Fifteen

Hospital Room 114

“Ms. Kang!” A high-pitched voice cried as she entered inside the room with a large paper bag in her hands. The girl was disturbed from her study as she looked up to the intruder who came rushing inside her room.

“Nurse Jung?” She curiously asked as she watched the female placed the paper bag on her desk, blocking her books and notebooks on the table. “Wh-what is this?” She asked as she raised an eyebrow. “Take a look, Ms. Kang.” She ordered as the girl placed her down her ballpoint pen and placed the bag on her lap. She instantly gasped in surprised upon opening bag as her eyes gleamed in joy and disbelief.

She brought out the dress inside the bag as Nurse Jung awed in delight. “It’s beautiful.” She smiled as she stared at the dress in her hands. It was a pink floral dress that would fit perfectly into her thin frame body. A white paper suddenly fell as she picked it up. “Read it.” Nurse Jung insisted as she flipped the paper.

“Good luck to the outside world. I prepared something for you since you deserve it. Fighting~”

She flipped the paper again in search for the name that made the note but there was none. “Uhm, who gave this to you?” She asked the latter as she gave her a quizzical look. “I..don’t know, Ms. Kang, they just gave it to me when I passed by the reception area.” She answered.

“Maybe Dr. Kang gave it.”

She bit her lip in curiousness as she gave hesitant nod. “Maybe.”

 

~O~

“Where have you been, Kai?” Lay asked as he entered inside the practice room, where he and Lay would have their dance battle at this kind of hour. “Just outside.” He shortly answered as he placed the paper bag by the mirror and he threw his hoodie on the bag.

“What did you bought? He asked as he cocked his head towards the bag. He started to do some stretching as he answered, “Just some stuffs.”

Lay shrugged as he stretched his arms.

~O~

 

“Waa. You look beautiful.” Nurse Jung complimented when she walked out from the bathroom. The dress just fits perfectly as it stopped mid-thigh. She wore white tights so that her legs wouldn’t get cold and her light pink flats. She shyly smiled as she hooked her hair behind her ear. “Oh, you should wear this Ms. Kang.” She said as she handed her a green oversized knitted cardigan. “Thanks, Nurse Jung.” She smiled.

She stood up for the nth time as she looked at the main entrance. “Ms. Kang, he’ll be here any minute now. Just wait for him.” She said as she sat up. “I know, but I’m just excited.” She giddily said as she clasped her hands together in excitement.

The glass door opened as the guy that they’ve been waiting for arrived. “Oh! Mr. Kim is here!” She exclaimed as she hastily turned around to meet him. “Ahjussi!” She called as she ran up to him. He was surprised by her sudden presence as he was greeted by a bubbly person. “Did you just got here or have you been—“

“I’ve been waiting for you for an hour now, Ahjussi.” She answered as he chuckled. “You’re very excited.” He said as she nodded. “So, where are you taking me, Ahjussi?” She excitedly asked as she jumped up and down.

“Ms. Kang, don’t pressure, Mr. Kim. I’m sure he wants to surprise you.” She said as he nodded in agreement. “Fine.” She said.

“Have you forgotten to say goodbye to your mother?”

They all turned around as her mother was standing behind them. “Umma!” She cried as she ran up to her. The two bowed politely as she did the same. She suddenly hugged her as she was surprised. “Thank you, Umma.” She mumbled as she hugged her back. “Mom needs to think of your happiness, too.” She sweetly smiled.

She pulled away, “I’ll take good care of myself while I’m outside. I promise.” She raised her right hand as she chuckled. “Okay, okay, I know you will.” He suddenly interrupted the two because they need to leave now so that they could catch the bus. “Ahm, Sojin, we need to get going now.” He announced as she shot up. “Oh, right!”

She turned to her mom and smiled, “We’re going now, mom.” She softly smiled as she looked at her daughter lovingly. “Be good, okay?” She nodded like a little kid and smiled.

They were on their way out when Nurse Jung called her. “Don’t forget to wear this.” She instructed as she handed her a mask. “Oh, thanks, Nurse Jung.” She said as she hooked the loop around her ears. “Do you have an extra?” He suddenly asked as they turned to him.

“Uh, yeah, here you go, Mr. Kim.” She said as she handed him one.

“Thanks.” He smiled as he put it around his face.

She stared at the clear glass door as automatically opened. He easily stepped out as she stood there, unsure. He noticed her still standing inside as he looked at her. “What’s wrong?” He asked as she looked down. “I don’t know if I could do this, Ahjussi.” She confessed.

He slightly smiled as he reached his hand out to her, “Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’m right here..beside you.”

She looked up at him with wide-eyes as he smiled, even though it was covered. He was also scared at first, going to the outside world was never easy for him, or to s since they debuted. But, he wasn’t alone. He was with someone else. Someone who knows nothing about the outside. And he’s willing to show it to her, to give color to that boring part of her life.

She nodded as she grabbed a hold of his hand, and the first step to the outside had been made.

