One

Hospital Room 114

Loud music was booming from the speaker as people danced on the dance floor. Girls swaying their hips seductively and some were already making out. A man in a black leather jacket just sat there with an undivert expression as he took a sip from his wine.

“Yah! What’re you doing here? You should be on the dance floor.” A well-built short guy sat next to him. “I’m not in the mood.” He answered. “What do you mean? I thought you love to have fun in here.” He wriggled his eyebrows. “Not today, Hyung.”

“Tsk. Too bad, there are plenty of hot girls to bang today.” He said. “Psh, those are s.”

“Duh, that’s why they are called one.” He said in a matter-of-fact tone as the other guy chuckled. “Whatever, Hyung. Just go back in there; you’re already annoying as you were.” He stated. “Fine,” He snorted and left.

He drummed his fingers on the armrest as he sighed for the nth time. He looked at his watched when his attention was diverted to the lady with a red tight dress. She gave him a seductive smile as he sat close to him, too close.

“All alone?” She asked. “I always am.” He shortly answered. “I never seen you in this club before.” She tried to make a conversation with him. “If that’s your way of getting a man to go with you in bed, then you need to have a better strategy.” He smirked. The girl softly laughed, “Hard to get, I see.” She traced her fingers on his covered chest as she leaned closer to him.

“I’m not interested.” He exasperatedly said as he pushed her away. She gasped as she glared at him. He stood up as he fixed his jacket. “Why don’t you find someone you can easily fool?” He gave her a smug smile. She hissed as she stood up and stomped her foot.

“Jin, I’m out.” I called to the bartender as he waved. I walked over to the parking lot as I searched for my car. I fished out my car keys as I inserted it in the keyhole.

“HEY!”

I turned around and I saw a bunch of guys walked up to me. “I heard what you did to my girlfriend, bastard!” A well-built man walked towards me as I looked at his left, the was standing there with a smirk on her face.

“You want to beat me up because I didn’t want to bang your girlfriend. Wow.” He inched closer to my face as he grabbed me by the collar. “What did you say? Bang my girlfriend?” I scoffed, “Just how dumb can you be?”

He gritted as he let go of me. He backed away as his friends encouraged him. “That’s it!” He said as he withdrew a punch towards him. He quickly dodged it as he launched towards him and gave him a one big punch on his cheek. He stumbled as he glared at him. “It’s on!” The guy shouted as he tried to hit him but he was quick in dodging it. The guy landed on the ground as he started coughed.

“Get up, Oppa!” His girlfriend cried as he assisted him. He looked around and he realized that a lot of people are gathered in the parking lot. Some of them were taking pictures of him and some were taping the whole thing.

His eyes widened as he put his hood up. He ran towards his car as paparazzi followed him. He went inside his car as he tried to drive off. After a few minutes, he was free from the crowd as he let out a frustrated sigh.

 

“What’s this?!!”

A mad voice was heard inside the office as a newspaper was thrown on the table. The headline was, “EXO’S KAI REALLY TAKING UP THE BADBOY IMAGE”, and a picture of him punching the guy was on the front page. He didn’t say a word as he lowered his head.

His manager grabbed the newspaper as he read it. “EXO’S Kai was seen last night outside a club as he beat up a random guy. It has been said that the citizen just wanted to teach the singer a lesson for hitting on his girlfriend. The guy received a few bruises and cuts. Is he really a bad boy in person? Or is it just because of his image?”

“What do you have to say for yourself, hmm?” The CEO asked as he waited for her response. “First of all, the news was wrong, very wrong. I didn’t even touch nor do anything to that .” He retorted. “Language, Jongin.” The CEO sternly said. “She was the one who tried to hit on me. And the guy started it, not me.” He defended himself.

“I don’t care about who started it. I’m worried about your career, and also the group. This will leave a big impact to the group, knowing that there’s a violent member.” He said. “Is there a way we can solve this problem?” The manager asked as the CEO calmed down.

“I asked my lawyer and he told me that he’ll take care of the guy’s compensations. As for Kai, he’ll work as a volunteer at a hospital.” He answered.

“WHAT?!”

They both blurted as they looked at each other. “This is a way to show that you don’t intend to do anything bad, and you’re a good hearted man after all. This will clear out your name from the media.” He explained. “Why do I have to be in a hospital? I’m a singer, not a doctor.” He retorted.

 “I know, that’s why you’ll work with the children. They have a center for the children in the hospital, you can play with them, read books, or you can teach them how to sing. It’s easy.” He said as he groaned.

“CEO-nim, don’t we have any other way?” The manager asked. “No, we don’t. You’ll be working as a volunteer for 2 months and after that, you’re good to go.” He said. “But..”

“No buts, Jongin. Just do it.” He sternly said. “You two can go now.” He said as they both went out. s were outside the office, listening to the conversation inside. When they heard footsteps coming near them they all dispersed as they coolly lean on the wall.

When they saw the two came out, they ran towards them. “What did he say?” A short guy with pale skin asked. He hissed as he walked away, not even bothered to answer the leader’s question. “He’ll work as a volunteer in a hospital for 2 months.” The manager answered for him.

“Poor, Kai. I don’t think he’ll last for a week in there.” Sehun said. “Want to bet?” The other maknae mischievously smiled. “Sure. I say he wouldn’t last a week.” He said. “I don’t think so.” Tao shook his head. “50$ when he finished it for a whole 2 months.” Chanyeol butted in. “Deal.” The three said. “Yah! Don’t make it as a bet.” The manager exclaimed.

“Who knows, maybe he can change within the 2 months he’ll be in the hospital.” Kyungsoo said as they shrugged. “Maybe.”