Twelve

Hospital Room 114

“Is it really that scary Oppa?” The little girl amusedly asked as she listened attentively to his story. “Yup. The witch really is scary that everyone in the village is scared of her.” He stated as he continued his story-telling with the kids.

As the story ended, everyone in the room was already sounding asleep. He gently closed the book as he placed it softly by the side. He carefully stood up as he tip-toed his way towards the door. He gave the kids one last glance as he slightly smiled. He quietly opened the door and slowly went out.

He looked at his watch and he noticed that her duty ended quite early. He shrugged, “Might as well wander around the hospital.” He put his hands inside his pocket and started walking. Well, it wasn’t like he was really going to do it; his main purpose was to look for Sojin and maybe bother her as much as he can.

He doesn’t know why, but he really likes it when Sojin is all over him, when she tries to argue with him or when she clings on him every time. Instead of being irritated, he finds it more fun being with her. He feels like all his tiredness can disappear in a minute when he hears her voice booming on the hallway and her footsteps echoing as soon as he makes his way towards her room.

He put on his poker face when he saw her doors were opened. He was expecting her cheery voice as soon as he entered inside her room, but instead he was greeted with a different Sojin. Her chin was rested on her palm as her elbow was propped on her table. She was looking through the window as her gaze was fixed outside. But her eyes were different, they were sad, and it has a sign of longing. But longing to be what? Outside?

She let out a deep sigh as her sight shifted by the sudden presence on the entrance. “OH! AHJUSSI!” Her voice quickly changed as soon as she saw him standing by the door. He somewhat gave a small wave at her as he went inside.

“What are you doing?” He asked as he sat on the chair opposite to hers. “Studying.” She answered. “I’m going over some questions, and I’m trying to know what’s wrong with it.”

“Woah,” He whistled, “Why is your score pretty low in here?”

She looked at the paper he was holding as she slightly frowned. “I know, I know,” She grabbed the paper from him as she tucked it beneath her folder. “Why are your scores getting lower?” He asked as she shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Maybe I’m spacing out a lot lately,”

“Tell me about it.” He mumbled as she looked at him. “What did you say?” He sighed, “Nothing.”

He propped his elbow on the table as he leaned closer to her. “Why do you want to go outside so badly? There’s nothing good in there. Don’t you like it here? It feels cozier and… safe.” He said as she sighed before answering him. “I just want to see what the outside world look like. I’m tired of looking at the pictures that I always see in TV or in the internet. I want to know how it feels like to live in the outside world even just for a day.” She said and he suddenly felt sorry for her. Being stuck inside the hospital must really be tiresome since you couldn’t even interact properly. “I want to be like you, free and happy.”

He suddenly got surprised at what she told her. Free? Happy? Does she see him like that? He can’t even have a normal life because of his fans that follows his every move. But, does she really want to be free?

“You really want to go outside, huh?”

She nodded, “I really do.”

He had a playful smirk on as he looked at her. “Let’s make a deal.” She cocked an eyebrow as she curiously looked at him, “What deal?”

“If you score high in your entire test then I’m going to take you out.”

“Really? Her hands clasped together as her eyes gleamed with hope. He firmly nodded and smiled. “Yup. Out from this place, and we’ll wander around the city.”

“We’ll do that?” She exclaimed as he nodded.

“Then I’m going to study really hard.” She said as she started flipping her book. He inwardly chuckled as she suddenly felt really determined.

 

 

“Hyung!” He called as he approached his manager. “Oh, do you need something Kai?” He asked as he placed an arm around his shoulders. “Hyung, when’s our free day next week?”

He checked his phone as he scrolled at his calendar. “Uhm, you guys are free on Friday to Sunday.” He answered. “Cool! Thanks, hyung!” He said as he patted the older male on his back and left, leaving him curious at his sudden question.

“Let’s take five.” The choreographer said as they all rested on the floor and panted heavily. Jongin rummaged inside his bag as he fished out his phone. He sat on the floor as he rested his back by the mirror.

Baekhyun slid himself next to him as he peeked at what he was doing. “What are you searching for?” He asked as Kai looked at him with a serious look. Baekhyun raised his hands in defense, “Okay, okay, forget I asked.”

“I’m looking for some great places here in Seoul.” He soon answered his hyung’s curiosity. “And why?” Soon everyone joined the two. “Uhm, I..just thought that we could get some relaxing time on our free day.” He answered as everyone looked at him weirdly.

“We? You mean us?” Suho asked as he nodded. “Yea..u-us.”

“You’re not sick, are you?” Chen asked as he placed his hand on his forehead. “No, I’m not.” He said as he shoved his hand away. Before they could interrogate the maknae their choreographer came back.

“Oh! Hyung’s back!” He exclaimed as he quickly stood up.

“Kai is getting weirder every day.” Luhan said as everyone shrugged.