Chapter 9

Stranger's Bride

 Hara's heartbeat almost stop when she saw the people in Choi's backyard.

 She looked at Onew. They almost touched lips, but she ignored it. "What's happening over there?" she asked worriedly.

 "They prepared a surprise for us, sweetheart." he replied calmly.

 She was surprised to see the table filled with lots of food. Its as if they are waiting for them to arrive.

 When the horse stopped, they heard people shouting and saw people clapping. She smiled and look at Onew. Just like her, he was also smiling. His eyes radiated with genuine happiness.

 "Thank you." Onew said.

 But they answered differentyl. They all answered in unison, "Kiss!"

 "Oh, no." she whispered and smiled. She was thinking away to get out from that situation, but then Onew's finger gently held her jaw and half-turned her face toward him and kissed her gently on the lips. Everything became quiet. And Hara had forgotten about everything.

 Her eyes closes when she heard Onew's voice and the people clapping. "Let's eat, sweetheart."

 She opened her eyes and saw her husband teaseful smile. He jump off the horse and brought her down too. She can see from the other people that there's mix emotion. Some re happy and some don't.

 They all went to the table and started to eat. Onew was having a talk while Hara was looking for her brother.

 "Looking for someone?" Onew asked.

 "Yeah." she replied, her eyes kept on wandering.

 "Who?" he asked again.

 "Minho, my brother." he replied.

 Onew's eye brow knitted. "Minho? I didn't know that he is your brother. He was not around during our wedding." he said.

 "It's a long story." she replied.

 Onew didn't ask any other question when he noticed that Hara has no plan sharing him her story. Hara kept quiet. When they are done eating, Onew went to the laborers and had a chat with them. Then Hara went insidet he mansion.

 She was welcomed by the quiet house. The only thing that was making a sound was the huge clock in front of the living room. Her eyes wander around and then she look up where her room is. She made a deep sigh.

 She went up, going to her old room. She breathe the familiar air. She went to the closed window. She shove away the thick curtain, then there's the cold breeze coming from the outside.

 From where she is, she can see everything. Their farm where there is their cows, their manggo tree and poultry goods. Products that gave them enough income.

 That's the only thing she should keep in mind.

 She look at the door when she heard someone knocking.

 "It's open Mrs. Gong." she said when she thought that it was their old maid. But Onew went inside and he closed the door.

 "Why?" she asked coldly. The feeling that should not be there is the reason why she is regretting why she married this man.

 "You left me." he replied as his eyes look around her room, "Nice room."

 "You should have waited for me downstairs." she said.

 From where the frame he is looking at he turned his gaze to her, her cold grey eyes.

 "I'm your husband, Hara." he said.

 "I'm sorry, Onew, but don't be such a hypocrite. We both know what this marriage is for. We don't have to pretend, if there's no one else around. And stop acting like a loving husband." she said and Onew's forehead wrinkeled.

 He replied calmly, "We are husband and wife, Hara. Remember that. And don't even try argue with me, you might regret it." he said, his voice is not threatening her but that made her keep quiet. She look away and look outside. She did not realize that there were tears streaming down her face. And when Onew left.

 Sunset and there's only a few people around the backyard.

 Onew kept on looking at his watch. He wandered around the huge mansion. He stood and sat down for too many times. When he was bored, he went up the stair where his wife is. He did not bother to knock. He opened the door,
only to be surprised when Hara was facing him.

 "We're going home. The sun is setting." he said, when he noticed the face of his wife. "You cried." he said worriedly as he saw her reddish eyes.

 "It's nothing." she said.

 "Do you regret everything?" he asked.

 "No."

 "Are you sure?" he bent down and look for her face.

 "Yes. Please." she look away from him and made a sigh, "Let's just go home."

 "Okay." he said.

 He rested his hand on Hara's shoulder and pull her to kiss her forehead. He didn't say a word.

 


Update, thanks for the comments and for subscribing, you guys inspire me :)

BTW I was caught by my prof just earlier while making this chapter, the thing is that he didn't got mad. Instead he told me to keep it up LOL :))

I love that prof of mine, I thought he was one of those meanest grouch prof I had in campus :))

Hope you guys like the update :_