Twenty Six

Hospital Room 114

“Hey.”

“Hm?”

“Come here,” He patted his lap as she raised an eyebrow. “Why?” She curiously asked as she slowly stood up. She quickly pulled her as she let her sat on his lap comfortably with her legs placed on both sides.

“This..this is too awkward.” She said as she slowly rose up from her place. “It’s not!” He said as he pulled her down by his shoulder. “Just stay here for a while,” He muttered as she looked at him shyly. He held her shoulders, “Relax. I won’t do anything to you. I’ll just want to talk with you, okay?” She bit her lip and nodded slowly.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“You.”

“Eh?”

“Tell me more about you,” He said as he tucked her hair behind her ear, a habit the developed whenever he’s with her. “Why all of a sudden?” She inquiringly asked. He sighed, “I feel like I still need to know more about you. I didn’t even know that you haven’t eaten a pizza since birth. It’s like there’s this wall that I need to pass through.”

“What do you want to know about me?” She tensed up as she grew nervous.

He shrugged, “Anything.”

“Like?”

“Like. . .” He bit his bottom lip as he think of some question when he noticed a white line visible on the skin of her lower arm. “How did you get that scar?” He asked as he caressed it with his fingers. She let out a small smile. “I was 4 back then; I was running around my mom’s office when bumped on to her equipment. Good thing I only got a scratch when it fell down on me.”

“Really?” His eyes widened as she nodded.

“You should consider yourself lucky for surviving it.” He said as she slightly smiled. “I guess so.” She muttered. “Yah! What do you mean by that?” He blurted as she shook her head, “Nothing.”

“Okay! Next question.” He clapped as he suddenly placed his hands on her waist. She flinched as she tried not to be disturbed by it. “Who was your first love?” He asked as she laughed. “Really? You’re going to ask me that.”

“Why not? It’s part of it anyway. So, tell me. Tell me.”

“Well, he was very sweet and caring. He always visits me to the hospital and he even plays with me.” She started as she smiled at the thought of that memory. “Wait! Is this Taehyun?” He immediately asked as she slapped his arm. “Ouch!” He whined as he rubbed his arm. “I was just asking.” She stuck her tongue out playfully as he chuckled at her childishness. “Okay, okay. I’ll keep quiet.”

“Forget it. I’m not going to tell you who the guy was.” She said as she quickly stood up and ran out from the door.

“Yah! Kang Sojin!”

 

“It’s sad that you have to leave so early. We’re planning to have a barbecue party next week.” Chanyeol unhappily said as he watched her pack her belongings inside her bag. It was already time for her to leave since her mom will be home by tomorrow. She had fun with the boys while she had a one week stay with them and she created a lot of memories with them. She will surely miss this kind of atmosphere once she gets back.

“Don’t worry, Oppa. I’ll try and come back next week.” She answered as he let out a big smile that is almost reaching his ears.  She smiled at him as she nodded. Kai came in as he knocked by the door. “Ready?” He asked as he went towards them.

“I’ll see you outside then.” Chanyeol said as he left the room and she nodded. After Chanyeol left, they didn’t say a single word for a while as he just stared at her from the side. “Hey,” He muttered. “Hm?” She responded as she folded her last clothe.

“What happens now?”

“What do you mean?”

He sighed, “Clearly, your mom hates me then, what happens to us?”

She zipped her bag and she looked at him. She sat on his lap as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “Hey, everything is going to be fine. Mom doesn’t have to interfere with our relationship and I’m not going to allow it.” She said as she softly smiled at him.

He leaned in as they both shared a passionate kiss. He looked deeply on her eyes as he sighed and pulled her close to a hug, “I’ll miss you.”

“Me too.”

Chanyeol then came as he stopped when he saw them having a moment. He cleared his throat, “The cab is here.”

Kai looked at him, “Okay.” He left the two as they stared at each other. “Let’s go.” He said as they both stood up and he carried her bag.

The car stopped in front of the hospital or should she say, her home. They both sighed as they looked down. “Here we are.”

“Stay safe. Bye.” She said as she gave him a quick kiss. He looked down as he watched her go out from the cab. “Text me when you get home.” He nodded as he gave her a small wave. She stood there as she watched the cab drove off.  She sighed when she realized that she was back in the real world. Her one week fairytale ended and it’s time to face everything that she escaped from a few days ago.

“Ms. Kang!” Nurse Jung ran up to her as soon as she saw her enter the lobby. She bowed but she quickly gave her a hug. “I missed you, Nurse Jung.” She muttered. “I missed you, too, Ms. Kang.” She retorted.

She opened the door to her room as she stood there for a while. It’s like she was gone for a year but nothing changed inside her room. The lavender smell still lingers sweetly in the air. The neatly fixed bed and her collections of mangas placed orderly on her small shelves. She definitely missed her room but she misses being in the outside more. This was like her own cellar, a place where all her memories were kept and made.

She sat on her bed as she the fresh new sheets. The bed where she slept for years, where had the dreams and nightmares. Where she dreamt of her own prince charming. Where she stayed when she was sick. Her room was her comfort zone, a place that she will always stay at.

At some point in her life, she just wished she never left her room and never met . . .him.