Chapter 22

Stranger's Bride

 Onew look furiously at the old woman standing in front of him. His eyes were quiet narrowed.

 "Can you repeat what you said, Mrs. Gong."

 The old woman was scared she took a step back. "I had been calling you for hours, Onew."

 "My wife left?"

 "Yes. I said she was not allowed to leave the mansion. I told her to wait for you, but she still left. I was calling you many times. But I can't manage to contact you."

 Onew stopped. "She's with who?" he whispered.

 "A car from Choi came. I was actually busy doing some chores. Good thing Chin Rae went to me and asked me to help carry Hara's things. Your wife didn't leave any message for you. She said that you're the one who will explain everything to me." The old woman said confused.

 "Explain what?"

 When Onew entered their room, he found a letter on th side table. That's the time he understand everything.

 'I know you're thoughtful enough to understand my reason for quitting in our game. I want you to know that I'm thankful for everything. And I mean everything, Onew.  -Hara'

 He reread it too many times just to understand the message.

 'Thoughtful enough to understand.'

 No! He would never understand her reason for leaving him.

 He face palmed. His blood was surging... pulsing through his veins and his heart was beating fast as the torn paper fell on the floor.

 "Onew, I have something to tell you," Mrs. Gong said, he didn't notice that she followed him.

 "What is it?" Onew asked.

 "It's about Hara. I remember last day..." Guilt was in her eyes while looking at him. "Hara asked me something about Yuri."

 Onew looked at her confused. "What did you tell her?"

 "I told her about what I know, Onew."

 He shook his head. "No. You don't know anything, Mrs. Gong." he said before he turned away and went to his car outside the house.

 



 Tears flow down Hara's face. Minho found her like that in her room.

 "Now you know that you made a huge mistake, Hara." he said. Hara was surprised. "You're just like our mom and dad, you don't know how to trust me."

 "Because you turned them down."

 "Yes, I turned them down and never reached their expectation when I got involve in gambling and alcohols. BUt I manage to change. Still, they did not trust me. And you, Hara. You trusted that man, that stranger." he smiled bitterly. "Why did you return? Have you seen his true color? That almost all of the women worships him. And he has the history of dumping women, after taking what he wants? There's so many girls he had victimize.. and one of them is Yuri."

 Hara raised her head after what she heard.

 "You know who is Kwon Yuri? Who is she, Minho?"

 Minho smiled bitterly and stared into a blank space. It took him a while before he answered. And from every word, you can feel every pain he had been through.

 "Yuri, the woman I thought that was mine. The girl who gave me reason to believe in my dreams and made me smile every morning. And she's also the reason why my world became dark. You know why, Hara?" Hara did not reply even though she had a hint. "Because the woman I love was taken by someone else. And that man was her ideal type. The man that push her away. And now, that man is also the reason why you are crying, I'm sure."

 "Why didn't you tell me about this, Minho?" Hara asked.

 "Did you give me a chance to tell you the whole damned story? You never did, Hara. You didn't even listen to me when I gave you my warning. But I admired you for leaving him and not the other way around."

 There was a silence between them.

 "Call the travel agency, Minho." Her voice almost did not come out. Minho looked at her wit questioning eyes. "I'm leaving. Promise me that you'll take care everything here, Minho. Just like your dream."

 "Hara..."

 "You're right. I am a coward. Pretending to be brave."  She could not stop her tears from flowing.

 Minho quickly sat beside her and took her hand. "I'm sorry. It's my fault. I hope you could forgive me. You just don't know, but I'm still treating you as my sister even if I am only adopted. You're the only family I know. Whatever happens, I'm just here for you."

 She nodded. She knows that he will never do such stupid thing that will hurt her. They hug each other tightly. After a few moments, she pulled away.

 "Yuri arrived. She's staying at Lee's ranch." she informed him.

 Minho's eyes became sad. As if something struck his heart.

 


Update. huuu~ last three chapters. Can't believe that I'm going to end this fic. Kyaaa~ what do you think will happen?

Thanks for the comment and subscription. Really appreciate it. I love you guys!! <3

Remember Donghae's Chikara

I have the black version :))