~O~

She had been holding his hand the moment they stepped out from the hospital. Somehow, he loved the contact that they are having. Her hand wasn’t the cold nor warm, it has this right temperature. But as soon as they reached the bus stop, she removed her hand from his as she suddenly felt excited. That feeling was gone. He just wished that she could’ve held it longer.

“Where are we going?” She giddily asked. “You need to wait and see.” He answered. “C’mon! Tell me!” She insisted as he shook his head. “No.”

“Please.” Before she could do the puffy dog eyes, the bus stopped in front of them as he shot up. “The bus is here! Let’s go!” He said as he hopped inside and she eventually followed. The bus soon got crowded as it stopped again. A man accidentally pushed her and she slightly stumbled as he quickly caught her.

“You okay?”

She nodded as he pulled her close to him. “Stay close to me.” He whispered as she nodded. Her hand gripped the sleeves of his jacket as she stayed close to him.

 

Their first stop was the most visited place in Seoul, The Namsan Tower, which is known for the place for couples. Not that it’s the reason for him to visit, he just want her to see it and he haven’t been there for quite some years now. Her eyes instantly lit as soon as she saw it.

“Give me your camera. I’ll take a picture of you.” He said as she handed it to him. She fixed her dress as she posed cutely to the camera. After clicking the camera, he waited for the picture to come out. “Did I turn out good?” She asked as he gave him a convincing nod. “Yea, it turned out okay.”

She scoffed as she snatched the picture from him. “I’m pretty in every picture.” She remarked as he chuckled. “Sure.” He playfully rolled his eyes at her.

“What are these?” She asked when she saw the numerous locks around. “Love locks.” He shortly asked. “What for?” She looked at the words written on the pink lock.

“Couples write on these locks and they throw the key afterwards. Once the lock is here, their love will be an eternity.” He explained as she nodded in understanding. “Is it for couples only?” She curiously asked. “No. It’s for everybody to write what they want anyway.” He said as he took something out from his bag. “Here,” He handed her a lock and a pen. “Try it.” She smiled at him and thanked him. She opened the cap of the pen as she curiously looked at him. “What should I write?” He shrugged as her lips formed into a thin line and started writing on the lock. He find it really cute when she look so serious into something. She locked it on the fence as he went near her to read it. “Jongin and Yoobin. Stepped the outside world, 2015.” He read as he chuckled.

“This will be a place that is very memorable to us.” She said as he quickly returned to his normal expression and quickly cleared his throat. “We should take a picture!” She exclaimed as she raised her camera. When she was counting for the signal, he suddenly turned to look at her. A curve was suddenly formed on his face as he stared at her lovingly. He looked at her captivating smile, her crescent eyes and flushed cheeks.  She was just…mesmerizing.

The camera flashed as he was interrupted with the sudden sound. “I hope it turned out good!” She said as she waited for the picture to show.

He grew tense when he realized what he just did, not wanting her to see the picture. “Oh, it’s already coming out.” She said as she waited patiently. Before it could come to her view, he immediately grabbed the picture from her as her eyes widened. “YAH! What are you doing?” She cried as he put it inside his pocket. “Ahm, I wasn’t looking and I might’ve looked ridiculous.” He quickly made an excuse before she could suspect a thing.

She hissed at his lame excuse as she glared at her. “Let’s just take another one.” He said as he raised the camera this time so that he wouldn’t be distracted. The two smiled in front of the camera as the lock the she put was in between them as the beautiful view of Seoul is seen in their background. “I’ll keep this.” She smiled as she placed it inside her bag.

“So, where’s our next destination?”

“Let’s go!” He grabbed her wrist as they went inside. “We’re going to ride the cable car.” He answered as her eyes widened. The door opened and she pushed her inside. She forgot to tell him that he’s afraid of heights. Her body suddenly got tense when they entered inside. Her body started to tremble when it started moving. He might’ve noticed her tensed up body as he worriedly looked at her.

“Are you okay?”

She slightly shook her head as she closed her eyes. “I’m scared of heights.” She mumbled as she looked down. His face softened at her fragile look as he slightly smiled. He cleared his throat as he awkwardly stood behind her and he placed his hand either on her side as held the railings, trapping her in between. “Open your eyes. You’re safe with me.” He whispered.

She opened her eyes and saw the view from above. It was indeed beautiful. No wonder this is the most visited place in Seoul. You can see the whole Seoul from up here. She awed at the sight of the colorful, bright lights as it reflected through her hazel brown eyes.

“It’s beautiful up here.”

He smiled at the sight of her as he tried to keep it normal despite how awkward they both look like but, Sojin was so busy adoring the view that she didn’t even noticed the close contact they are having. She then saw the rarest thing in that moment and that was. .  . his smile.

 

 

I'M SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE GUYS. I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND I CAN'T FIND MY TIME TO UPDATE. I'M REALLY SORRY. :( HOPE THIS WOULD COVER UP FOR THE LONG WAIT. -katemin