Chapter 16

Stranger's Bride


 "Hara," Minho greeted him.

 "You seem busy." She made her way inside the room. Minho shrugged his shoulder and put the papers he was holding down to the table.

 "I was just wondering, hoping that there must be something our parents left me." he smiled bitterly.

 "I don't know anything about that, Minho. Maybe they have their reasons." she replied.

 "And what is that reason, Hara? Isn't it enough that I didn't left this place inspite of everything? I know I'm not a true Choi, I'm just an
adopted child, but I was here with them while their true child went abroad to have some fun." he said sarcastically.

 "I didn't go there to have some fun. I was studying there, Minho."

 "Studying? Or spending money that you never work hard for?"

 "They are the one who wanted me to study overseas." she reasoned out.

 His laugh was filled with sarcasm. "Why am I even telling you this, it wont change anything. They are dead and they left us this big problem.
The land which I though I would have a share. But this is only yours. Let me ask you something. Why did you come back?"

 Hara knitted her eyebrow. But she stayed calm. She knows that Minho is just hurt about what happened.

 "You said earlier that I'm their real child." she replied.

 "But what do you know about running this ranch?" he asked again.

 She turned her head to him. "We can learn everything, Minho."

 "Just like the way you studied Jinki?" he said.

 



 "Just like the way you studied Jinki?" Onew stopped, he was about to knock on the door of the library. He followed Hara after Mrs. Kang told him that she was in her room.

 He took one step back. But he can still hear them clearly.

 "Don't put Onew in this matter, Minho!" he hea Hara.

 "Why not? Isn't it, you used your charm to that so you can use him. Coz you know you'll go down any time. And you prove to me that you are quiet smart, Hara. Because Lee Jinki fell on your hands. You amaze me. But I will be much more amaze if your marriage will last long." Minho said which made Onew's heart beat fast.

 "What do you mean?" his wife asked.

 Onew heard Minho's laugh. "Are you sure that the two of you are legally married? It's a whirlwin romance. Your relationship is not that
strong. And your husband has a reputation of dumping woman after getting what he wanted. And you're no different from them, Hara. The only thing that is different is the wedding ceremony."

 "Your husband like gorgeous woman. But I think it is equally paid. The money he use is not a joke just to get you." Minho said.

 Onew gasped while waiting for Hara's answer.

 "You don't know what you're talking, Minho. You don't know Onew."

 Minho's sneer was audible in his ears. "I know what I'm talking about, my dear sister. But my explanation and reason is not that worhty.
Just be true about the reason why you married him. I will only be the one to know. I thought you were going to leave."

 "But you are wrong, right? I won't let every thin that mama and papa slip away."

 Minho wistle. "Then you told me the reason indirectly, that you married him for his money .... for your own interest."

 "Just think whatever that pleases you!"

 Onew quickly turned away and left.

 Even though he knew from the start what is the reason behind their marriage, it felt like a dagger was struck on to his chest from what he heard. What he just heard was enough for him to get hurt. He knows the reason, right? But his feeling was quiet heavy. He smiled bitterly and he felt like his strength is slowly abandoning him.

 


An update! I'm free today from school works. Tomorrow will be our school play so today is like rest day. So what do you think about the chapter? Lame? Anyway, thank you for commenting and subscribing :)

I need you guys to help me decide who to put as the main character for my nex fic :)