. “You’re just going to create a big chaos if you guys are around.” Kai stated. “How come?” Baekhyun asked. “If the fangirls ever find out that we are here then everything will be in great chaos.” He explained. “Nonsense. No one will ever find out.” Sehun said as Kai shook his head.

“Aish. Whatever.” He said, irritated. He went out of the van as the rest of members followed.

“Hey, Sehun!” Tao called as Sehun looked at him. “A week had passed. Pay up!” He said as he opened his palm for him. “What do you mean? You need to make sure that he’ll survive this day, if not, then I win.” He said as Tao sneered. “Fine.”

 

“Oppa! Who are they?” Mimi asked as they curiously looked at the nine guys standing behind him. “Oh, uhm, they are my friends.” He answered as he stepped away. “Why don’t you guys introduce yourself to them?” They all nodded as they introduced themselves one by one.

The two leaders couldn’t come because the manager and the CEO needed to talk to them. So, only the remaining members were there to meet the kids. The kids were happy that they got to meet new people.

The members started to play with them as they all show them big, happy smiles, knowing that playing with the kids can remove some of the stress and tiredness they are feeling due to the practice they are having these past few months.

“Oppa! Can you sing for us?” Jiyeon asked as the member looked at each other. “Sure. What do you want us to sing?”

“Three Little Bears.” Sunjoo exclaimed. “You should do it with action to.” She said as they boys awkwardly looked at each other. They all stood up as they started singing. The kids started singing along with them as they danced in front of them enthusiastically.

 

“That was tiring.” Luhan said as he did a few stretches with his neck. “I know.” Baekhyun muttered as he did the same. “Those kids were full of energy.” Chanyeol stated. “Even higher than mine.” He added. Kai just shook his head as he listened to s whining.

“Ahjussi!”

All heads turned around as she excitedly approached him. “Ahjussi?” Xiumin raised his eyebrow as they saw a girl in front of them. “Ahjussi! Annyeong!” She greeted as she smiled at him. “Who is he, Kai?” Lay asked as they curiously looked at her.

“Oh! Are they your friends, Ahjussi?” She enquiringly asked as she looked behind him. “Guys, this is Sojin.” He stated. “Annyeong haseyo, I’m Kang Sojin.” She happily introduced. “Ah! Nice to meet you.” They bowed as they curiously looked at Kai, asking him why he never told them about her.

“You’re a friend of Kai?” Sehun asked. “Who is Kai?” She tilted her head to the side.

“Wait,wait. You don’t know who Kai is?” Chanyeol asked as he leaned a bit to matched her eye level. She shook her head like a little kid, “No.”

“Kai is Jo---“

“Okay, guys! We’ll be going now!” Kai exclaimed as he held her shoulders and turned her away from s. “I’ll explain it to you guys when I get home.” He said in a whisper-tone as he directed her from the back.

The members looked at him strangely as he tried to hold Sojin off from them. “Well, it was nice meeting her.” Chanyeol stated.

“Here,” Sehun said as he handed Tao the money. He suddenly smirked when a thought suddenly came to his mind. “Hey, Tao!” He called. “Double or nothing? I bet he’ll fell in love to her.” Sehun stated as Tao had a smug smiled on. “You’re on.”