Seventeen

Hospital Room 114

“Okay, let’s take a break.” Suho said as they all collapsed on the floor from their 4 hours non-stop practice.

“Suho-hyung, can you buy us some chicken?” Tao asked as he showed him his aegyo.  The older couldn’t resist as he sighed, “Fine.” Tao cheered like a little kid as they all laughed at him. “Hey, Kai!” Kris then called for his attention but he didn’t move an inch from his spot as he laid there with his eyes closed. “Hm?” He responded.

“Where were you this Saturday?” He suddenly asked as everyone started to get interested with Kris’ sudden question.  “Out.” He shortly answered as they gave him sounds of disagreement or disappointment from his answer.

“Who were you with?” Kris then dropped the bomb. He cleared his throat and answered, “Just some friend.”  

“AHA! It’s Sojin!”

He didn’t show any reaction as he just listened to their unending discussion. “Then you two went on a date.” Sehun started to . He opened his eyes suddenly as he quickly sat up. “That was not a date.” He retorted. The group then as his cheeks grew redder. 

"IT WASN'T A DATE!" He shouted as they all kept quiet.

"Oh! The chicken is here." Suho said to ease the atmosphere. Kai sighed as he raked his hair out of frustration.

Their manager came in while they were having their lunch. "You guys are eating now. Okay, who did you robbed this time?" He jokingly asked even though he half-meant it.

"I  thought you have a meeting with the CEO, Hyung." Luhan said as he sat down next to them. "Yea, we had a talk about Kai's issue." He answered. "Well, how did it go?" Suho asked as he threw the finished bone in the box. He threw a brown folder at the center as he picked up a chicked in Chanyeol's box.

"Read it."

D.O opened the folder as everyone gathered behind him to looked at the paper. "Kai's free! Kai is now free from the media!" He announced they all celebrated for the accomplishment of their member. But Kai then suddenly felt something heavy in his chest. It means he won't see the kids anymore. He won't see Sojin anymore.

 

After the practice was over he decided to have one last visit to the hospital. His chest started to tightens as he walked through the crowded hall of the place where he changed so much.

"The kids will surely miss you, Mr. Kim." Nurse Lee said as she heard the davastating news from him. "Don't tell them for now. I want them to enjoy their last day with me." He replied as the nurse nodded in understanding. "It must  be hard on you, Mr. Kim." She said as he nodded.

He spent his remaining time with the kids, full of laughters and good times. But it soon disappeared when he told them the breaking news. The kids all cried as he can't help but shed a few tears. All of them went around him to give him one last hug.

"Oppa, have this." Jimin said as she handed him a handmade bracelet. "This will remind you all the good memories you had with us." She explained as he smiled at her. "Thank you, Jimin." She wrapped it around his wrist as he ruffled her hair.

"Okay, kids," Nurse Lee sniffed as she tried to hold her tears. "Play time is over." They said their goodbyes to him as he went out of the room with a heavy heart.

"I don't think I could bear to see her." He muttered as he stood in front of the door. "I'm sorry, Sojin." He lowered his head as his hand slipped out from the handle. He walked away even though it pains him so much.

He was walking helplessly as he stepped out from the hospital. "YAH! KIM JONGIN!" His eyes widened as he turned around. He saw the person that he will surely miss the most. She stormed towards him, "YAH! YOU'RE LEAVING AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOING TO SAY GOODBYE? AISH!" She ranted as he smiled at her.

"That is so heartless! You..you don't know how much it hurts to be left alone. You..." Her voice started to crack. Her eyes were red and swelling and her tears started to fall again. "She must've cried." He thought as he just looked at her. She wiped her eyes as she looked at him. "Why are you just standing there?  Aren't you going to say anything? A 'goodbye' or something?" He just stood there as he a smile crept on his face.

"Forget it, Jongin. I'm leaving then." She said as she turnedaround. Then, he did the most outrageous but at the same time the thing that he always wanted to do since he started to develop this unknown feelings towards her. He spun her around and cupped her cheeks as his lips landed on hers. Her eyes widened by his sudden action as she tried to pushed him away. But she can't help it but to fall fo the kiss. She slowly closed her eyes and melted through the kiss.

"I like you, Sojin. Warmth started to develop inside of me since I met you. You're the one who slowly broke the wall that I built. You're different. You're this special person whom I wanted to be with. You're too fragile but I want to protect you. I want to be by your side always. Please be mine." He thought as he was kissing her.

He slowly pulled away as he looked through her eyes. "I have to do that at least once." He softly said. She smiled at him as she quickly hugged him. "Don't leave me." She muttered as he was surprised by her words. He let out a serene smile as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"I won't."