Twenty Four

Hospital Room 114

“Are you sure this is okay?” He worriedly asked as he watched her packed up her stuffs inside a small bag.

“Why can’t it be?” She asked as she folded some of her clothes. “Well, your mom will eventually find out and we’re both dead,” He grabbed her sweater as she tried to take it away from him. “Yah! Give that back!”

“My mom is out for a week and she let Nurse Jung to take care of me. I told her that I’ll stay at your dorm for a week until mom gets back,” She quickly took her sweater back from him as she folded it and threw it inside her bag.

“You’re staying with me?” His eyes widened.

“Yea, and we talked about this yesterday,” She answered as she zipped up her bag. “Okay! I’m ready to go!”

He harshly grabbed her bag as she pulled her with it. “What the heck!” She cried as she turned around. “What? What is it?” She asked, feeling annoyed by his sudden actions. “Don’t. I change my mind. You just stay here instead,” He demanded as she scoffed. “Why? You completely agreed with this yesterday! Why are you changing your mind all of a sudden?” She blurted.

“Because it’s stupid!” He shouted as she was taken aback by his words.

“What? You think spending your time with me is stupid?” She jeered as tears were already forming in her eyes.

“It’s not that, what I mean is—“

She turned around, “Stop it. Fine. I won’t come with you anymore.”

He reached for her shoulder but soon retrieved his hand when she said, “Just go. I’m not going to force you in doing things that you don’t want.”

She blinked away the tears and started running away. “Sojin-ah!” He ran after her and she was gone in an instant.

He realized where she could be right now as he quickly ran towards the rooftop. A smile of relief washed him over when she saw the small rooftop house. He tried to turn down the handle but it was locked. “Sojin-ah!” He knocked.

“Go away!”

“Let me explain.”

“I don’t want to.”

He sighed, “Okay then, I’ll break the door if you still don’t open it. In one. . two. . three. .” He raised his foot, ready to kick it open but she quickly turned the lock off.

He turned the handle and opened the door. She saw her sitting on the bean bag. “Do you hate me?” He asked as she shook her head.

“Are you upset with me?” She nodded.

His eyes soften as he smiled. He crotched down and he sat on the other bean bag. “I’m sorry about a while ago.”

“I was just worried that if your mother finds out about this, maybe she’ll really keep you away from me. I’m just scared of losing you again.” She looked at him and sniffed.

“Don’t be, Jongin. Don’t be.” She said as she held his hand. He looked at their both hands as he looked at her. “Do you still want to stay at our dorm?” He asked as she smiled. “I’ll still take your offer,” She laughed.

They were walking on the hall with their hands intertwined with each other. She was laughing at his corny jokes when he suddenly stopped. “Why did you stop?” She asked when she noticed a woman standing in front of them.

“Jongin-ssi?” She called as she furrowed her eyebrows. “Yoona Noona?” He muttered as the woman smiled. “It is! It is you!” She exclaimed as she ran towards us, but obviously she ran towards him. She opened her arms as she tried to envelop him with a hug, making him let go of my hand. He didn’t move or show any response as he just stood there. Her eyes widened at the abrupt skinship that they are having as gaped open. ‘WHO DOES SHE THINK HE IS HUGGING RIGHT NOW?! MY BOYFRIEND, DUH.’ She thought as she just stared at them.

She pulled away as he awkwardly chuckled, “Noona, long time no see.”

“Yea, it’s kinda nice running into you.” She giggled. “But what brings you here, noona?” He asked as I just listened to their conversations. “I came to visit my brother. Can you cut it off with your ‘noona’, it’s like we never dated before.” She laughed as my eyes bulged out. ‘EHHH?! DATED?!’

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he looked down. He was blushing. Definitely blushing. “Well, I better go now. Catch you later.” She said as she gave her a weird look before leaving.

They both stood there in long silence as he cleared up his throat. “Are you okay?” He asked as he looked at her. She looked away and nodded. “Let’s go.” He said as he held my hand.

The two of them were on their way to his dorm when he noticed that she keeps stealing glances of him. “What is it?” He finally asked without looking at her. She looked away and shook her head, “Nothing.”

 

“We’re home.”

The two of them entered the dorm as everyone gathered around as soon as they heard them. “Oh. Sojin you’re here.” Suho said as she bowed. “Hello. I’ll be here for a few days. Please take care of me.” She greeted. “Oh right. We prepared your room already. Kai can show it to you.” He answered as she bowed. “Thank you, Oppa.”

“Just call us for dinner.” He said as he grabbed her hand and led her the way.

He opened the door and switched on the lights. The two of them came in. “Welcome to your new room.” He said as she looked around. “Woah! It’s smaller than my room. This is so cool!” She awed. His face grew in shocked, “What? That’s how you think of it? Tsk. It’s like they trapped you in there since you were a kid and it’s your first time to be in a room that is much smaller than yours.”

She giggled, “That’s because they did.”

She sat on her temporary bed as she started to bounce up and down. “This is fun.” She laughed as she patted the space next to her. “Stop that!” He scolded but she ignored him. He chuckled as he sat next to her and did the same.

She stopped but still laughing, “That was fun.”

“You’re still act like a kid anyway.” He said and she stopped laughing. She looked down as she bit her lip. “Do you hate it?” She suddenly asked. He gave her a curious look, “What are you talking about?”

She just shook her head and stood up. “I’m going to the living room.” He quickly grabbed her wrist, “Is this about Yoona Noona?” She bit the top of her lip as she tried to stay still. He made her sit on her bed as he sighed. “Tell me what’s bothering you right now.”

“No, it’s not about her.” She kept her head down. “I just feel a bit embarrassed knowing that you dated girls like that. I’m not even close to being your type. She’s tall, lean, and always has this charm that would catch every boy’s attention. Well, me, I’m just an ordinary girl who’s stuck living in a hospital since I was a kid. I’m her total opposite. I mean, why, why do you even like me?”

He chuckled, finding it cute when she’s this jealous. She turned to him and slapped his arm. “Why are you just laughing? Do you find this funny? Huh?” She cupped her face with both of her hands as her eyes widened. “I’m laughing because I find you cute and that’s one of the many reasons why I like you.”

“What are the other reasons?” She asked as she nibbled her bottom lip. “Should I give you a list?” He joked as she pouted. “But the most important reason is because you’re you. Everything you do fascinates me and I kept falling for you each day.” She turned quiet at his confession as she just looked at him.

“And I won’t deny my feelings for you.” He leaned down and captured her lips.