Two

Hospital Room 114

A black van stopped in front of a 5-story hospital. Paparazzi started to gather around the van, trying to steal some shots of the famous member of EXO.

“Wow. This people have nothing to do with their life.” Chanyeol commented as he looked through the black-tinted window. “Duh, that’s their job, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said as the latter rolled his eyes.

“Okay guys, huddle up.” The manager said. “Let’s support Kai for his volunteering. Let’s pray that he’ll survive for 2 months.” He said as he put his hand on the middle. “On three,”

They stacked their hands together as they cheered, “Kai, Fighting!” Securities gathered in front of the van as they pushed the paparazzi away from the catwalk. Kai put his hood on as he slides the door open. The shuttering of the cameras started as he tried to hid his face with his hood.

“Move away!” Securities yelled.

He heaved a relief of sigh as he reached the lobby of the hospital. Paparazzi weren’t allowed to go inside since it was prohibited. “Stay here. I’ll go and ask the receptionist.” The manager said as he walked over to the counter.

He walked over to the benches as he plugged in his earphones. His manager came after a few minutes. “We need to go to the third—“His phone suddenly rang as he stopped midway. He fished it out as he answered it.

“Hey, the CEO needs me; you can go to the room by yourself, right?” He asked as he nodded unknowingly because of the loud music booming in his ears. “Okay, you take the elevator on the left, you stopped at the third floor, you go left, then right, then the 6th room is where the center is. You got that?” He asked as he held his shoulders.

He flinched as he removed his earphones, “What?”

“Did you understand what I said?” He asked. “Yea, whatever.” He answered as he shook his head. “Fine. I’ll leave now.” He said and stood now. “Oh, here,” He handed him a brown paper bag. “What’s this?” He asked. “Just something for the kids.” He said before he left.

He looked inside the bag as he scoffed. He took one lollipop out as he unwrapped it. He popped it in his mouth as he stood up. He went inside the elevator and pressed number 3. The lift stopped on his floor as he walked out. He confusedly stood on the hallway as he tried to recall what the manager had said.

“Do I go to the left or right?” He scratched his head. He shrugged, “Left it is.”

After a few minutes of walking around, he was completely lost. He doesn’t even know where he was going. “Where am I?” He groaned. He started to find his way as he stopped in the middle of a hallway. His eyes widened when she saw a girl in a hospital pajamas running towards him.

“Miss Kang! You need to take your medicine!” The nurse shouted. She looked back as she shouted, “No! I don’t want to!”

She turned her attention towards the front and her eyes widened when he saw a guy on the middle of the hallway. She tried to stop but she ended up bumping the guy, making them fell both on the ground. He groaned as his injured back triggered. He opened his eyes and he came face to face with a beautiful maiden. She smiled at him as he tried to clear his vision.

“Are you okay?” He didn’t answer her as he let out a groan. “Miss Kang!” The nurse gasped as she ran towards her. “Miss Kang, are you okay?” She asked as she tried to help her up. “Yea, but I guess the guy here, isn’t.” She said as she stood up and pointed to him.

“Here,” She reached out her hand as he slowly took it. “Are you okay, Ahjussi?” She worriedly asked as he snapped out. “Yea, I’m fine.” He answered. “Sir, are you okay? We can get you a check-up to see if something bad happened.” The nurse offered. “No, I’m fine.” He gritted.

“I’m sorry, Sir.” She bowed. “Yea, it’s okay.” He said. She nudged the young girl as she looked at her. She signaled her to apologize as she slightly pouted. “Sorry, Ahjussi.” She bowed as he tried to hold her temper. Calling him an ‘Ahjussi’ is a big deal for him, but he needs to keep his image so he tried to control himself from bursting himself to her. “I-it’s okay.” He gritted as he forcedly smiled.

“Oh! Ahjussi! You look familiar!” She exclaimed as he raised his eyebrows. “Really now?” He smirked, his inner ego coming out. “Yea, you were on TV the other day, you beaten up someone in front of a club.” She blurted as his soul was stabbed. “I see.” He gnashed.

“Yea, the guy was beaten up pretty bad. And he was---“

“Miss Kang, I think we need to go now, you still have to take your medicine.” The nurse cut her off as his shoulders deflated. She whined, “But I’m still talking to Ahjussi, and I don’t want to take my medicine.”

The nurse might have noticed the irritated expression of him as she tried to stop her from talking any further. “You’ll mom will be angry if you don’t take it now.” She warned. “Let’s bribe then.” She beamed. “I’ll my medicine and you give me a 30 minutes break on my lesson later on.”

“Okay, Miss Kang, I will.” She sighed. “Yay! Okay, let’s go now!” She cheered as she hooked arms with him. “Goodbye, Ahjussi! Let’s talk again some other time!” She happily waved, showing off her crescent eyes. “We’re going now.” The nurse bowed as he did the same.

He watched the two walked on the hallway. She skipped like a little kid as her nurse tried to stop her because they were attracting some of the people.

He smiled, “What a weird girl.”