Four

Hospital Room 114

“Okay. 10 minutes break, and then let’s take 5.” The choreographer said as they all collapsed on the floor, panting.

Kai picked up his towel as he wiped his face and neck. “So, how was your first day?” Chanyeol asked as he threw a water bottle at him. Kai perfectly caught it as he snorted. “Good.”

“Good? What do you mean ‘good’?” Sehun asked. He shrugged, “I slept in the center, and the kids enjoyed their candies.” They obliviously looked at him as Suho raised his eyebrow, “So, you didn’t play with them at all?” He shook his head. “Why would I? I told you, I’m not really good with kids.” He answered.

“Right.” Suho rolled his eyes. “Yah! How can you clear your name out of the media when you act like that?” Kris hollered. “It’s not like they’re going to see it anyway.” He retorted as he drank from his water bottle. “It’s the ‘media’, Kai. They’re the second sasaeng fans of an idol.” Kris said as he emphasized the word ‘media’.

“I know, I know.” He uninterestedly said as he stood up. “Hey! Where are you going?” Baekhyun shouted as Kai closed the door with a bang. “I really don’t understand that kid.” Kris said as the others nodded in agreement.

 

“Ugh. This is so boring. I wish Noona is here right now.” A kid stated, irritated as he crossed his arms on his chest.

“Annyeong! Did you miss me?” A girl suddenly came in surprisingly.

“Noona!”

“Unnie!”

They all ran up to her as they crowded around her. “Unnie, we missed you.” A girl with short hair stated as she hugged her leg. She giggled, “Unnie, missed you, too.”

“What’re you guys doing?” She asked as he looked around. “Nothing. That Hyung there is sleeping again.” A boy answered as he pointed where Kai was sleeping at. She narrowed her eyebrows as she turned her attention back to the kids. “Hyung? Where’s Nurse Jung?” She curiously asked.

“Mm, That Hyung there is the replacement of Nurse Jung for a while. But, he’s always sleeping whenever he comes to us.”

“Really?” She asked as they all nodded. “Let’s wake him up, okay?” She said as she approached the sleeping guy on the couch. She was surprised when he saw his face, “Oh! Ahjussi!” They all looked at her curiously, “You know him, Noona?”

She giggled, “Mm, I met him a few days ago. That’s why I always see him in the hospital. He’s been volunteering.”

“Why would he volunteer when he doesn’t even play with us?” Jiyeon pouted. She suddenly smiled as an idea popped into her mind. “Do you want to play with him, then?” She asked. “How can we do that? He’s sleeping.” Junhyung retorted.

“We can still play with him even though he’s sleeping.” She said as she smiled at them. “Yah..Noona, you’re creeping us out.” Juni muttered.

 

Kai his side as he slowly opened his eyes. He heard laughter and giggles as he tried to clear his blurry vision. He squinted with his eyes when he saw them gathered in front of him with the girl that he once bumped into.

He slowly sat up as he curiously looked at them. They tried to hold their laugh as he acts mindlessly in front of them. “Why are you guys looking at me like that? Why? What’s so funny?” He asked as they burst out in laughter.

“You are, Oppa.” Mimi laughed. “Wh-what do you mean?” He stuttered. “Check yourself in the mirror.” Sojin answered as he placed the small mirror in front of him.

“WHAT THE….” His eyes widened as he abruptly grabbed the mirror from her. “YAH! WHAT DID YOU LITTLE BRATS DO TO MY FACE?!!” He shouted as the laughter loudened. “We were playing with you, Hyung.” Junwoo answered. “Aish. You little brats are in big trouble when I get back.” He said as he ran to the restroom.

“Did you guys have fun?” She asked as they all nodded. “Nae. We did. Noona is really jjang!” She laughed as she ruffled his hair.

He still covered his face with his hands even though the paint is clearly visible. People looked at him weirdly as he made his way towards the restroom. “Aish. Those kids are so going to pay for this.” He hissed as he washed his face thoroughly.

 

“Oh! You’re home.” Kyungsoo said when he saw Kai entered the dorm. Kai stormed into the living room like a wild beast. “Hey, Kai! How were the kids?” Suho asked as he removed his attention from the television.

“They were horrible!” He exclaimed as they looked at him wide-eyed. “Is that paint?” Luhan asked as narrowed his eyes and pointed to his chin. “Aish!” He walked away as he slammed the door to his room. “Maybe he had fun with them.” Kris stated as they shrugged. “Maybe.”