Five

Hospital Room 114

“We’re sorry, Mr. Kim.”

They all said as they looked down. Kai suddenly felt guilty, he told the nurse about what happened yesterday but he didn’t tell her the exact story. “I-it’s okay.”

“Now, go and play.” The nurse said and the kids went to their groups. “I’ll leave you the kids to you, Mr. Kim.” She bowed and left. Kai blew some air from his cheeks as he looked at the kids. They were all feeling down after being scolded by the nurse.

He sat on the floor as he watched the kids play. “What’re you guys playing?” They all stood up as they ignored him. “What? Don’t you want to play with Hyung?” He blurted as he looked at them, unbelievably. “No thanks, Hyung. We don’t want to play with a liar like you.” Junsoo retorted as he turned his back to him.

He frowned as he noticed a figure by the door. She saw her by the door frame as she gave him a sad expression. He sighed as he looked down. When he averted his gaze towards the door, she was already gone.

 

She decided to visit the kids after finishing her lesson with her teacher. She stopped near the door when she heard the kids being scolded by the nurse. She peeked through the door and she saw how mad the kids are towards him. She slightly flinched when he caught her standing by the door. She slowly walked away, not wanting to bother the kids.

“Hey! Wait!”

A hand suddenly stopped her as she turned around. She looked at him as he tried to catch his breath. “What is it?” She asked, surprised. “Help me. Help me with the kids.” He said as she scoffed. “They probably hate you right now judging by the way they ignore you.”

“I know, okay? I’m sorry.” He said. “Why are you telling me that? You should apologize to them, not me.” She retorted. “How? They don’t want to talk to me anymore.” He replied as he looked down. She sighed, “I’ll help you,” He looked up as he smiled. “But, you need to treat them properly. No more sleeping or slacking off, deal?” She finished as she reached out her hand. “Deal.” He said as he shook hands with her.

 

“OMO! There’s a hideous monster outside!” She shouted as she entered the room hysterically.  They curiously looked at her as they worriedly looked at each other. “Monster? What monster?”

“GRAAAAAA!”

A man in a green costume came in as the kids ran around the room. “I’m going to get you guys.” He roared as he tried to catch them. “Yah! Stay away from us!” Mimi shouted. “I’ll get that monster!” Junhyung confidently said as he jumped on his back.

He tried to act like he was dying as he slowly collapsed on the floor. The kids jumped on top of him so that he couldn’t stand up. “Take off his mask.” Jiyeon ordered. “Oh! It’s Jongin Oppa!”

He deeply exhaled as he scrunched up his nose. “You got me.”

“Yah, Oppa! Why are you trying to scare us?” Mimi blurted. “I wanted to play with you guys.” He answered. “Psh! You’re not that even scary.” Shin said. “Hey! I just want to say apologize to you kids. I’m sorry for lying to Nurse Lee.” He apologetically said.

“What do you think guys? Should we forgive him?” Junhyung asked his friends. “Yea, he really did make an effort to apologize to us anyway.”

“Apology accepted.”

They all cheered as he smiled. “Can you guys get off of me now? You kids are kind of heavy.” He said. “Oh, right!” They all stood up as they help him to sat off. “Ho! That was exhausting.” He remarked. “But it was fun!” Sujong exclaimed as they laughed.

She slowly peeked through the door when he saw him laughing with kids. He suddenly saw her as he mouthed, “Thanks.” She gave him a thumbs up as she left.

 

“Woah! You look like you came home from a war.” Kris stated as he saw him dazedly walked inside the dorm. “I don’t have any time to joke around with you guys.” He retorted as he straightly went to his room.

“He might’ve enjoyed the day with the kids.” Suho observed as they all nodded.

He threw his bag near his drawer as he collapsed on his bed. He let out another sigh for the nth time as he put his arm on top of his forehead. “You’re here.” Luhan  said as he entered their room. “Yea.” He helplessly responded.

“Did you have fun?” He asked as he sat on the bed across from Kai’s bed. He his side, facing Luhan with his back, as he didn’t bother to answer his question. Luhan shrugged, “I guess, you did.” He stood up and went out of their room, leaving the guy on his humble sleep.